TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season 3

First and foremost, is Insane Coaster Wars going to have a 3rd season? It's about a month before the show would be premiering, but I've heard nothing official about a 3rd season from the Travel Channel or any other official source. If anyone has any official confirmation of a 3rd season, please share it.

Second, I really don't know what coasters would be on a 3rd season because there are so many good coasters out there that deserve to be on a show like this.

Third, I still have problems with this show's rating method. It's definitely better than having people vote online, but in my opinion, the voting should contain either all coaster enthusiasts or all GP. It sounds like it would be hard to do, but it seems like the most fair method.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First and foremost, is Insane Coaster Wars going to have a 3rd season? It's about a month before the show would be premiering, but I've heard nothing official about a 3rd season from the Travel Channel or any other official source. If anyone has any official confirmation of a 3rd season, please share it.

Second, I really don't know what coasters would be on a 3rd season because there are so many good coasters out there that deserve to be on a show like this.

Third, I still have problems with this show's rating method. It's definitely better than having people vote online, but in my opinion, the voting should contain either all coaster enthusiasts or all GP. It sounds like it would be hard to do, but it seems like the most fair method.

It is confirmed on the Travel Channel website, but you have to dig deep to find it.

http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/travels-best/articles/best-amusement-parks-and-water-parks-2014-advisors

Steve VanDis

Insane Coaster Wars Co-Executive Producer

Steve VanDis is a seasoned reality and adventure producer who has worked for Travel Channel, Mark Burnett Productions, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel and all the major networks.

For the past 3 years Steve has spearheaded Travel Channel's series on the world's greatest roller coasters, Insane Coaster Wars. Steve's crews have traveled from Dubai's Formula Rossa, the fastest coaster in the world, to the world's steepest coaster, Takabisha at Fuji-q Highland in Japan, and experienced Kingda Ka and Intimidator 305 in the United States. Steve and his crews strive to film these roller coasters in a way that's never been done before, giving the viewers at home the ultimate ride experience.

Steve and his crew at Indigo Films have filmed over 90 roller coasters worldwide. His upcoming season of Insane Coaster Wars: World Domination will air this summer and feature some of the world's newest and hottest roller coasters.

Edited by robbalvey

^Yeah my ugly mug will be riding The Boss on the SF St. Louis episode. Ughhh what a terrible ride! I really hope they RMC it. There really is a TON of potential with that layout! Hell I may even start going to that park again if they do it!

So it is coming coming back for a third season? Thanks for letting me know, larrygator.

I probably should have posted this in my earlier post, but another issue I had with this show is how the Top 10 at the end of season one turned out. There is no way that a Giant Inverted Boomerang is the 3rd best coaster in America. I also think Manta shouldn't be #5. It is a great coaster, but I don't think it's good enough to be ranked that high.

I also don't like how they put too much emphasis on certain coaster facts, such as "This coaster pulls UP TO FOUR G'S!" There are plenty of coasters out there that pull four G's. I honestly do like this show, but there are many small things that I get annoyed with.

Edited by VF15

another issue I had with this show is how the Top 10 at the end of season one turned out. There is no way that a Giant Inverted Boomerang is the 3rd best coaster in America.

And this is exactly why the voting was changed from season 1 to season 2. Everyone needs to remember that these shows are not made "for coaster enthusiasts" and the general public sees things very differently than we do. I personally think they did a very good job with this show and it's much better than some of the other offerings we've seen in years past. But it's not going to appeal to "enthusiasts" like it will to the public.

I think it just bugs me how one of the categories is "inversions" and people will give it a 10 on some coasters even though they have no inversions. It's just little things like that that big me. I also don't like how they seem to spend too much time on the people riding the coaster then the actual coaster.

There's actually one last thing that bugs me, and that is how everyone they interview for the show is labeled as a coaster enthusiast, because some of them sound like they don't know what they are talking about, and others you can definitely tell that they are GPs. For example, someone that was interviewed about Vortex at KI said that it was one of the first coasters with loops and corkscrews, and that's not true. There are plenty of coasters before Vortex that had loops and corkscrews. If facts are going to be told on a show like this, they ought to get them straight.

I think it just bugs me how one of the categories is "inversions" and people will give it a 10 on some coasters even though they have no inversions. It's just little things like that that big me. I also don't like how they seem to spend too much time on the people riding the coaster then the actual coaster.

This is the main reason I don't watch the show. I am sick of "reality" shows. This is why the focus on the people rather then the coaster. The people will say anything to have their "5 minutes" of fame! I will stick to my own thoughts and youtube videos. I just wish there was a tv show that features the coaster a lot more then the people.

I don't know how they choose the riders that they film, but it seems that they always choose first time riders who are scared of roller coasters. That bugs me when that happens every single time. It makes it seem like everyone is afraid of coasters. I dunno. I guess they think that it makes for good TV.

Just be happy there is a new show with coasters on TV and that they consult Robb on covering a variety of coasters around the world.

If far as being annoyed by someone making an ignorant or erroneous comment on TV. Turn the volume off when they interview someone. Welcome to the 21th Century and you certainly can't escape these types of comments on the internet either.

I don't know how they choose the riders that they film, but it seems that they always choose first time riders who are scared of roller coasters. That bugs me when that happens every single time. It makes it seem like everyone is afraid of coasters. I dunno. I guess they think that it makes for good TV.

People who are not emotional are considered boring by today's standards!

Yeah seriously. It's a very good ride plus they already taped the mount olympus tower for xtreme water parks.

It is an average wooden coaster. It is NOWHERE near the quality or stature of the coaster covered in the show.

Could be great to see one episode about the old woodies (the ones that were built before the 1960's) so the show wouldn't be only about the tallest or fastest, because there are lots of good coasters that maybe we are never going to see on TV just because they arent from Flags, Cedar Point, or a SeaWorld park. So it kinda makes me sick to see the same big parks getting all the credit

I was filmed on ride for the filming of The Big One in Blackpool, so I know that'll be on this year, possibly a "Tallest Drops" kind of competition?

I mean I'm a massive enthusiast but they asked us to cheer at the camera's and act a little more dramatic just to make things exciting haha, rather that or look like Mr Bean riding the fun fair...

Thunderbolt Kennywood

Cyclone Coney Island

Yankee Cannonball Canobie Lake

Giant Dipper Santa Cruz

That would be an awesome show!

I think all of those coasters have starred in at least two coaster documentaries from the 90s.

I'm pretty sure Fahrenheit will be featured this season as I think they filmed on it towards the end of summer last year.

I saw this on the TPR Twitter page. Looks like Outlaw Run, Gravity Max, Steel Dragon 2000, and Full Throttle are confirmed to be on the show this year.

image.thumb.jpg.dd38882c0a8d67af7b5cf4d667b37a2a.jpg

Edited by VF15

• 3 weeks later...