TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

Remember, Team TPR people! If you don't have my cell phone number already, please PM me for it so you can text me photos!

That sounds a little bit dirty... Or maybe it's just me!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know if the Cedar Point event will be canceled due to the water main break?

I cannot imagine that they would want to lose BOTH days of the week and I would hope hey are working around the clock to get it fixed.

I would keep an eye on their twitter for more info.

Just got this email:

Hello fantastically patient Coasting participants,

As many of you may have already heard, Cedar Point and the City of Sandusky experienced a water main break on the main line that supplies water to Cedar Point. The City of Sandusky is currently working to repair the system. This means that the park will remain closed until Monday, June 9 (tentatively), and Coasting For Kids, unfortunately, has been canceled. We know how disappointing this is for you all, with all of the hard work put into your fundraising, and the resources poured into travel.

Our partners at Cedar Fair have been working nonstop to make this up to you all, and we have two options:

1. The folks at Kings Island have generously reached out to Cedar Point and the Village, and offered to host all Cedar Point Coasting For Kids participants at their park. We love this option, because you will still be able to join each other to celebrate the wonderful work you've done, and coast all day long! If this works for you, here are some additional details to help make tomorrow a little easier for you:

Kings Island is located at 6300 Kings Island Dr, Mason, OH 45040

Registration time: 8:00 a.m. front gate plaza (All participants must arrive and be checked in by 8:45 a.m. to participate prior to 10:00 a.m.)

**For participants arriving after 11:00 a.m., check-in will be moved to Guest Services

Event time: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Marathon taking place on: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Diamondback

10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Red Racer

10:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. - Banshee

Meal: 12:00 p.m. in International Restaurant

Awards ceremony time and location: 11 p.m. at Banshee entrance plaza

Additional itinerary details: Group photo at 8:55 a.m. at Diamondback entrance

Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Parking: Enter through 1 Team Way, and park in the main lot

2. Cedar Point would love to welcome you back to their fantastic park at a later date of your choice. If you do not want or are not able to participate at Kings Island, Cedar Point has offered to mail two (2), one day general admission passes for use prior to Labor Day. Participants who raised at least $1,000 will also receive a Fast Lane pass to use on their visit. If you prefer this option, simply send me an email by Wednesday, June 11 with the correct mailing address to send the tickets to.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to provide alternatives to you. We appreciate your continued support of the Village, and love of Cedar Fair's beloved parks.

Best regards,

Kaylee

Kaylee Rodriguez

Development Manager

Give Kids The World

W: 407-396-1114 ext. 4540

I've only had 1 person from Kings Dominion send me a photo so far. Is there no one at Kings Island, Carowinds, or Dorney that could help with send me photos so we can update from the event? We would really appreciate it!

Here's a few photos so far...

BpnmKtpCEAAa87z.jpg:large

Coasting for Kids group photo @KingsDominionVA! (Team TPR is obviously on the right!)

BpnhXLiCQAANqO_.jpg:large

Coasting For Kids official armband and ride counter!

BpngrgcCAAE4U3s.jpg:large

The Coasting For Kids event benefiting @GKTWVillage is about to blast off @official_wof!

BpneAPqCUAA6eHb.jpg:large

Team TPR Coasting For Kids @GKTWVillage @KingsDominionVA taking a warm up ride on I-305!

Here is the group photo for Valleyfair yesterday. Taken in the exit area of Wild Thing. The top three fundraisers are all Theme Park Review members, though two didn't happen to be on the team. (There wasn't a TPR Team at the time some people joined up)

Due to rain and lightning, our start time on Renegade was delayed, but we basically got an hour on Renegade and Wild Thing, though Wild Thing's time ran into GP time.. except due to rain there was no GP.. plus due to rain, not as many members rode all times around since the pain of rain in the face at +70MPH was kind of a deterrent. But it did make for interesting pictures at the Photo Stop after the ride. Everyone seemed to have a fun time though, and even though they gave us tickets to get Fast Lane for the rest of the day, due to low park attendance it wasn't needed and you could walk on to about any ride without a line. So Fast lane

tickets can be used on a different trip back to the park. I got to ride with one of the girls that had actually been a wish girl at Give

Kids the World Village. She told me how fantastic they treated her and her family and how appreciative she was of the experience.

valleyfair_coasting.jpg.12bfb970fb4cfaeeab6321212fe98690.jpg

I had a great time this year down at Kings Dominion. Thanks Chuck for sending Robb awesome pics of us during the day!

Only thing I noticed was we didn't have a GKTW family there. Though we did run into a family who has a daughter who had leukemia as a younger child and as part of her make a wish worked with GKTW. They thought it was awesome that we were riding for the charity all day long.