TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from my experience on iSpeed, and I imagine it'd apply for Maverick too:

At the quick directional changes, you really have to move with the ride. If you just ragdoll it, chances are you'll get some nasty chops to the head/neck.

iSpeed has that issue too? I think Intamin made some improvement on the OTSR's after Maverick. Does i305 need this kind of brace as well?

This is from my experience on iSpeed, and I imagine it'd apply for Maverick too:

At the quick directional changes, you really have to move with the ride. If you just ragdoll it, chances are you'll get some nasty chops to the head/neck.

iSpeed has that issue too? I think Intamin made some improvement on the OTSR's after Maverick. Does i305 need this kind of brace as well?

It did during the first couple months, then they changed them to the soft padded OTSR.

^^First row of each car is the place for taller people. Putting your hands between your thigh and the lap bar during the final bunny hops can reduce the pain very well. If you want more airtime, row three of car one is probably the best choice.

Agree with all of this, I prefer the front seat on Magnum as it's probably the least painful seat and you have a great view but if you like a good beating then car 1 row 3 is for you.

Ok, my only tips from my hours upon hours of riding are as follows:

-Relax. Be loose, don’t hold on too tightly, simply use the handlebars for resting your hands or forearms.

-Tense up your legs when the attendant comes by to check your restraint. When you’re sitting in the station, the lap bar or OTSR should not be touching you, but should be very close. This still keeps you safe while allowing you plenty of room to stay comfortable.

-I’ve found that the front of the train will not knock you around as much as the back.

-For wooden coasters, try not to sit in a seat that sits right above a wheel. This really only applies to PTC trains that have 3 rows of seats per car. (Sit in the middle two seats)

Keep in mind; these are just general suggestions that will work on just about any B&M or Schwarzkophf coaster. You will need to adapt accordingly to different manufacturers, coaster styles, construction types, layouts, ect.

I think Ispeed's restraints are exactly the same as maverick, it doesn't seem to have so many "neck chopping" moments, though.