TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most heavily themed theme park

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to WDW's parks a long time ago so I don't remember them too well but Disney and Universal definitely do an amazing job with theming. My favorite park is Islands of Adventure because it includes such different themed areas throughout, yet pretty much every section is themed in detail. I haven't been to many parks but I've heard that both Busch parks, specifically BGW, are very beautiful and have good theming.

Some of the parks that I have thought are well themed:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Very very well landscaped and it's nice just wandering around

Universal parks, I love the studio feeling around the parks

But the crown for this subject has to go to: Tokyo DisneySea. This is the most spectacular park on the planet. The level of detail is outstanding. You notice something new or clever or well thought out at every turn!

But the crown for this subject has to go to: Tokyo DisneySea. This is the most spectacular park on the planet. The level of detail is outstanding. You notice something new or clever or well thought out at every turn!

End of discussion.

1900850879_Ch1157.jpg.4a4281a8a49a955e690cf56c22784387.jpg

For myself, TOKYO DISNEY SEA is the ultimate in themeing and

literally "taking you away to other places and times". The park hides

it's show buildings perfectly, and the transitions from one "land" to

the other really can't be beat.

Looking at overhead photos of both this park and TDL (or any park),

it really shows you how much "backstage" they hide from the gp.

Every other park in the world I have been to, does not compare at

all, where Disney Sea is concerned.

main_img05.jpg.f40921f668db9b0f0d06db5f4570b36e.jpg

Then, there's a little attraction like this to make TDS (IMHO) The Best Themed Park Ever. GO Lava Monster!

^^ My actual "problem" in comparison, is that I am the reverse of you, and have been

to hardly any of the US parks, especially those in the midwest, southeast, northeast.

All of mine have pretty much been overseas, lol. Still....

Once you've been to Disney Sea, you're just blown away, right from when you walk in and

see that harbor and Mt.Prometheus in front of you. And you haven't even ridden anything, yet!

^^ My actual "problem" in comparison, is that I am the reverse of you, and have been

to hardly any of the US parks, especially those in the midwest, southeast, northeast.

All of mine have pretty much been overseas, lol. Still....

Once you've been to Disney Sea, you're just blown away, right from when you walk in and

see that harbor and Mt.Prometheus in front of you. And you haven't even ridden anything, yet!

Same here, I haven't been to very many US parks. I take one trip a year with TPR and it is usually international. I think I have ridden more coasters in Japan then the US.

Back on topic, it would be pretty hard to find a more or better themed park then DisneySea!

EPCOT definitely takes the win for theming as a whole, but if I were to chose a land, I would go with the WWoHP. I felt in Harry's world! Where else can you go and feel like you are in the movies and books! I can only imagine what Avatar will look like and other similar projects! A non Disney/ Universal park that had great theming is Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It reminds me of EPCOT because of the countries but with great roller coasters as well.

I have not been to Tokyo Disney Sea so I will say another park but its at the top of my list to go. So I will give more love to IOA. Even before the Harry Potter days, I always thought the park had great theming all around. Even the silly Toon Lagoon island. As runner-ups I say SDC and Dollywood but they kind have an advantage with both having beautiful surroundings.