TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season 3

I can confirm I was on the shoot last year at Worlds of Fun for Mamba, and we were told it would most likely be featured in season 3. So if Big Max is also going to be on, I'd say one of the categories may be hyper coasters.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was one of the featured riders on Steel Dragon 2000. It was a fun experience shooting it, but I dread watching it. I think I'm probably gonna look like an idiot. Lol!

The shows have a way of making you say and act in terrible ways that you never would in real life. I hate that every show has to have some sort of 'spin' or 'angle' or 'story'. Just show some fun roller coasters like they used to in the 90's shows. Just ask 'my best friend Neil who I planned the Taiwan trip with' for another example of reality tv!!!

I was one of the featured riders on Steel Dragon 2000. It was a fun experience shooting it, but I dread watching it. I think I'm probably gonna look like an idiot. Lol!

The shows have a way of making you say and act in terrible ways that you never would in real life. I hate that every show has to have some sort of 'spin' or 'angle' or 'story'. Just show some fun roller coasters like they used to in the 90's shows. Just ask 'my best friend Neil who I planned the Taiwan trip with' for another example of reality tv!!!

oh no. I'm dreading seeing this show! Someone will need to record it and send me a link as it won't be broadcast here at the same time as the US I expect. I can then watch it once and never again! haha.

It was a very strange day that day.

Latley when i have visited my home parks (flamingo land and light water valley) i have seen filming around the ultimate (LWV) and Velocity and Kumali at flamingo land, maybe that could be on ICWs, I doubt it, as i diddnt see a travel channel van or a van with ICW on it, i heard about nemesis, smiler, saw and the swarm on it, It would be nice to see liesburg rides on, and maybe do a invert round with banshee, nemesis, raptor and Pyrenees would be cool

In regards to Banshee being on it, we would likely see that ride on the show if they decided to do a Season 4. They do filming before the 2014 new coasters are open. So rides like Banshee and Helix and Medusa: Steel Coaster wouldn't be on till a possible 4th season, which might not even happen. Who knows? Its up to the directors to make it if its popular enough.

wow cool stuff! Is it just me, or do they seem to be doing a little less of the riders and a tiny bit more of the coasters? My major problem with last season was too much about the riders and not as much about the actual ride, so just basing this off of the clip, it seems that they're showing a little bit more of the ride. Idk, maybe its just this coaster. Did anyone else besides me not like that about last season?

The list has been posted!

Episode 1: Saturday, June 29, 7 p.m.

-Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas

-Gravity Max at Taiwan's Lihpao Land Discovery World

-Mamba at Missouri's Worlds of Fun

-Superman: Ride of Steel at Spain's Parque War

Episode 2: Inverted Woodie. Saturday, June 29, 7:30 p.m.

-Outlaw Run at Missouri's Silver Dollar City

-Avalancha at Guatemala's Xetulul

-Phantom’s Revenge at Pennsylvania's Kennywood

-Insane Speed at Taiwan's Janfusun Fancyworld

Episode 3: World's Tallest Loop. Saturday, July 6, 7 p.m.

-Full Throttle at California's Six Flags Magic Mountain

-Goliath at Canada's La Ronde

-Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast at Six Flags St. Louis

-Wodan Timbur Coaster at Germany's Europa Park

Episode 4: 318-Foot Scream Machine. Saturday, July 6, 7:30 p.m.

-Gatekeeper at Ohio's Cedar Point

-Steel Dragon 2000 at Japan's Nagashima Spa Land

-Cheetah Hunt at Florida's Busch Gardens

-Coaster Express at Spain's Parque Warner Madrid

Episode 5: Beyond Vertical Drop. Saturday, July 13, 7 p.m.

-Fahrenheit at Pennsylvania's Hersheypark

-White Cyclone at Japan's Nagashima Spa Land

-Kumba at Florida's Busch Gardens

-Silver Star at Germany's Europa Park

Episode 6: 255-Foot Plunge. Saturday, July 13, 7:30 p.m.

-Goliath at California's Six Flags Magic Mountain

-Ednor L'Attaque at Canada's La Ronde

-Raptor at Ohio's Cedar Point

-Superman Ultimate Escape at Six Flags Mexico

Episode 7: 21-Story Free Fall. Saturday, July 20, 7 p.m.

-The Boss at Six Flags St. Louis

-Big One at England's Blackpool Pleasure Beach

-Superman Krypton at Six Flags Fiesta Texas

-Medusa at Six Flags Mexico

Well, I think that the overall lineup of coasters looks pretty good, but can someone please explain to me why a Vekoma SLC (Endor L'Attaque) made the show, especially when they have a B:TR clone in the same park?

Edited by VF15

Well, I think that the overall lineup of coasters looks pretty good, but can someone please explain to me why a Vekoma SLC (Endor L'Attaque) made the show, especially when they have a B:TR clone in the same park?

It would be a bit pointless having 2 b&m inverts on the same episode. Don't think they have had any vekoma SLCs on the show before so makes sense to have it on to show a bit of diversity. Even if the GP will probably not notice the difference.

Glad to finally see a UK coaster on there. Even if it is just the big one.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the new Insane Coaster Wars episode right now. The show narrator doesn't sound very enthusiastic compared to in the previous seasons, which is kind of funny because I thought he used to be too enthusiastic, but I do like the coasters that are being featured.

I knew that Iron Rattler was going to win the first one.

I enjoyed seeing RMC so well spotlighted with Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler! RMC are definitely a force to be reckoned with. I can attest to their greatness on New Texas Giant which blew me away back in '11 thanks to the bash that Robb & Elissa threw.

It was also great to see Elissa having fun on the show. Thanks for all you and Robb have done to help me get to visit some amazing parks and rides over the years!!!

For some reason, I had my DVR set to record it. All of the outcomes were pretty predictable.

I also loved Elissa's acting talents, as her dialogue was full of things she normally wouldn't say. It was almost as if she was thinking to herself while filming "I can't believe I'm saying these things!"