TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Tycoon Mobile (RCTM) Discussion Thread

I actually was happy reading the title, never knew it would make me cry. This isn't even a bad joke in my eyes. I officially don't care any less for the RCT serie and I hope RCT5 stays away. Now when does Themepark studios becomes available for the big crowd? I'm not buying this.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'll just stick to Rct 2...You'd think they would have learned their lesson with the release of the abysmal Rct 3.

RCT2 is still the best release thus far. A lot of people liked 3 for some unknown reason but I thought it was horribly executed.

I think I'll just stick to Rct 2...You'd think they would have learned their lesson with the release of the abysmal Rct 3.

RCT2 is still the best release thus far. A lot of people liked 3 for some unknown reason but I thought it was horribly executed.

Why? whats wrong with it?

Okay, I was super excited to see the title. Then super disappointed to watch the video. However did I notice that this is just a "mobile" game? If so I'm not surprised by the lack of ... quality? ... poor graphics? ... disappointment?? However if it's a full PC Game... no thanks. As a mobile game... it's about what one can expect. But that's my just opinion.

^ I don't know why people are making excuses because it's "mobile" - it's pretty clear the direction Atari has gone with this and based on this, why would you think any other future version would be any more grounded in reality than this?

We've seen them produce a crappy 3DS game, now this.

Unless someone tries to really communicate with Atari or the company realizes "maybe this is why our video got 2,500 downvotes in less than 24 hours" I don't think they "get" what their players want.

Edited by robbalvey

straight from RCT Facebook page, just posted.

"RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile (first)! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release in Fall 2014. This is just the first step in bringing the series back to its fans this year! We are excited and hope you are too!"

https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon

"RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile (first)! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release in Fall 2014. This is just the first step in bringing the series back to its fans this year! We are excited and hope you are too!"

I certainly hope it's better than the mobile version...

1001358138_ScreenShot2014-03-17at11_56_12AM.png.f8b067ba0e96d0f6b5bafbe3660936e1.png

Very concerned about the PC version if Atari thinks that slapping the RCT name on a crappy mobile game is totally okay. I sure hope it is better than RCT3. Also, the fact that they are just now announcing a game due for the fall of this year irks me.

Edited by Koasterking48

I would not put ANY hopes that the "PC Version" is any better looking than this. IMO, if a publisher is choosing a "direction" of a game, especially when that game is also slated to release in a few months, it's probably going to take on the look and feel of the most recent versions, which was that awful 3DS game and then this new mobile version.

The only hope we have is that Atari will see all the backlash from this most recent announcement and go into OHSHIT!!! mode and fix what's broken (which from the looks of things is everything.)

First, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for the PC version.

Second, I don't get why people like RCT2 so much. I like RCT3 so much more.

For the most part RCT3 is a superior game but there are still a lot of us who don't have a computer that is strong enough to play the game on good quality settings. Sure I can build a small park on my computer in RCT3 with only a few issues but why would I want to when I can build a huge park in RCT or RCT2 without all the graphic issues and lag time that I would have to deal with in RCT3.

I found it odd that they are naming this Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 but when you watch the video they simply call it Roller Coaster Tycoon Mobile. I wonder if they will be dropping the "4" once the game is released?

First, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for the PC version.

Second, I don't get why people like RCT2 so much. I like RCT3 so much more.

For the most part RCT3 is a superior game but there are still a lot of us who don't have a computer that is strong enough to play the game on good quality settings. Sure I can build a small park on my computer in RCT3 with only a few issues but why would I want to when I can build a huge park in RCT or RCT2 without all the graphic issues and lag time that I would have to deal with in RCT3.?

Really? I've found that RCT3 isn't very intensive at all on computers. I've run it on plenty of low end machines easily. If you have any issues, simply turning down the graphics settings should fix them. Any machine that is newer than the game itself really shouldn't have trouble with it as it is now almost a decade old title. I used to run it just fine with average graphical settings on a low end Dell I got in early 2005. Back on topic, I have very little hope that the new version will be very good at all but I'm not surprised at all that Atari took this approach. Almost every company out there who is involved with gaming or media in general produces these kinds of apps since they are quick to make and can help support larger projects. I wouldn't care if it was RCTM but the 4 is what seems to insult people and reasonably so. It would be better if they just rebranded the title as most fans of the franchise probably won't bother playing this bog standard mobile game.

^ Two things...

1. People DID have trouble with RCT 3 when it came out (I worked in the game business, had a high end machine, and I couldn't get it to run!)

2. Let's keep the focus on this thread about the RCT 4 announcement. If you'd like to discuss older versions of RCT, we have an entire games thread for that.

Thank you.

--Robb

I wouldn't care if it was RCTM but the 4 is what seems to insult people and reasonably so.

What people are missing here is that it has nothing to do with the "number" but everything to do with the overall direction of the franchise. Don't forget there was a 3DS game a couple of years ago, and that was a hot mess also.

I don't have ANY confidence that Atari knows anything about this franchise anymore, what made it a success in the first place, or what they need to do to make it a success again. Unless the backlash they are getting from this announcement changes anything, I have no doubt that a future PC version would also share this same kind of direction with unrealistic looking rides, parks, and actual physics not being taken into consideration.

iOS would have seemed like the PERFECT platform to port the old RCT2 over, even if they had included in-app purchases, and at least that would have had a chance.

People also seem to forget that games cost a TON of money to develop, and when you are selling a mobile app for 99 cents, you pretty much HAVE to create in-app purchases to make a game viable.

I don't have a problem paying a dollar or two for a roller coaster pack IF the game was something I was interested in and in this case, looked and felt like an RCT game should. But everything I've seen so far leads me to believe the direction of the franchise is completely off course.

Edited by robbalvey