TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World are Robb & Elissa??? 2014 Edition!

Well, the Super Target in Indio might mean they are going to India. If they're flying Delta there are no non-stops, but most connections seem to be through Amsterdam. My guess is that they are taking 1892 to Detroit, where they will take Delta 619 to Amsterdam and then Delta 50 to Mumbai (or they could take Delta 98 to Paris and change to Air France 218 to Mumbai).

That picture is definitely Detroit's airport, so it looks like I might've been right with flight 1892. Now the question is whether they'll take Delta flight 619 to Amsterdam and then if they'll go from there to Mumbai (Delta flight 50) or Hong Kong (China Southern Air 308).

I'm thinking that the Adventuredome picture could refer to the world's largest aquarium dome at Ocean City in Hong Kong.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where we are going, we might need a few more flushes!

That's starting to sound like another Sochi hint with all the reports of no running water, toilets that won't accept toilet paper, double toilets, and the famous "no fishing" toilet signs.

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with India, because of the cows on the machine. Resized to be smaller:

resized.jpg.85c84507229b4665b5f6c04bfb2f4757.jpg

So I looked up flights out of Detroit, and what came up was Flight Air India, number 8646, outbound to Frankfurt, Germany. Rob posted the boarding photo at 6:46.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=335292706&airline=AI&flightNumber=8646&departureDate=2014-02-13

Coincidence? Probably. But I'd like to think I'm on to something.

EDIT: Probably wrong due to the blue back seats on the photo below. Oh well!

Edited by philphan25

OK if the prior poster are correct and they are going to Frankfurt right now, which seems reasonable, then the next stop after that is Istanbul, Turkey followed by Sochi. Not just for the olympics though; they are building a theme park there slated for opening in May or June. If that's the case, Robb and Elissa could very well make this a "working" trip to make it tax deductible, whether they do some advertising for them or ride testing or some other type of consulting work. They then get to take in the Olympics as well, all while writing the entire trip off! Genius!

Here's a link to the Sochi park: http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/2604/Why_Sochi_is_about_more_than_just_the_Olympics.html

You are going to Hong Kong, and then to Ocean Kingdom.

Why? Delta Airlines has a flight from Detroit to Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is just a 1 hour ferry ride to Zhuhai, where the new Ocean Kingom park is.

The machine had the chinese currency symbol on it.

Who wouldn't want to ride the new B&M coaster and make the first official good quality POV, right?

Edited by Mrenata

Based on what I have seen/read so far...

* Drive from Orlando on Rt. 4 to Tampa Airport (Flight of Fantasy Museum on the way) on flight to Vegas

* Departure board shows you are at McCarran Airport in Vegas after rocking rock El Loco - but you are waiting for your flight to Detroit Metro (on time).

* Photos show the frozen tundra of the Great Lakes region and perhaps (frozen/cracked) ice on Lake Michigan before landing at Wayne County Airport in Detroit.

* McDonalds at Detroit Metro is located in the McNamara terminal.

* Air France and Delta are located in this terminal and both have international flights.

* Julia Stiles was in Bourne Ultimatum of which some of the film was shot in Tangier.

* You can get typhoid (or diarrhea) from drinking the water in this country.

* Seat photo looks like Delta and they look to have flights to....

My final guess....Casablanca, MOROCCO!!!!

That is a Delta plane due to the seat-back pocket space shape, and considering most Delta flights in the United States have WiFi and in flight power plugs, it would be hard to specify what kind of plane they are on or where they are going. HOWEVER, they are not on the Lufthansa (Air India code-share) flight going to Frankfurt, as Lufthansa planes have different seats.

I would also like to point out the recurring motif of "going west" in the pictures. In most pictures, there is a arrow or object pointing west (such as the cow on the toy machine or arrow in the airport, plus the stationary plane was facing West) and also Las Vegas and the Target are on the West coast. Coincidentally, the plane that they are boarding in Robb's picture a few minutes ago has daylight coming in, which would be impossible if they were on the East Coast (unless the photo was taken probably 40+ minutes before posting). Maybe the Detroit picture was a reference to Delta's hub there, meaning they were for sure on Delta?

Who knows! I may be looking to much into this!

Based on what I have seen/read so far...

* Drive from Orlando on Rt. 4 to Tampa Airport (Flight of Fantasy Museum on the way) on flight to Vegas

* Departure board shows you are at McCarran Airport in Vegas after rocking rock El Loco - but you are waiting for your flight to Detroit Metro (on time).

* Photos show the frozen tundra of the Great Lakes region and perhaps (frozen/cracked) ice on Lake Michigan before landing at Wayne County Airport in Detroit.

* McDonalds at Detroit Metro is located in the McNamara terminal.

* Air France and Delta are located in this terminal and both have international flights.

* Julia Stiles was in Bourne Ultimatum of which some of the film was shot in Tangier.

* You can get typhoid (or diarrhea) from drinking the water in this country.

* Seat photo looks like Delta and they look to have flights to....

My final guess....Casablanca, MOROCCO!!!!

Departure boards at mccarran do not look anything like this.... I work there

Also, Julia Stiles middle name is O'hara. O'hara > O'hare Airport. Also, she was in Chicago Hope

BUT

She was also on a movie called Before Women Had Wings > Wings > New B&M coaster in China, so I'm sticking with Ocean Kingdom