TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

I entered my big offline donation from fundraising at my high school's musical just now, bumping my total up $600. With that said, Team TPR should have just passed or is dangerously close to passing $40,000 overall. Incredible work guys!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Nick! I'll donate to you at some point today.

Joey, I didn't see your donation come through. Are you sure that it was submitted? Just making sure because I didn't get an e-mail and I don't see it on my fundraising page.

***Edit: Nick, I just sent $30 your way...

For some reason it didn't go through. Sent it again.

Just sent a $25 donation towards our lone participant at Michigan Adventure! Will have one more donation of $25 to someone, anyone want to match it? I think we have one rider that's below $75 (Brandyn at Valleyfair). Any takers?

Just sent a $25 donation towards our lone participant at Michigan Adventure! Will have one more donation of $25 to someone, anyone want to match it? I think we have one rider that's below $75 (Brandyn at Valleyfair). Any takers?

Brandyn is now at $75!!

-jason

Thank you so much for the support! Also thanks very much to Kerry & Chuck for helping me reach $500! TPR is amazing!

Even though I am making the 330 mile trip on my own, I am looking forward to a great weekend and having a good time at Michigan's Adventure. It's wonderful to be able to raise more awareness for Give Kids the World.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend Coasting for Kids!

Time for more shameless advertising:

My sister and I are currently only $15 away from $200. If we reach that milestone, everybody on Team TPR at Cedar Point would have raised at least $200!!!!

End of shameless advertising

You guys are both at $200 now!

Thank you to those of you that accepted my challenge for today! Just FYI...The Carowinds TPR team is only $35.00 away from our team goal of $1,500. If anyone would like to bump that up...it would be fantastic!! Everybody have fun this weekend. Work is running me into the ground, but I'm looking forward to some air time stress relief this Sunday!!

Thanks again! KerryB

Wow. Just......WOW!!

Simply unbelievable and incredible. The TPR community never ceases to amaze me! I've just finished running our totals again heading into "deadline day", and the results are truly phenomenal!!

As of right now, Team TPR has raised a grand total of.......

$41,199!!!

And there's still even MORE time until the Noon donation deadline tomorrow. At this point, all I can say is that the sky is the limit!! Incredible work by everyone on Team TPR!!

Don't mean to double-post, but we have just ONE HOUR TO GO before the donations deadline!! How are everyone's totals looking? Send out those last minute tweets, Facebook posts, emails, etc. It's not too late to nudge those totals up a bit higher!!

SO PROUD of everyone on Team TPR for their dedication and hard work with this, from Robb and Elissa all the way down to each and every team member! You guys are ALL amazing and Coasting for Kids rock stars!!

I'll try to run another total shortly after the deadline to see where we ended up. But remember, even though the deadline passes and the "official totals" will be run by GKTW, your page should remain open and accept donations up to the actual event (and possibly for a bit afterwards as well).

I was bumped out of first place at Kings Dominion, but that really doesn't make me sad at all! In fact, I am extremely happy that someone else raised so much money for Give Kids The World! Plus, that person really didn't beat my total since I actually donated $1,765 of the money that I raised to other Team TPR participants. So, I actually raised $11,905! We should all be extremely pleased with what we have accomplished over the past few months! The difference that our money will make to the children who will benefit from it means so much more than who raised the most. TPR has nothing to be disappointed about. You are all rock stars!!

-jason

Assuming all the totals have been updated now, Team TPR raised $42,169 for Give Kids The World!

That's AWESOME!!! And it looks like our teams came in first place at most of the parks. Congrats, guys, and have FUN on Sunday!

If you are attending the event on Sunday, please contact me privately to get my phone number if you don't have it already so you can text me photos from the event! I would love to "live tweet" throughout the day from all the different parks, and I can do that by our participants sending us photos!

Thanks again everyone!

--Robb

It's funny. The deadline came and went for Valleyfair yesterday, and I was in third place for money raised. Then this morning someone upped their personal donations enough to go barely ahead of me. So I upped mine to go ahead of her. So she pushed up her donation to go over me again, by $5. Then someone gave me a $5 donation so I tied her. Now she upped her donation again to push her back into third and go ahead of me by $25. I'm not sure how long to play the cat and mouse game to move ahead of her. If anyone else wants to help bump me ahead of her again, feel free. Though I know none of this matters for totals for prizes anymore. (Or isnt' supposed to?) But does help the kids. But I may just bump myself up just to "finish" in third.

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1124587&pg=personal&fr_id=1239

Some people do this event like it's ebay trying to snipe at the last moment to 'win'. It's for charity, everyone wins whether you're in first place or second place just a few dollars behind. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yea, that's a fantastic amount of money raised! I'm glad I was able to participate this year and be a part of this.

Though someone needs to do a sun dance for those of us going to Valleyfair. It's supposed to be cold and thunderstorms all day.. Ride on!

Now that the dust has settled from last minute donations, I went ahead and updated the first page of this thread with each park's Team TPR total. Came in pretty much right where Robb had posted earlier at $42,269!

I will echo the sentiments of others on here and reiterate how AWESOME this total raised for GKTW really is!! You all should be very proud of yourselves!

Thanks again to all of you who participated and supported this wonderful cause! Now, let's do some coasting on Sunday! (or, if at VF, Saturday)

I'm really excited for Sunday at KD!! Can't wait to see some of you there! WAY TO GO, TEAM TPR!!!