TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shot out 10 dollar donations to Mitchell at Canada's Wonderland, Ross at King's Island, Doug at King's Island, Hector at Valleyfair, Brigitte at Valleyfair, and 11 dollars to Kimberley at Dorney Park.

Thanks! Unfortunately donations will have to wait a few weeks for me, but I'll definitely return the favor.

So excited to be joining for my first year!! Can't wait !!

Just shot out a 10 dollar donation to your page.

Wow!! That means so much!! Thank you!!

I know I have overlooked or simply missed it, but when is the cut off date to raise money??

^ Technically, you can raise money right up to the day of the event (and, if I recall correctly, even for a little while after the event). However, the "cutoff" most people go by is the one that GKTW imposes so they can run final totals to determine who gets the fundraising prizes (band, counter, shirt/Fast Lane), along with determining who the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fundraisers are at each park. In the past couple years, that deadline was set for Noon on the Thursday before the event. Typically they send an email about this around that last week before the event.

We've done some recent traveling, so I haven't had a chance to keep this thread as up-to-date as I like to. Sorry about that, everyone! That said, I went in today and updated the first post a good bit, as there was another great surge of new members to our team! All new members have their individual fundraiser pages linked on the first page now. Team TPR now stands with an impressive roster of 66 participants, which is awesome!! Robb, if I'm looking at the previous years' threads correctly, isn't this the biggest number of riders we've ever had participate in Coasting for Kids??

Also, I've updated the itineraries for each of the parks who have released them, as most of them now contain more detailed marathon info (specific times for specific coasters).

Finally, I went ahead and ran another tally for us.....drum roll, please........Team TPR has now raised $7,449 for GKTW!! Tremendous work by everyone who is fundraising for the cause! Keep it going! GO TEAM TPR!!!

Finally, I went ahead and ran another tally for us.....drum roll, please........Team TPR has now raised $7,449 for GKTW!! Tremendous work by everyone who is fundraising for the cause! Keep it going! GO TEAM TPR!!!

I bet we've raised a little more than that! Maybe it's not all posted yet?

^^thanks for the deadline info. I can't believe that we possible have the biggest year of participants ever!! That is simply amazing!!! Also to add to the excitement we have raised almost $7500!! Incredible!!!!

I bet we've raised a little more than that! Maybe it's not all posted yet?

Okay, wise guy, let me revise my statement then -- Team TPR currently has an officially posted total of $7,449 raised for GKTW!! And we know many others are raising funds that will be posted later! Better?

Oh, beleieve me, I realize that at this point right now there may be somebody (*cough* Jason *cough*) who has wonderfully raised at least that much on their own already.....and that's pretty freaking awesome!!

Hello! So I worked with the musical director from the high school I attended and had her support GKTW as her charity of choice. I contacted someone from the fundraisibg department of GKTW and got approval and supplies to set up a booth and had ushers collect money in little sand buckets. I gave out some lapel pins that I was provided with to those who donated. I managed to collect just under $600 over the course of the eight shows!

Now to preface my question, I intend to obviously ask the person I worked with from GKTW regardless but I just wanted a second opinion as well. Do you think it would be alright to have this $600 go toward my Coasting For Kids fundraising total? Either way, the money is going directly to a great cause. I did do a lot of work to raise the money. My only concern is that the people donating were not donating specifically to support me for CFK, just donating to GKTW in general.I don't want to appear selfish by doing this to put myself in a better position to win a prize for the event (really not a big deal to me at all). At the same time, I'm confident if I add it, others at KI for the event might strive to raise more.

I've been thinking a lot about it and I don't think it's a huge deal either way, just wanted to get an opinion or two. Thanks!

^ Yeah, I don't think it's a big deal. Remember, your C4K page is just another "storefront" so to speak to raise money for Give Kids The World. It's not like having the donation go through you changes it in any way. I can't imagine anyone would be upset by it at all.

Edited by robbalvey

Okay, wise guy, let me revise my statement then -- Team TPR currently has an officially posted total of $7,449 raised for GKTW!! And we know many others are raising funds that will be posted later! Better?

Oh, beleieve me, I realize that at this point right now there may be somebody (*cough* Jason *cough*) who has wonderfully raised at least that much on their own already.....and that's pretty freaking awesome!!

I hope that everyone is experiencing much success with their fundraising efforts. If anyone here needs a little boost to get them up to the fundraising minimum or if anyone knows anyone else who needs that boost, please let me know! I've made it to my goal, so now I've got some funds available to help out some others. You can private message me or just reply here and I will do what I can to help!

-Jason

Well, since today is Cinco de Mayo and all about "5's", I thought about trying something fun. The next 3 people who donate a multiple of 5 to my page will receive a matching donation back from me! (I am able to match a maximum of $20 per donation) Matching donation will go back to the donating person's fundraising page (if they have one) or to the page of a participant of their choice. Here's your chance to make a double impact with a simple donation!!

Offer good through the remainder of Cinco de Mayo! Ole! And gracias to those who donate!! So, who will grab those 3 spots??

^Nick, I just made a donation to your page. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Just donated 15 dollars to your page Nick, happy Cinco De Mayo.

Muchas Gracias!!

I've sent matching donations back to you both! Go Team TPR!!

One spot still up for grabs.....who else wants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo by supporting GKTW??

Just donated 25 dollars to Matthew at Knott's Berry Farm, 15 dollars to Jason Stull at King's Dominion, 10 dollars to Matt at Canada's Wonderland, 10 dollars to Joey at California's Great America and admittedly 10 dollars to my own page.

Okay, TPR teammates, I have updated the first page again......and I have some HUGE news!!!

With another surge of donations this week, after running the latest totals I am beyond proud to say -- that Team TPR has an "officially posted total" (with others still raising money to be posted later.....that line's for Jason ) now of $10,092 raised for GKTW!!!!

Folks, that is AMAZING!!!! Seriously, let that number sink in for a minute and realize the kind of impact you all are contributing towards. This will do so much for GKTW, and the best part is, we still have about a month to let that number grow higher and higher! THIS shows why TPR is such a wonderful collection of people. You should all be proud of what we are doing as Team TPR!

Also, the size of our team continues to grow too. We now are up to 68 riders across the 11 parks. Great stuff.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued support and hard work! Let's keep this wave of momentum rolling along!

I am a little late to the game this year, as I was unsure of where I would be on June 8th. This will be my third year in a row Coasting for Kids at Kings Island. If anyone would like to kick off my fundraising efforts, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a bit of catching up to do.