TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gerstlauer Launched Coaster for new Outlet Mall in New York

Erwin Heider, the head of the electrical and control engineering of Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, confirmed in an interview on the german radio station "Bayern 1" (Bavaria 1) that they are currently working on a new project for a new outlet mall near New York. The indoor coaster will be 1000 m (3,280 ft) long! The customer will invest a total amount of 15 mil. € (approx. 20.4 mio. $)

Here is the link to the interview (for all the german speaking guys):

www.br.de

This project maybe belongs to the outlet and ferris wheel project on staten island, in this case, the coaster will be built in the Empire Outlet!

NEWS: World's Tallest Ferris Wheel coming to Staten Isla

Does anyone know more about a new outlet mall project near New York?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erwin Heider, the head of the electrical and control engineering of Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, confirmed in an interview on the german radio station "Bayern 1" (Bavaria 1) that they are currently working on a new project for a new outlet mall near New York. The indoor coaster will be 1000 m (3,280 ft) long! The customer will invest a total amount of 15 mil. € (approx. 20.4 mio. $)

Here is the link to the interview (for all the german speaking guys):

www.br.de

This project maybe belongs to the outlet and ferris wheel project on staten island, in this case, the coaster will be built in the Empire Outlet!

NEWS: World's Tallest Ferris Wheel coming to Staten Isla

Does anyone know more about a new outlet mall project near New York?

I don't this will be going into the Staten Island project. I don't think that outlet mall will be large enough to hold a coaster. I'll keep on the lookout and ask around.

Is this possibly related to the American Dream mall in the works for upper NJ?

That's my thinking, as something may by getting lost in translation. But I'm trying to find a link to another potential indoor complex in the NYC area that was mentioned a few months ago.

Edited by larrygator

^I think we need an answer to our first question before we start talking about anything else. IIRC, The American Dream project is still stuck waiting for approvals AND being sued by the Jets and Giants?

^I think we need an answer to our first question before we start talking about anything else. IIRC, The American Dream project is still stuck waiting for approvals AND being sued by the Jets and Giants?

Yup, in the end I expect some type of resolution whereby certain aspects of American Dream will be closed for certain hours on the sixteen NFL game days. Traffic really is a mess in that area on game days and I would expect that most people in the know would what to avoid the game day traffic also by not visiting American Dream on said days.