TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where are Zippers?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Strange, unique and terrifying! Seriously, The Zipper is one of the most messed up rides to me. I still ride them at the fair every time I see one, and the operators will usually start the car flipping before the cycle even starts!

I highly suggest visiting Ocean City. There are some credits (all are terrible) but there's plenty of non coaster related things to do there and you won't regret visiting. If you go, don't miss the Haunted House on the boardwalk, Ocean Gallery, Thrasher's French Fries, Kohr Bros frozen custard or Playland Arcade (they have a ton of insanely old games).

Also, I'm not sure of your age or if you're into the bar scene but I HIGHLY recommend Seacrets. It's like the Disney World of alcohol.

I highly suggest visiting Ocean City. There are some credits (all are terrible) but there's plenty of non coaster related things to do there and you won't regret visiting. If you go, don't miss the Haunted House on the boardwalk, Ocean Gallery, Thrasher's French Fries, Kohr Bros frozen custard or Playland Arcade (they have a ton of insanely old games).

Also, I'm not sure of your age or if you're into the bar scene but I HIGHLY recommend Seacrets. It's like the Disney World of alcohol.

The Haunted House and the two Bill Tracey walk throughs are reason enough to visit Trimper's.

I am HUGE Zipper enthusiast! I ride them whenever I can but its hard because most of my friends do not like them and they required two people.

To jump on the Ocean City, MD bandwagon. I live in MD and have been going to OC since I was about 5. Its done nothing but go downhill. Only go to go to Trimpers and both Jolly Roger locations to get the credit. Than to enjoy the beach and beach life go to Rehoboth. Such a better location. The people there are not ghetto. Also there is a ride through haunted house at Rehoboth too that is pretty good.

I didn't want to hijack an Ocean City thread by professing my love for Rehoboth Beach but since alilstronger opened that can of worms... he speaks the truth.

If you want a fast paced boardwalk with a younger party atmosphere Ocean City is great, I love Ocean City. But if you want to spend the majority of your time relaxing at the beach and walking around in a super clean / super affordable and really laid back town that caters to families then I couldn't possibly recommend Rehoboth enough. Our family has vacationed in Rehoboth every year since I was born (and my avatar is actually the Paratrooper in Rehoboth Beach).

What I suggest (if you can swing it) is visiting Rehoboth for a few days (at least) and making a day trip to Ocean City (especially if it's not a great beach day). My only tip for Rehoboth beach is to make sure you don't exceed the speed limit (even by a few miles per hour) and never try to beat a traffic light. The police in Dewey / Rehoboth and Lewes are ridiculously strict about traffic laws.

I didn't want to hijack an Ocean City thread by professing my love for Rehoboth Beach but since alilstronger opened that can of worms... he speaks the truth.

If you want a fast paced boardwalk with a younger party atmosphere Ocean City is great, I love Ocean City. But if you want to spend the majority of your time relaxing at the beach and walking around in a super clean / super affordable and really laid back town that caters to families then I couldn't possibly recommend Rehoboth enough. Our family has vacationed in Rehoboth every year since I was born (and my avatar is actually the Paratrooper in Rehoboth Beach).

What I suggest (if you can swing it) is visiting Rehoboth for a few days (at least) and making a day trip to Ocean City (especially if it's not a great beach day). My only tip for Rehoboth beach is to make sure you don't exceed the speed limit (even by a few miles per hour) and never try to beat a traffic light. The police in Dewey / Rehoboth and Lewes are ridiculously strict about traffic laws.

I am glad someone agrees. I feel like Seacrets makes Ocean City seem so trashy. Its nothing but drunks at night on the boardwalk and on the bus system. The boardwalk at night in Ocean City can be scary, I won't go on there alone.

Rehoboth one of the best Paratroopers because you feel like you are going to hit many things. Also they have the best pirate ship.

^You're not alone. Haven't been to OC in nine years, and it seemed like every trip my family and I would take up there, got worse.

And as for Zippers, our county fair used to have one every year up till five years ago. I wish there were more parks who owned these rides, especially the smaller parks.