TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

I just signed up a friend of mine who will be joining us at Kings Dominion. Her name is Tabatha Carrington. She is currently sitting there all alone and sad at zero dollars. To help get her started, I will make a matching donation to anyone who donates to her page. Any amount at all. Whatever you give to her, I will give right back to you! (Or to anyone else you want me to donate it back to.) Please give Tabatha a 'lil help!

Here is the link to her page: http://support.gktw.org/goto/tabathac

Thanks everyone!

-jason

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just signed up a friend of mine who will be joining us at Kings Dominion. Her name is Tabatha Carrington. She is currently sitting there all alone and sad at zero dollars. To help get her started, I will make a matching donation to anyone who donates to her page. Any amount at all. Whatever you give to her, I will give right back to you! (Or to anyone else you want me to donate it back to.) Please give Tabatha a 'lil help!

Thanks everyone!

-jason

Boom! Just donated to her. Just donate that same amount back to her or who ever else might need it.

Thanks everyone!

-jason

Hey Jason! Just letting you know that Tabatha is all set now to join us in the fun at KD!! I just donated $50 to her page to get her to the $75 minimum to participate!

Can't wait to meet you both in a little over a week!

Thanks everyone!

-jason

Boom! Just donated to her. Just donate that same amount back to her or who ever else might need it.

Thanks so much! We both appreciate your generosity!

Hey Jason! Just letting you know that Tabatha is all set now to join us in the fun at KD!! I just donated $50 to her page to get her to the $75 minimum to participate!

Can't wait to meet you both in a little over a week!

Thanks, Nick! Very much appreciated!

My wife and I couldn't be there this year since the school year got extended but I just donated $25 to Doug on Kings Island's team. TPR is rocking it this year and I'm blown away at how much has been raised and makes me proud to say I'm a Club TPR member, you guys rock!!

Thanks everyone!

-jason

She's now ten bucks closer to her goal.

Happy Friday, Team TPR!! Pretty crazy that we're all heading into the final week of our fundraising efforts already. And kudos to everyone on the work done thus far! I thought it was a fine time to do a little "Friday flashback" of another story from Kara that she posted last year during the Coasting For Kids campaign. I thought this was an awesome example of just one area where you can see how your fundraising/donations truly make a difference! Read on, friends......

Happy Monday TPR'ers! Today I'm going to share with you my most favorite thing that's happening right now at the Village-- villa renovations!

First, for those of you that don't know, the wish families stay in their own private villa for their weeklong vacation. Each villa is two bedroom, two bathroom and the cool thing is it's the kids that get the master bathroom while the parents get the small bathroom. Each villa is truly the family's home for the week and we even put their name on a sign by their driveway. There are two villas per building (think duplex-style) so that if there is a large family we can give them an adjoining villa.

Today we have 140 villas on-site, with 64 more to be added with our expansion plan over the next 10 years. We have about 40 villas that were in our "Phase 1" construction from the late 80s and early 90s. While we have been very diligent in keeping these villas up to code and extremely clean for our special guests with weak immune systems, the Phase 1 villas are an eyesore and in dire need of upgrades.

Over the course of this year, we will always have at least eight villas under renovation at any given time and when it's all said and done we'll have 40 "new" villas by the end of 2013. The team just got done with the first 8, which took them about two months to complete.

I am truthfully more excited about the renovations than I am about the new villas or other major construction projects we have planned. I've posted some photos below, and I think you'll see why! Some may be interested to know we do a "reverse auction" with contractors for all of our construction projects, where vendors out-bid one other on who can do it cheaper. We also do these projects in a piecemeal sort of way, where there are different providers for the roof, electricity, tile, drywall, paint, etc. We are fortunate to have all of the materials heavily discounted, if not donated.

Take a look .

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_1.jpg.3f21defa44624209a4c2a043fee25b5b.jpg

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_2.jpg.b5b5bf6f6415f738da0ed4221567be2e.jpg

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_3.jpg.51d02473f2075b3e9b87a1af668e1363.jpg

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_4.jpg.44af69a38373cb6e46bb7ef8de32b245.jpg

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_5.jpg.c3642925dc309d6d7a6f59fd600b061e.jpg

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_6.jpg.cf45ebbbb5fc0db5a0a893cc5a1a8684.jpg

C4KvillaBeforeAfter_7.jpg.4a061ffbb0d0eaf7fabfe223be3ba88a.jpg

Hey everyone!

