TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Layout

In this thread, you share what coaster layout you think is the "worst". This includes a part (or parts) of a coaster's layout, coasters that are now gone, coasters with a previous layout that has now changed, and you can also say coasters that you haven't ridden. A bad layout can be boring, unoriginal throughout the whole ride, slow throughout it, and/or painful. Your list of coasters can be like my list below or you can just say the coaster and say why you dislike the layout.

Ridden:

Manhattan Express- Sure, the ride goes around a hotel, but the spaghetti bowl part of the ride turns the name "Manhattan Express" to "Going around Manhattan and then being stuck in a place like Times Square" and the ride is at its worst neckbanging from that point on.

Not Ridden:

Goudurix- After all I saw of Goudurix, it doesn't look like a smooth layout for a coaster at all.

Anaconda (Walygator Parc)- Instead of a regular wooden coaster, the way that this ride goes through its layout looks like a bigger snoozefest than the Last Airbender.

Now Gone:

Son of Beast- What's a worse layout than going around in circles for most of the ride.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anaconda at Kings Dominion belongs on any list of "worst coaster layouts."

Seriously--what the hell is this mess all about? Not only does it look ugly, it also clunks and bangs and rattles, then gives you a shot to the jaw as it crawls through its corkscrews.

Seriously--what the hell is this mess all about? Not only does it look ugly, it also clunks and bangs and rattles, then gives you a shot to the jaw as it crawls through its corkscrews.

Yeah I never understood the second half of the ride. The thing just slowly meanders around

Coat hanger technology.

The original Rattler looked pretty bad I thought.

Excalibur. A lift hill, a banked turn and then a figure eight and right back to the station. With only 2400 feet of track they wasted half of it on the figure eight when it could/should have been used more wisely. With this layout and the old school boxed trains going through the figure eight it gives you that jerky ride everyone is looking for as a bonus.

Superman: Ultimate Flight At Six Flags Great America, Great Adventure, and Over Georgia. The only good part is the pretzel loop, and then after that...

I'm not surprised that someone suggested this first.

This is the dullest, silliest layout ever, and I don't care for the pretzel loop at all, so it makes the entire ride horrible to me. You hang like a piece of meat and do boring stuff. I thought Air was far cooler because the surrounding at least makes it far more fun. Sky Scrapper looks amazing, and I wish that something like that was built (I wasn't a huge fan of Tatsu either) around here.

^The mountain theming of Crystal Wings did do a lot to improve the ride experience.

^Sky Scrapper is much better than the Superman clones, as is Manta.

I've managed to not yet hit a Manta, do you consider it far better than Tatsu?

I like Tatsu, but it feels like someone parked a truck on my chest everytime I go through that pretzel loop. Manta's theming and queue raise it up a notch for me.

Fujiyama lures you into a false sense of security with the first half, then turns into something stupid in the second half so I vote for that.

I also agree with Anaconda. Another ride that starts out making you think it's an "ok" ride but turns into a nightmare. Fujiyama was just more physically painful for me.

I always thought SFGAm's Shockwave had a layout that appeared like my first Roller Coaster Tycoon major custom coaster at the age of 10. SFGAdv's Great American Scream Machine was comparable.

Edited by ajfelice