TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2014 - Be part of Team TPR!!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they keep on holding it on a sunday!? I can never go in a Sunday but if they would hold it on ANY OTHER DAY then I can attend! But they chose the one day of the week that I can NEVER be there for! I'm writing a letter to complain this is ridiculus can they quit holding it on Sunday! They did it last year, and now this year, and it's making me mad because its sounds like an amazing event and I really want to attend and also help raise money but what problem do they have holding it the next day or the day before? Cuz i'll be able to attend it on those days!!!

Edited by CPSFMMCW

Why do they keep on holding it on a sunday!? I can never go in a Sunday but if they would hold it on ANY OTHER DAY then I can attend! But they chose the one day of the week that I can NEVER be there for! I'm writing a letter to complain this is ridiculus can they quit holding it on Sunday! They did it last year, and now this year, and it's making me mad because its sounds like an amazing event and I really want to attend and also help raise money but what problem do they have holding it the next day or the day before? Cuz i'll be able to attend it on those days!!!

**Coasting For Kids at Valleyfair is scheduled for Saturday, June 7*

Hey there, Coasting for Kids riders! Robb and Elissa have asked me to help coordinate this year's Team TPR efforts, and I'm more than happy to do so! I have updated the first post and organized it into our "official" information page for Coasting For Kids 2014! Take a look at it....you will find info on our teams, the parks, and instructions on how to create your own signature banner once you've signed up. Please note, the event details for the parks (the ones that have announced them so far) are coming very soon as I update the page further.

Let's make this year's Coasting For Kids the best one yet for Team TPR!!

Last year Kings Coasting for Kids made a series of promotional videos during the 2013 event. Several of these feature TPR members and give you an idea of what inspires people and what the event is like.

California's Great America

Canada's Wonderland

Carowinds

Cedar Point

Kings Dominion

^ Thanks for posting those videos, Nicole! That's a good look at why we participate in this fantastic event, and shows the kind of fun people can expect at Coasting for Kids!! (especially with Team TPR!)

(Btw, I sent you a PM about some Team TPR related items)

Edited by PhantomNick

Hey there, Coasting for Kids riders! Robb and Elissa have asked me to help coordinate this year's Team TPR efforts, and I'm more than happy to do so! I have updated the first post and organized it into our "official" information page for Coasting For Kids 2014! Take a look at it....you will find info on our teams, the parks, and instructions on how to create your own signature banner once you've signed up. Please note, the event details for the parks (the ones that have announced them so far) are coming very soon as I update the page further.

Let's make this year's Coasting For Kids the best one yet for Team TPR!!

Thanks Nick! The first post looks great!

Myself and a few friends want to do it for CW, and be part of Team TPR, do we need permission for you guys to join the Team? And do my friends need TPR accounts orrrr?

No permission needed, just join the team!

They don't need accounts, but it might be helpful as when this thread gets busier, they could get help with donations that way.

I updated the first page with event details for Cedar Point, Dorney Park, and Kings Island.

Some Team TPR Pages still need created!!

This year we need to rely on the team members to actually setup the Team TPR at each park. Right now, only 5 of the 11 parks have a Team TPR Page. We still need Team TPR pages for the following parks:

California's Great America

Carowinds

Cedar Point

Knott's

Valleyfair

Worlds of Fun

For any of you who are registering at any of the above parks, can you PLEASE help us by setting up a Team TPR Page? It would be most appreciated! And if you do, I think Nicole has a great "template" (for the Kings Dominion one - http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=1548&pg=team&fr_id=1235) that each Team should be using for their page. It's simple and very effective. We just think it's important to have some consistency among the TPR teams who are united in support of this wonderful cause!!

I've always wanted to do this. But, my parents won't Maybe next year when I get a job and a car

You guys have done a great job putting this topic together. Can't wait to see the amount of money you guys have raised I'm really glad Cedar Fair puts this event on. Nothing better than helping out.

Curse you Mother Nature, I would love to be able to do this again but thanks to the record number of snow days our kids are in school until the 12th now so June 8th is going to be a school night and with the events not wrapping up until 11 pm we wouldn't get back to Louisville until 1 am or so.... I hate winter!

I had to dig up these 2 videos that can be found on the Give Kids The World YouTube channel. I'm pretty sure at least one of these was brought to our attention last year by Kara. These 2 videos show exactly why we do this. THIS is the reason TPR fully supports Coasting for Kids and the marvelous efforts of GKTW. Once I found them, I watched them again......and they still make me tear up. Please support Team TPR - donate, join a team, and spread the word of this wonderful event and cause!! And if you have a fundraising page, might I suggest sharing one (or both!) of these videos with family and friends.....by email, Facebook, whatever. Show your potential donors what they are supporting!

Just set up Team TPR for CGA! Hopefully we can beat last years fundraising!

support.gktw.org/goto/CGATeamTPR

Thank you both for helping out and setting up those team pages! Only 4 parks left now - Cedar Point, Knott's, Valleyfair, and Worlds of Fun.

Also, the front page is updated with event details for all the parks that have released them so far (6 of the 11 have released their details).

Annnnd, I have finally setup my personal fundraising page - http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1020149&pg=personal&fr_id=1235

I'm hoping to have an even bigger fundraising year this time around. Go Team TPR!!