TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got signed up to participate at Dorney Park this year. Happy to be raising money and being involved in a fun event that goes to a good cause. http://support.gktw.org/goto/supershawn

I finally got around to signing up this afternoon. I also created the WoF team page, so if anyone would like to join, here's the link: support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=1813&pg=team&fr_id=1240

Best of luck to both of you!

I finally got around to signing up this afternoon. I also created the WoF team page, so if anyone would like to join, here's the link: support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=1813&pg=team&fr_id=1240

Thank you, Thad! Glad to have you aboard! Good luck with your fundraising!

Just got signed up to participate at Dorney Park this year. Happy to be raising money and being involved in a fun event that goes to a good cause. http://support.gktw.org/goto/supershawn

Welcome to Team TPR, Shawn! Good luck fundraising, and have fun at Dorney!

All set up for Worlds of Fun. The improvements that have been made to TeamRaiser this week are looking good.

Thanks for joining Team TPR! Welcome and good luck!

I've updated the first page of the thread, and added links to your individual pages, along with the link to the Worlds of Fun Team TPR page.

As an extension to what Timothy said, I also wanted to post that I received an email today from Kaylee at GKTW (in fact, I'm guessing that everyone who is signed up received it) stating that they're working on the interface for our fundraising pages through TeamRaiser. In the meantime, you may see some things happening to your page, but I would wait a few days until they iron out what they're working on. For instance, right now, a good portion of the individual fundraising pages have all the text that you may have entered to customize it wiped out. My guess is they're working on porting over some stuff. As Kaylee stated, just be patient while they hopefully give the site an upgrade. Thanks!

Coastingforkids_logos_MAIN-01.thumb.jpg.eb9f10abc804f1b89e06872d250ed197.jpgThanks for sharing my email, Robb!

Hi Team TPR! My name is Kaylee, and I'm your new go-to person for all things related to Coasting For Kids! I hope you will all join us for the 6th Annual C4K event, and help show Cedar Fair and the nation the impact that coaster fanatics can have on the lives of the tough little kiddos we serve here at the Village.

If you haven't seen then Coasting For Kids video (which Robb posted as well), check it out here:

To register for Coasting For Kids or make a donation to a friend: http://www.coastingforkids.org

For those of you who have been struggling to navigate our new fundraising platform - THANK YOU for being so patient. We are working with the software developers to fix those kooky issues, and you should be seeing some changes shortly, if not already.

If anyone has questions about the Village or Coasting For Kids, please let me know. You can post them here, and I will try to keep up with you all, or you can email me at KayleeR@gktw.org.

Thank you, again, for supporting Give Kids The World! Good luck, and happy coasting!

Kaylee Rodriguez

Development Manager, Amusements

KayleeR@gktw.org

Hi Kaylee! Thanks so much for posting in here, and thanks for taking over the reigns on this amazing fundraising event!

We here at TPR are hoping to make another huge impact for the fine people at GKTW, as you continually strive to help better the lives of these wonderful children that you serve!

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

I'm looking forward to my 5th year and 6th event very much but I can't help but find the new 2 cycles and take a break policy a tad silly. I understand its Cedar Fair's house and they make the rules but I have yet to see or hear of anyone getting the slightest bit sick at any of the events. I know KI has had this arrangement for the past events but I personally fail to see the need.

Cedar Point as everyone knows rarely allows rerides for the gp but this seems like they're really doubling down on this policy. I just think its going to put a bit of a damper on the event for those of us that try to get in the maximum number of cycles. Maybe this year I'll make a point of getting a ride in every seat.

I just think its going to put a bit of a damper on the event for those of us that try to get in the maximum number of cycles.

While it's fun to marathon the rides, the real reason for the event is to raise money for this great charity. You're still going to get a ton of rides in, regardless of their re-ride policy.

I just think its going to put a bit of a damper on the event for those of us that try to get in the maximum number of cycles.

While it's fun to marathon the rides, the real reason for the event is to raise money for this great charity. You're still going to get a ton of rides in, regardless of their re-ride policy.

THIS! If you're doing the event just to click the lap counter button, you're doing it for the wrong reason. And I will echo what Thad said, you will STILL GET TONS OF RIDES IN!!!!

If you really think it's going to put a damper on things, I would rather have you not participate than to have someone participate and complain about it all day. Just drop out of the event and the rest of us will pick up your slack as far as donations go.

