TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season 3

In the off season, I've been doing a lot of re-watching of this past season of ICW: World Domination which aired this past summer. As coaster enthusiasts, I'm sure most of us have seen the show, if not heard of it. However this got me thinking towards the future, which caused me to think of what could be the future of the show. What coasters will be in Season 3? The only ones I know of now are Full Throttle and Goliath from Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Steel Dragon 2000 from Nagashima Spa Land. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to get a list going of what will be in this Season, which aires this summer. I'm sure that we could probably figure out the full list, as many of you out there were probably present for the video shoot! And while we're on the topic, does anyone know if they will be keeping the 'World Domination' part of the title, or are they coming up with another title? Like most of you, I look forward to watching the season, so I thought that this would be a good way to get us excited for it.

Edited by CPSFMMCW

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully all the big new coasters for 2013. Like outlaw run and gatekeeper. Since FT as SFMM we know will be in it. And if I've noticed one thing, it's that they will often shoot 2 coasters at 1 park. Could superman: krypton coaster be featured as well, if iRat is to be in it? Food for thought.

And while we're on the topic, does anyone know if they will be keeping the 'World Domination' part of the title, or are they coming up with another title?

Universe domination!!!

Now, really, apart from the rides which opened in 2013 what can we expect? Maybe coasters like T-express which came second in the MH poll?

I really can't see them hitting up Thorpe as nothing at Thorpe is standoutish. The only ride I could see them featuring at Alton is Smiler and that's mainly due to the 14 inversion gimmick.

I do know of another couple of parks set to be featured though...

I really can't see them hitting up Thorpe as nothing at Thorpe is standoutish. The only ride I could see them featuring at Alton is Smiler and that's mainly due to the 14 inversion gimmick.

They could pretty easily cover Thirteen as well and highlight the vertical drop gimmick.

What about nemesis? It definitely is a stand out ride, no?

don't forget, they featured Six Flags America! if they can have that park on the show, then they can have thorpe!

Heck, they went all the way to Australia to film Tower of Terror when Magic Mountain has almost the exact same ride! So I wouldn't assume any decent-sized international parks are out of contention.

What about nemesis? It definitely is a stand out ride, no?

I agree it's a stand out ride but I would assume (my own opinion here mind), that if they featured Nemesis and aired that to the public it may look quite boring and it is the same type as others coasters they have featured in the past. This is not saying the ride is boring as it's a great ride but from the point of view of the people watching, it may come across that way. Maybe it would work if they put the emphasis on the location in a blasted out hole in the rock and more from that angle it might work but from the coaster angle itself, I don't see it.

^ Hahaha congratulations!

I am so pumped for Season Three! I don't think this will happen, but I think Insane Coaster should feature a classic, older coaster, like Cedar Point's Blue Streak or Phoenix or something!