TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wet'n'Wild Orlando to add Aqua Drag Racer for 2014

For all you Florida people!

The park will make an awesome addition in 2014 in form of a Proslide Kraken Racer, and it will replace the Bubba Tub slide.

os-wet-n-wild-aqua-drag-racer-slide-20140210-001.jpg.49515ba2f397a0fc571c08996a6af62c.jpg

Wet 'n Wild water park is adding a four-lane racing ride, the International Drive attraction announced Tuesday.

The new mat slide will be called Aqua Drag Racer, and it's scheduled to debut this summer. It will replace the Bubba Tub, a family tube ride adjacent to the park's Surf Lagoon.

"The new Aqua Drag Racer will pull guests into a high-speed thrill ride unlike any other around," said Michael Black, general manager and senior vice president of Wet 'n Wild.

The beginning of the ride, six stories tall, will be enclosed, with chutes twisted around each other. Then riders, traveling head first, will be ejected into the open-air portion of the slide. Guests will be traveling 15 feet per second, Wet 'n Wild said.

The finale is painted with the black-and-white checkered-flag motif.

There will also be a time clock to enhance the racing theme.

The ride is a model of ProSlide Technology Inc.

Source

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems really odd to me. One of the MAJOR marketing features of this park is "Ride Together" - More rides that you can ride together with friends and family than any other water park. Now they're taking one of those out to put in a four lane racer? Small capacity, individual ride. Interesting.

I was pretty happy to hear the park would be getting another water slide, but I didn't know they'd be replacing another instead. I haven't been on a KrakenRacer, nor to Wet n' Wild, so I hope the replacement justifies it enough to not cause complaints.

This seems really odd to me. One of the MAJOR marketing features of this park is "Ride Together" - More rides that you can ride together with friends and family than any other water park. Now they're taking one of those out to put in a four lane racer? Small capacity, individual ride. Interesting.

I find racers like these can cater quite well to friends and family. I love going on these with some friends and racing them down (although typically one slide is typically faster than the others). Capacity shouldn't suffer too much either as onloading and offloading on these racers is quite quick while I've noticed it can take a bit more time on slides with large rafts.

Umm...aren't they getting rid of Wet and Wild? And umm...isn't this a downgrade from what was already there? Confused on this one.

I don't know if I would call it a "downgrade" from Bubba Tub (I think that slide was pretty old).

I find racers like these can cater quite well to friends and family. I love going on these with some friends and racing them down (although typically one slide is typically faster than the others).

Completely agree! It's such a shame that there are so many different and awesome mat racers now, but parks usually only install one type.

Bubba Tub was a water slide that looked like it couldn't possibly be any good--yet it had airtime and was great.

RIP, Bubba.

Awww man. I loved the Bubba Tub. That thing had some serious scary airtime on it. While it looks good, we are going back to basically an updated version of the original racer slides before Bubba Tub, The Kamikaze.

• 3 months later...