TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I will follow suit now that I have some money. I will match the next $25 donation to my page! I may end up doing another like this, but this is a start!

I just donated $25 to your page. Go Team TPR!

^ I just officially updated the team totals on the first page, and it's even better......Team TPR has now raised a remarkable $30,645 for Give Kids The World!!!! Unbelievable work by everyone!!

However, we're not done yet! Don't stop now, teammates! The final push is ON!! How high can we push this amazing total to?? Stay tuned!

Yesterday I received a large donation! I was in utter shock! I love you all so much! I just wish financially I could do that! I am so proud to be apart of this! Less then a week!!

Thank you all that have help is raise over $30000!!! Simply incredible!!

So jealous! Wish I could participate during the event this year, but unfortunately won't be able to. Donations made and I'll be there in spirit! Last year's event at World's of Fun was a blast! To all of this year's participants, have fun and thanks for supporting and participating in such a great cause!

This has been edited with new info posted about Valleyfair on Saturday after I emailed them about the bad info:

Registration time: 6:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m. at the front gate

Event time: 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.

Marathon taking place on: 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. ERT on Renegade

8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. ERT on Wild Thing

**Participants will receive Fast Lane vouchers to be used for the remainder

of the day**

Meal: Participants will receive meal vouchers to use when they are ready

Awards ceremony time and location: 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Location TBD

Regular park operating hours: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Prizes: 1st place - Four (4) tickets and 50 Beagle Bucks (valued at $229.96)

2nd place - Two (2) tickets and 25 Beagle Bucks (valued at $114.98)

3rd place - Give Kids The World gift basket

^ Thanks, I'll update the first post with that new info shortly.

For those looking to make some last minute donations, I'd like to throw out there that our TPR Team at Cedar Point has made a HUGE charge in these final days and is now only $50 from taking over the #1 team spot there!!

So, who wants to help them take the lead??

Here's the link to their team page - http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=1682&pg=team&fr_id=1233

It's easy.....click, pick a rider, and donate to the cause!

^ Thanks, I'll update the first post with that new info shortly.

For those looking to make some last minute donations, I'd like to throw out there that our TPR Team at Cedar Point has made a HUGE charge in these final days and is now only $50 from taking over the #1 team spot there!!

So, who wants to help them take the lead??

Here's the link to their team page - http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=1682&pg=team&fr_id=1233

It's easy.....click, pick a rider, and donate to the cause!

Yes! please help us get to number one! (if it's easier, my banner is below )

SOO EXCITED TO PARTICIPATE

Alright team, I updated the first page of the thread again to include the revised schedule for Valleyfair's event.

I also ran updated totals, including Chuck's super generous donation to our CP team from mere minutes ago! Thanks, Chuck!

Are you all ready to be BLOWN AWAY???

Thanks to continued final surges of donations for our Team TPR participants (including another giant surge courtesy of Jason at KD!), our total amount raised for GKTW continues to grow in leaps and bounds!

Let's check the big board, shall we? As of about 10 minutes ago, the total amount raised by Team TPR is........

$37,226!!!

Two words sum that up for me right now -- WOW!! and SPECTACULAR!! I'm seriously blown away by how amazing you all are doing with fundraising! If you're a Team TPR member or a TPR donater, the message is the same: THANK YOU SO MUCH!! At this point, nothing would surprise me.....so let's go for broke -- $40,000 raised or bust!!

^^The parks are donating their time, money, crews, etc. to make the event happen. Perhaps that park just decided that was all they could do due to projected attendance, budgets, or other reasons. Maybe they'll have nice surprises that day. It's important to remember this is a charitable event, not an enthusiast event.

This has been edited with new info posted about Valleyfair on Saturday after I emailed them about the bad info:

Registration time: 6:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m. at the front gate

Event time: 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.

Marathon taking place on: 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. ERT on Renegade

8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. ERT on Wild Thing

**Participants will receive Fast Lane vouchers to be used for the remainder

of the day**

Meal: Participants will receive meal vouchers to use when they are ready

Awards ceremony time and location: 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Location TBD

I was just about to update that info. Thanks, Trent. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday at Valleyfair!

Does anyone know why Valleyfair is only holding their event until 10:30am? With only 1 hour of ERT on each coaster? Seems kind of sad considering every other Cedar Fair park is going until at least 5pm or later.

The weather is supposed to suck on Saturday. Frankly I'm impressed they are going to still try and do anything at all and not just cancel it outright. Go Valleyfair! Can't wait to see what fun stuff they have planned for the short time we are there.

weather.jpg.d13a6fb802b2839a62653330e5a8fac5.jpg

Yeah, this is why the change.

^^The parks are donating their time, money, crews, etc. to make the event happen. Perhaps that park just decided that was all they could do due to projected attendance, budgets, or other reasons. Maybe they'll have nice surprises that day. It's important to remember this is a charitable event, not an enthusiast event.

THIS. Perfectly said, Elissa!

And remember, Valleyfair's is scheduled to be on Saturday, which would almost certainly have bigger projected attendance compared to Sunday. Also, if you look closer at the updated details, after the ERT on Renegade and Wild Thing, it mentions that ALL participants will receive Fast Lane vouchers for the rest of the day! Still sounds like they're doing plenty to me!