TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You up to date?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No iPhone

No iPad

No tablet (although I've been considering getting one that comes with MS Office)

I do have a fourth generation iPod touch

A Samsung Sunburst (no data plan)

A Samsung RV511 (which I love)

And my TV is a twenty-something inch Sharp eight year old hand-me-down

So yeah, I'm not really up to date. I don't even have a Blu-Ray player

Do you have the newest iPhone

Nope

Newest Ipod

Nope

The Ipad Air?

Nope

Newest Tablet?

Nope

Or just an old flip phone?

Nope

Do you have a new 55' Flat screen or a 30" Box?

Nope

Are You up to date?

Apparently not. I have always been relatively frugal. We did go on a binge for a few years but curbed that and are back to being smart with how we spend. We pretty much live like this thread describes and it's amazing how much money that can free up. Right now we're focused on getting 100% debt free so no new electronics for us in the near future unless someone breaks something.

By reading the title of this thread I thought you were asking the members on the site if they were up to date You

So I wasn't the only one who thought that, hahaha!

And no I'm not up to date. I won't even go into it.

BTW, I hope nobody takes my post above as condescending. I was hoping to strike motivation in people younger than me. If I had started saving 10% a month when I started getting paid to work at 16, I could completely retire in the next 5 years. But no, I wanted 'stuff' and now I'm playing catchup.

I'm really not up to date, all my stuff is like 3-4 years old, but it's fine like this. If they still work, why throw them away and buy something else ? Of course my laptop is starting to be old and is not very powerful, but it still works fine for what I do with it so I won't change it until I have a good reason or it completely brakes and stop working.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I'm taken.

Do you have the newest iPhone

Newest Ipod

The Ipad Air?

Newest Tablet?

No, no, no, no, surprisingly no, and no.

iPhone 4 with iOS 6

iPod Classic 160gb

iPad (3rd generation)

Had my last flip phone from 2006-2012 (!)

Flatscreen

No, I don't seem to be up to date at all, especially given my age.

The thing is when I have some money on my hands I'm incapable of spending it on something other than roller coaster trips!

And I don't care that much either although if I were given an Iphone I would gladly accept it.

I am a little bit up to date, picked up an iPhone 5S through a work deal as it was going to cost me just as much as keeping the old one (and I was able to sell the old one secondhand). And I did pick up an iPad Air, but that was a trade up from the first generation model.

Normally I'm pretty utilitarian with electronics. My computer is almost 4 years old, with a an even older monitor. I'm still using the first DSLR camera I bought, and don't own any gaming consoles.

Phone - Droid X2. Not the latest model but better than my old flip.

Tablet - two knockoffs running Android. One running Honeycomb and the other running ICS. Both aren't that great.

Mp3 - I have two. Both branded (Philips and Sandisk). Both are 2010 and 2008. No iPods. My phone also acts as a music device.

TV - not sure how big but we have two large screen plasma HD TVs. Old DVD player and a buried VCR. We had a TV from the 80s for a while before it broke and we upgraded.

PC wise we have laptops. All at least 2-3 years old.

No recent game consoles. Would like to pick one up though.

Do you have the newest iPhone?

No, and don't care to. I just got my current one (iPhone 4s) a few months ago. Flip phone before that.

Newest Ipod

Nope... I still have the original iPod Touch I use in my car only for music.

The Ipad Air?

Nope... Don't even know what that is to be honest!

Newest Tablet?

Nope... No tablet at all.

Used to just until a few months ago.

Nope...

Most of my spending money goes into my photography gear, traveling, etc...

Apple products? I wish.

I do say I'm quite up-to-date though. A couple weeks ago I got a new Lenovo G505s laptop that runs Windows 8 and has a 1TB hard drive, 8GB of ram, a quad core processor and dual graphics. It's a monster. And I got a Nokia Lumia 1520 two days ago, and now I can sync all my stuff together! Yay! I need that so I can write calendar events in my phone and have them synced to save on my computer.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze and at two IPod's over five years old. In fact, one of them is the original IPod video which is about eight or nine years old. The only thing up to date is the flat screen in my room.