TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say how awesome TPR is. I donated a very small $25 towards the Cedar Point TPR team and was excited to get a DVD back from TPR, I only asked for one instead of the two. What I wasn't expecting was a "Bag-O-Crap" (should be Bag-O-Awesome-Stuff) with it! Robb, it was certainly a very kind gesture and something you didn't have to do and to that I say THANK YOU! This is why TPR is the best! I'm excited to look through the Tokyo Disney maps! Thanks again!

And congrats to all of those that participated and raised money for a great cause!!

20140609_162554.thumb.jpg.25f04bb3a3676195659fd6abe4205343.jpg

Awesome Maps and stuff from TPR!!

^If you are talking about people from the park who took pictures, I would look at the parks Twitter or Facebook pages to see if they updated throughout the day.

Yea that park photos. I checked KI, I will continue to see what develops.

^If you are talking about people from the park who took pictures, I would look at the parks Twitter or Facebook pages to see if they updated throughout the day.

Yea that park photos. I checked KI, I will continue to see what develops.

I only saw one photo from all the ones you know he took. I didn't take any photos as my phone's battery was acting up and went from fully charged to almost nothing by mid-morning.

edit - I found one he took of the entire group on twitter - https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/475634577017688064/photo/1

I'm cut out of the photo, but oh well :/

The event was awesome! Not too many people marathoned the entire time, most got a few laps and went to other rides. It was my first visit to Kings Island, so I left for an hour and went to get credits on the other coasters, but I got 25 laps on the Racer. Will definitely be attending again next year

I was "only" able to get 80 laps on Racer this year (compared to 95 and 92 the past two years), which I believe was the 4th highest count of the day (too much lemonade at lunch ). A lot of people left for other rides. We had MORE participants this year, but FEWER people on the ride. The good news is, KI raised more money this year than last year, which is what really matters.

The excitement and energy on the ride progressively picked up throughout the day. I think the afternoon crew helped with that. As always, the event was a ton of fun and a huge success!

Cedar Point has decided to reschedule their Coasting for Kids event on June 22nd! we plan on attending and taking LOTS of pictures! so be prepared!

Also, any of my other team members planning on going??

I want to be able to get pictures together

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't take many photos, but here are some from Cedar Points' Coasting for Kids event:)

IMG_0244.thumb.JPG.92d466e01334957f15c13c26fda459ff.JPG

Picture CP posted to twitter (look its us!)

IMG_0239.thumb.JPG.99fd7884514f512d275eeb47f4df83b0.JPG

we decided to sneak back with the Millennium walkback group:3

IMG_0240.thumb.JPG.fd0c07d90da5ea9ad6a14ba125fb0e36.JPG

There were a few other Coasting for Kids riders that had the same idea ;)

IMG_0246.thumb.JPG.898fadccbdb9bf1d879b4434af69a865.JPG

we were the only ones that got to ride the blue train! :)

IMG_0248.thumb.JPG.708aff5c19aa25dda610deee67cd1b2c.JPG

lunch was given out right in front of Gemini:)

IMG_0242.thumb.jpg.a06681e2bd7764ff72b8c4a9ee25d33f.jpg

everyone that participated got bracelets (yes...that IS sunburn)

IMG_0241.thumb.jpg.195d93d6839d3167788f7200759821b2.jpg

This isn't really part of it, but the slingshot is looking nice! :)

• 6 months later...

When does the registration for Coasting For Kids normally start? Also, is it people who raise the most money get to ride or is it whoever registers first? This event sounds like a ton of fun, and for a great cause. I really want to do this when it comes up!

When does the registration for Coasting For Kids normally start? Also, is it people who raise the most money get to ride or is it whoever registers first? This event sounds like a ton of fun, and for a great cause. I really want to do this when it comes up!

I think registration starts around March. When I did it in 2012, you had to raise at least $25 to participate in the marathon. I think if you raised $75 or $100, you got a wristband (but they ended up giving them to everyone that day). They gave out really nice prizes for the top three fundraisers, one of which was a VIP tour for four.

The best place to start would be the first post: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1413892#p1413892

It has all the general information for the event. The cost to register was $25 for 2014, and then you had to raise at least $75 to participate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^Many thanks for the heads up, I am signed up already for the event at Dorney Park.

Here's the Team TPR page for Dorney

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=2915&pg=team&fr_id=1372

The general sign-up page as well

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR?fr_id=1372&pg=entry

My fundraising page

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1122087&pg=personal&fr_id=1372

Edited by GnastyGnoric7