So over the last few days we had a private fund raiser with the group of participants going on the Scandi Trip next month! Grona Lund offered that 20 of our participants could go to the top of their 400 foot Starflyer, Eclipse, stand tall above Stockholm and get amazing photos like this:

But how could we narrow down 20 riders out of a trip that has 100? So the idea to do it for charity came up!

Our awesome group raised $4,334 which I think now brings our total Coasting for Kids amount to $25,000 (or at least really close to it!)

UPDATE!!! The awesome people at Grona Lund offered a chance for the participants that got outbid to have another chance, and we ended up raising a total of $6,134! That's AWESOME!!! Thank you everyone!!!

Over the next few days we will be spreading that money out to many of our Coasting For Kids riders who need a bit of help or to teams at parks that need a boost.

I just want to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone on our Scandi Trip who participated to make this possible, and we'll do an awesome photo from the top of the tower with the Coasting For Kids sign!

And THANK YOU TO GRONA LUND for making this happen!!!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

UPDATE!!! The awesome people at Grona Lund offered a chance for the participants that got outbid to have another chance, and we ended up raising a total of $6,134! That's AWESOME!!! Thank you everyone!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Hey everyone!

So over the last few days we had a private fund raiser with the group of participants going on the Scandi Trip next month! Grona Lund offered that 20 of our participants could go to the top of their 400 foot Starflyer, Eclipse, stand tall above Stockholm and get amazing photos like this:

But how could we narrow down 20 riders out of a trip that has 100? So the idea to do it for charity came up!

Our awesome group raised $4,334 which I think now brings our total Coasting for Kids amount to $25,000 (or at least really close to it!)

Over the next few days we will be spreading that money out to many of our Coasting For Kids riders who need a bit of help or to teams at parks that need a boost.

I just want to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone on our Scandi Trip who participated to make this possible, and we'll do an awesome photo from the top of the tower with the Coasting For Kids sign!

And THANK YOU TO GRONA LUND for making this happen!!!

--Robb

WOW!!! Robb, now that I see the details of what you hinted at earlier this week, I am just blown away by the incredible response you got to this! And what a tremendous idea you guys had turning this really cool park opportunity into a fundraiser for the Coasting for Kids cause! Really awesome stuff! Not to mention that extra surprise of Grona Lund opening up for extra bids to make the impact even bigger!

I have to echo a HUGE THANK YOU to Robb and Elissa for the brilliant idea, to the awesome people from Grona Lund who supported it, and the great folks signed up for the Scandi Trip who bid and supported the cause!! You guys ALL rock. For the winners, enjoy the tremendous view and one of a kind experience!

I still need to do a more updated total, but considering where we were before Robb announced this, we are now definitely over $25,000 raised!! And, quite honestly, I think $30,000 is VERY reachable by the end of this last week of fundraising! GO TEAM TPR!!

Just reached $300! I'm so excited for my first year of Coasting For Kids! Can't wait to meet my teammates as well!

thank you so much for your generous donations as well! Go TeamTPR!

Just reached $300! I'm so excited for my first year of Coasting For Kids! Can't wait to meet my teammates as well!

Great job! I just joined this a week ago and I'm trying to be one of the top 3 fundraisers at Valleyfair. We only have until Thursday though since we ride on Saturday.

Great job! I just joined this a week ago and I'm trying to be one of the top 3 fundraisers at Valleyfair. We only have until Thursday though since we ride on Saturday.

well you're already in the top 3! quite impressive for just joining! good luck:)

From the Kara files, here's an awesome quote to keep you all motivated during this final fundraising week! Let's finish this campaign up with a really strong charge to the finish line!! This quote can actually be found inside GKTW itself.....

Fantastic words to live by! This tiled quote can be found at the entrance to our Park of Dreams pool.

C4K_churchill.jpg.47321d8e89600edaa2e955b8a7179d05.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone...you make me so proud to be part of this community.

Also, don't forget that the deadline for donations (from a top fundraiser prize standpoint) is FRIDAY, JUNE 6TH @ NOON (ET)!!! Don't be afraid to post this out there or email it to folks who may have asked for a reminder closer to the event. Often times you'll see a spike of activity towards the end once people see a tangible deadline!

The donations from Robb's awesome Scandi fundraiser are starting to roll in too! I will try to make sure I can post updated totals each night on where we stand as we launch our way towards $30,000 raised!! We CAN do this.....Go Team TPR!!