TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hawk [NL2] Off Ride + Reverse POV Online

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're just playing about, use the preview thread. No need to start a new thread for your project unless you have a substantial amount of content.

Maybe I worded my first post slightly wrong, but what I meant was I was playing around with the colours! The actual trackwork is close to final, and this is a project I fully intend to finish, I'm not sure if you've seen one of my project topics before, but I like to follow a similar template with them, and it's never seemed to be a problem before.

The "playing around" with trackwork and layouts is something I've done with this project since early January, so although I'm not showing an awful lot in this screen, ALOT of time went into it, and this screen is part of the final product with regards to trackwork.

I would never start a topic unless I was completely happy with what I've created and have a full intent to release the product.

Everyone seems to be putting these zero-g pretzel rolls things on flyers now, it's strange. Not that I think it's a bad thing, that element looks awesome, and seems like something B&M would actually build if they decided to make a bit more of an intense flyer.

Personally, from the picture you shown, I don't like the compact nature of the layout, I much prefer when rollercoasters (B&Ms in particular) have a more expansive layout, but then again,that's personal preference. I look forward to seeing some more pics of this.

Maybe I worded my first post slightly wrong, but what I meant was I was playing around with the colours! The actual trackwork is close to final, and this is a project I fully intend to finish, I'm not sure if you've seen one of my project topics before, but I like to follow a similar template with them, and it's never seemed to be a problem before.

The "playing around" with trackwork and layouts is something I've done with this project since early January, so although I'm not showing an awful lot in this screen, ALOT of time went into it, and this screen is part of the final product with regards to trackwork.

I would never start a topic unless I was completely happy with what I've created and have a full intent to release the product.

Not to mention that every one of your other projects is top-notch and they don't seem to ever go stagnant like everyone else's.

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing more work on the ride, and I quite like it. I've incorporated some of my favourite flyer elements to the ending. They may not be to everyones tastes and they're a definite contrast to the twist-and-force first half, but I feel it works. I've always been obsessed with capturing that floaty exhilarating flying sensation, and I feel the tracks getting there, I just need to get the surroundings to emphasis this.

Screens.

Once again ignore the colours for now, I haven't quite figured out how to present the ride as a package. It's getting there though, feels like I haven't done a project in AGES.

I've noticed the over use of tunnels. Real rides don't tend to use them alot, and I feel most people hide the best parts with tunnel over-kill!

I did have a tunnel on this ride, but it didn't add anything, and I figured as a flyer it's more exhilarating whizzing past the terrain and trees than surrounded by concrete.

Thanks for the feedback, I've also decided on a name. "HØG", it's an old norse word for hawk.I have a weird obsession with scandinavia and this word seems appropriate and striking. Maybe not the most original idea, and a flyer named after a hawk, but hey.

Just an overview of the ride from the "guest plaza" area (hopefully the main first view of the ride). I'm quite proud of how the layout sits in the skyline from this view. Also if you ever notice a trim brake in any pictures, don't be offended. I've had to add one as I'm a perfectionist. I don't believe pacing means "fast paced" and the second half slightly over sped. But I guess it adds an element of realism .

I like the layout and the fact that it is hidden in the trees! I think the color scheme of the very first picture of the thread was the best haha.

Invested in NL2-Pro (tis payday) which is fabulous! Which means pretty screens but also I've tweeked the friction slightly, as I feel it was running as if it was all hard wheels so needed a trim. But now I can eliminate the trim and it's running as planned.

Edited by Richard