TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar point winter tour 2014

thrillrider

They are doing improvements to the petting farm including more variety of animals, and they are going to have performers and a blue grass band playing on the trail this summer

Glad to hear that because some of the animals in the petting zoo last year didn't ummm....look very alive.

Thanks for the off-season report, David...I always look forward to it!

Also, I was thinking that someone had mentioned that Chickie & Pet's was going in the new Gemini area? I wondered at the time why they wouldn't have put it where the Game Time Grill was...like Dorney. Sounds like exactly what they are doing.

Definitely excited about the future announcements too (crossing fingers & hoping it has the letters RMC in it)!

283.JPG.f11e100dffb853493bd9a01b6b88027c.JPG

I think this turkey is ready to be made into nuggets.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Besides the animals, I am not sure if they are doing any other improvements to the petting farm. I am really happy about the entertainment coming to the trail. The trail has seemed to be lacking life. I wouldn't mind seeing a small thrill ride installed on the trail sometime also.

How about the just burn meanstreak down and start over?

Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? Does that help? I totally agree, just start over.

Thanks for all the winter off season pictures! Especially for after the park at the Thirsty Pony. Also thanks the information on the Disk-O-Coaster construction and that they can put it up in a day. Valleyfair is behind on construction (at least compared to CP) due to the harsh winter this year in building their Disk-O-Coaster and I was starting to wonder if they may not be ready for opening day but probably not an issue if they can get it going in a day after the loading station is built. That should allow plenty of time for testing.

Any idea why Millennium Force's train is being completely rebuilt? Is this just routine maintenance or are they doing something to improve it? I know some people don't like the current restraint system.

This is done every off season. Every coaster car and several of the Flat rides vehicles are stripped down to their chassis and they do no destructive testing to see if there are any cracks in the chassis then they rebuild the cars and replace any part that needs replacing.

This is an interesting photo shoot of a theme park during the winter months ( I was going to say "off season", but to these guys that work at the park full time, there is no such thing as an off season), and it is amazing to see rides that are stripped down for the winter. The average rider and amusement park flyer would think that all the rides just stay in their places, never realizing that the coaster cars are removed from the tracks, the flat rides are stripped down to their bare essentials, and some buildings are converted as either maintenance shops or storage sheds.

This would create an interesting show for the Travel Channel: a series that goes behind the scenes of a theme park during the winter months. Episode one will deal with the final day of operations and the beginning of the shutdown, the other episodes will deal with stripping rides down and later rebuilding them, you got to have one on building a new ride and/or dismantling an old ride, and the final episode will be getting the park ready to open for opening day. Plus, we'll see the park hire new park attendants, new ride attendants, new talent for their shows, and everything else you never thought you'll see when the park is closed for the season. What do you all think - will this be a show you'll like to watch? I know I would want to see it.

Any idea why Millennium Force's train is being completely rebuilt? Is this just routine maintenance or are they doing something to improve it? I know some people don't like the current restraint system.

I've never heard anyone complain of MF's restraint system. It's a lap bar and a seatbelt that you don't notice. Did you just make that up?

I've never heard anyone complain of MF's restraint system. It's a lap bar and a seatbelt that you don't notice. Did you just make that up?

MFs restraints are very tight mainly the seatbelt. They're much tighter than they need to be