--Robb "Just being honest..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^ Perfectly said Robb, and I couldn't agree more, to be honest. This is all about supporting GKTW and helping out the kids they so graciously serve. Everything from a riding perspective is just a bonus. I do try to certainly ride as much as I can in honor of the cause, but I'll happily get up every 2 laps if asked to do so.

My only hope (more from a humanity standpoint) is that some of the public didn't actually complain during previous Coasting For Kids events. I know at Dorney it was fairly obvious what was going on (banners, etc.), and there was also a park rep. who explained to people in line what was happening. After hearing about an event raising money for children with life-threatening illnesses, how anyone could possibly complain is beyond my comprehension! But I digress.....

Well, as we head into the heart of April, it appears that we are picking up some serious fundraising steam now! I just ran a total as of 4 pm, and we now are up to 46 riders across the 11 parks (technically 10, as we still don't have a Valleyfair Team TPR), and as a whole Team TPR has raised $4,206 thus far! Great job, everyone!! Keep the momentum going, and rack those minds for ways to rustle up as many donations as possible! Go Team TPR!!

Also, Canada's Wonderland has posted their event info! The first post of the thread has been updated with that, along with the individual links to some new Team TPR members!

^ Perfectly said Robb, and I couldn't agree more, to be honest. This is all about supporting GKTW and helping out the kids they so graciously serve. Everything from a riding perspective is just a bonus. I do try to certainly ride as much as I can in honor of the cause, but I'll happily get up every 2 laps if asked to do so.

My only hope (more from a humanity standpoint) is that some of the public didn't actually complain during previous Coasting For Kids events. I know at Dorney it was fairly obvious what was going on (banners, etc.), and there was also a park rep. who explained to people in line what was happening. After hearing about an event raising money for children with life-threatening illnesses, how anyone could possibly complain is beyond my comprehension! But I digress.....

Well, as we head into the heart of April, it appears that we are picking up some serious fundraising steam now! I just ran a total as of 4 pm, and we now are up to 46 riders across the 11 parks (technically 10, as we still don't have a Valleyfair Team TPR), and as a whole Team TPR has raised $4,206 thus far! Great job, everyone!! Keep the momentum going, and rack those minds for ways to rustle up as many donations as possible! Go Team TPR!!

Also, Canada's Wonderland has posted their event info! The first post of the thread has been updated with that, along with the individual links to some new Team TPR members!

I don't recall hearing any complaints from guests at Kings Dominion in previous years. Essentially, all we were doing was filling empty seats, anyway.

And, yes, it's not about the laps--it's about the kids.

I have to say this is the coolest thing ever for a fundraiser event. Deffinitely not in good enough shape to marathon either those rides as the high gs on the first drop and loop as well as the dip after into the turn or the head banging on demon would take me out quick. Even though I have yet to ride goldrusher I bet the ert will rock.

THIS! If you're doing the event just to click the lap counter button, you're doing it for the wrong reason. And I will echo what Thad said, you will STILL GET TONS OF RIDES IN!!!!

If you really think it's going to put a damper on things, I would rather have you not participate than to have someone participate and complain about it all day. Just drop out of the event and the rest of us will pick up your slack as far as donations go.

--Robb "Just being honest..." Alvey

Now I apologize if I came off as a whiner or that I care more about the riding than raising money for the kids. I can assure everyone that is NOT the case. And there has never nor will there ever be a complaint out of me about a park policy during a event, doubly so while I am representing this board or any club. I make a serious effort to raise as much as possible for the kids every year and I look at the event as a challenge to do as much as possible for the charity. Matter of fact, Robb I was wondering if you needed more Geauga Crap to help boost donations again?

I've told many people that I try to stay on the ride as long as possible for the sake of showing commitment to the charity. My opinion of the matter is that the kids we are fundraising for live with daily discomfort more often than not and I want to show that I can put up with some discomfort if only for a few hours while I help raise awareness. Often, I get more donations by promising people I'll torture myself by staying on the ride the whole day. To be quite honest even with the dramamine I get a tad queasy after 50-60 cycles.

Instead of saying the new policy will detract from the event it seems I should have said it will be a unneeded minor inconvenience. As always I look forward to the event and all the good it does.

Hello everyone. My boyfriend (Michael) and I signed up for our first Coasting for Kids with Dorney Park a few weeks ago. We just haven't had a chance to start our fundraising yet, but I promise we'll get to it soon.

Thank you Dustin for starting me off!

I'm very excited to be raising money for such a worthy cause while doing something that I love. It's a win-win. Also looking forward to meeting other TPR members at my first event.