TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

I just happened to see that the Worlds of Fun schedule has been released. They're including an hour of ERT on Skyhawk, which is pretty much my worst nightmare. I HATE heights! I guess I'll use this as a reason to get my friends to donate more money for the cause!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Dominion just posted their schedule:

Registration time: 11:00 a.m. at the Eiffel Tower

Event time: 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Marathon taking place on: Rebel Yell, Intimidator 305, Dominator, Hurler, Anaconda, Grizzly

**Participants will be split into six groups, with each group rotating among the six coasters

Meal: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Picnic Pavillions

Awards ceremony time and location: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Picnic Pavillions

Regular park operating hours: 10:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Prizes: 1st place - TBD

2nd place - TBD

3rd place - Give Kids The World gift basket

I don't remember if CGA's schedule was posted on here or not, but here it is anyway.

Registration time: 9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.

Event time: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Marathon taking place on: 9:50 a.m. - ERT on Gold Striker

10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Flight Deck and Demon

Meal: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. location TBD

Awards ceremony time and location: 2:30 p.m. location TBD

Demon is rough, but not nearly as bad as last year with Vortex!

^ Yep, CGA's schedule was posted on the first page. And don't feel bad, because we at KD have Anaconda to look forward to!

^^ Thanks for the heads up on KD's schedule being posted, Jeremiah! Only park left to release their itinerary is Carowinds.

Front page is up to date again with the new park itineraries (KD and Worlds of Fun), a link to Adam's page at KI, and updated totals for each park's Team TPR! We continue to steadily make progress with our fundraising!!

Whoo Hoo! Finally got my donations high enough to actually participate this year at Valleyfair, but my two friends Kristen (only $10 off!) and Brittany (Only $30 off!) still need some help getting there if anyone is feeling generous.

Someone else got Kristen to her goal, and I got Brittany to hers! Yay! Two more people who have raised the minimum amount required to participate!

This is exactly what I am looking for. If you know of anyone else (including yourself!) on any TPR team at any park who wants to participate but who has not yet raised the minimum amount required to participate, please let me know!! I have money to set aside to help those people make it to the minimum amount!

-Jason

^My friend Andrew on Kings Island's TPR team could use a little jumpstart on fundraising. It is his first year riding and he is incredibly excited for the event. I am continually inspired by everyone's generosity on this forum!

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1224631&pg=personal&fr_id=1236

^My friend Andrew on Kings Island's TPR team could use a little jumpstart on fundraising. It is his first year riding and he is incredibly excited for the event. I am continually inspired by everyone's generosity on this forum!

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1224631&pg=personal&fr_id=1236

Done! Andrew is now eligible to participate. Have a great time! Ride Banshee once or twice for me!!

-Jason

Jason Tibbetts at King's Island could use some aid, so far I am the only one who has donated to him.

Also just donated 100 dollars to Emily at Canada's Wonderland.

Jason Tibbetts is now at the $75 minimum! I still have quite a bit of money to spread around. Let me know who needs a little lovin'!

-Jason

I am missing out on this event this year due to switching companies/jobs and not having vacation time for a LONG time. However, I wanted to give a shout out to bubala for being such a awesome team player. I am glad I get to call him a good friend.

I will be purchasing a ticket to Kings Island, valid only on Sunday, June 22. If you would like to get your hands on this ticket, kindly make a $25 donation to my page and send me a PM with your address. Free parking may even be thrown into the mix. Please let me know by Friday so I can reserve the ticket. Thanks.