New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Another 2 coasters now on site. Taking the total up to 14 already

They are both small coasters.

They are small images but it appears to be an L&T kiddie and a SBF Spinner (or similar anyway)

On another note. The park is getting a pilgrims plunge style Intamin ride. (footers are already in) Does anyone know if PP was scrapped or taken down piece by piece. It could actually be the original?

Ankss1.jpg.6aca021108208d91dc9bc3c250238906.jpg

Ankss2.jpg.874adf7dcecf985e35a1fa6e5e7fe221.jpg

Ankss3.jpg.06403bee2454c9216f86876e713e793d.jpg

Ankss4.jpg.7c0229b2c31dacf028f8993482a07d04.jpg

Another 2 coasters now on site. Taking the total up to 14 already.

Good lord. Turkey wants to come into the market with a bang, that's for sure! I mean, even if they're taking the Magic Mountain approach with kiddies, haha.

On another note. The park is getting a pilgrims plunge style Intamin ride. (footers are already in) Does anyone know if PP was scrapped or taken down piece by piece. It could actually be the original?

It's hard to say, some rendering's have been showing something similar to Divertical while some have shown something similar to PP.

I have also been playing with the thought of PP going here, but if that's the case I sure hope it have gone through a serious overhaul to keep the uptime at an satisfactory level!

Are there any photos of the foundation?

Here's some photos of the flat rides!

[attachment=7]b.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=8]bc.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=9]bcd.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=13]e.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=14]ef.jpg[/attachment]

That's not KMG, that's a technical park loop fighter

That's not a fabbri pandemonium, that's a SBF space gun

Also why do they have 3 big frisbee rides?

Whoa! Wait, WHAT?! A large, 14 coaster theme park is opening in a place that I can actually affordably GET TO*?!

O_________O

These things do not happen to me. This is weird. not sure how to process this.

*once thigns calm down enough so I won't have to fear for my life if I go there, that is.

I never realized that this park was going to have 14 coasters! However, most of them are crappy Chinese knockoffs, Zamperla coasters, or bad carnival designs. however, the two Intamin coasters they do have appear to be of good quality. It might make a good side trip from Istanbul to go here, ride two good coasters, then do a lot of credit whoring.

I mean, whatever that green coaster is looks cool. I have no idea what to even call half of these rides.

The green coaster is a Wild Wind, made by the Italian company Interpark (and Pinfari too, I guess?). There's one traveling the European fair circuit called Xenox, but the ones that have been installed at parks are in really obscure locations.

That ride looks... Interesting?... Can't tell from the vid if it'd be decent or just plain rough.

...However, the lineup of flat rides in the background at that fair in the vid looks fun .... Looked like a couple KMG rides, a Fabri or ARM drop tower, plus a few other decent flats I assume... Enough to keep me happy for at least an hour or two!

Also, just love how at the end of the video the op hops over the track like a B0$$ just a few feet in front of the train as it pulls into the station.

That ride looks... Interesting?... Can't tell from the vid if it'd be decent or just plain rough.

The first Wild Wind coaster was bought by Rye Playland something like 15 years ago, fully assembled, and tested. The ride was so bad in testing that they tore it down, stored it on site, and eventually sold it to some park in Europe or Jordan or something like that. I think it's in the Philippines right now. Rye happily opened a Volare. That's all you need to know.

Because i am hearing a lot about it, i am sure this is going to be an amazing place for fun in Turkey. These photos are lush and i am sure the visitor is gonna love it. I have been two this region a couple of times. Certainly it will be a good experience for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

An old blueprint of the park showed a Zierer ESC 535 in that spot...

If that blueprint is valid (I guess so) there is something called "Dark Ride" at the left bottom of project, what might it be?

And according to a post in below link, author says when he was observing park from an overpass, a worker walks nearby and asks him if he wants, he can take him a visit inside and show him around and gives him some information (a very lucky guy indeed! In same positions I mostly get warnings from workers or securities ) Below is the important one. It says "you know yellow big coaster (intamin) he said a bigger one will be built, it will be huge, and I already saw the materials on ground. If I am not mistaken, it was blue"

Sarı büyük rolling coasteri bilirsiniz. Ondan daha büyüğü kurulacak dedi. Parçaları gelmişti gördüm. Devasa birşey olacak dedi. Yanılmıyorsam mavi renkliydi.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1598436&page=14

So, my question is, if this is true, can you see a place in satellite pictures to build this one? Or did he meant jet rescue ride? (it's blue but bigger than Intamin? No way!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...