TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Layout

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack would be a fun re do, but I still want to see RMC pay tribute to that layout on that site.

RMC could probably make a good tribute to the ride (t-rex track maybe) but I think Mack would be a better fit for a remake personally. I just don't think it's something B&M or Intamin could do justice to if that makes any sense.

I think that the Zamperla Volare has one of the worst layouts for a flying coaster! They could have done so much more instead of having multiple turns and only two heartline rolls (which are the only good thing about the coaster!). But, they could have designed it much better to possibly include a loop which would be quite amazing. Maybe if Zamperla were to redevelop their Volare coaster, they could add a loop and have variant track layouts which are quite unique and not so cloned and repetitive!

I am very clearly in a minority of people who liked DF and who likes current standing Arrows.

You are not alone friend, although I never rode DF I am a big fan of Arrow coasters. I view them as living pieces of coaster history.

The less Arrow coasters there are, the more I appreciate them. It also doesn't hurt that many of the truly terrible ones have been removed and we're left with a pretty decent collection of rides.

Every Arrow Suspended is a great coaster (I'm even becoming fond of Iron Dragon though the others are all much better), I don't have an issue with the mine trains and never have, other than Desperado the larger non loopers are all good rides (Gemeni and Magnum, I can't speak for Excaliber but it's probably not long for this world) and the looper collection we have left is mostly decent. There are exceptions like Dragon Fire at Canada's Wonderland, Vortex, Ninja and Anaconda but the smaller loopers are generally decent and the best of the larger Arrow Loopers are still running (Loch Ness Monster, Tennessee Tornado and Viper). So I think it's a combination of the nostalgia factor and the truly terrible rides being slowly weeded out while the good ones usually stick around (except BBW unfortunately).

I didn't mention X2 but people generally enjoy that ride too (though I think it's a huge piece of crap).

I am very clearly in a minority of people who liked DF and who likes current standing Arrows.

You are not alone friend, although I never rode DF I am a big fan of Arrow coasters. I view them as living pieces of coaster history.

The less Arrow coasters there are, the more I appreciate them. It also doesn't hurt that many of the truly terrible ones have been removed and we're left with a pretty decent collection of rides.

Every Arrow Suspended is a great coaster, I don't have an issue with the mine trains and never have, other than Desperado the larger non loopers are all good rides (Gemeni and Magnum, I can't speak for Excaliber but it's probably not long for this world) and the looper collection we have left is mostly decent. There are exceptions like Dragon Fire at Canada's Wonderland, Vortex, Ninja and Anaconda but the smaller loopers are generally decent and the best of the larger Arrow Loopers are still running (Loch Ness Monster, Tennessee Tornado and Viper). So I think it's a combination of the nostalgia factor and the truly terrible rides being slowly weeded out while the good ones usually stick around (except BBW unfortunately).

I didn't mention X2 but people generally enjoy that ride too (though I think it's a huge piece of crap).

Arrow's coasters are just amazing! I appreciate and greatly enjoy them for what they are! I've greatly enjoyed all the ones that I've been on! It's a shame that they had gone defunct but luckily we're left with a pretty nice collection as Coasterbill has eluded to!

While not a real roller coaster, I thought this would be of good note:

I used to have a game for MS-DOS entitled "Coaster", in which you design a coaster and ride it.

There is a group of "critics", each with their own preferences on a ride (ex: one guy likes airtime, another guy likes speed, etc.) and they rate your coaster.

One time, my younger brother tried to have them give the coaster a "zero" rating, so he simply made the layout an oval and called it "Zeroman". Despite being the worst coaster layout, they still gave my brother a 23 rating (out of 100)!

I think it's been mentioned on his thread before, but IMO The Beast at Kings Island does not have a very good layout at all. I understand that it has cult status in the enthusiast world, but I feel that the design and layout would be laughed at if it was being built today. There are too many straight aways that don't do anything. The double helix after the second lift is great, but after that you have the looooooong straight, crawl back to the station along the lift hill. Why not put in some bunny hops along the way?