TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rough coasters

Here's mine.

Vortex @ KI: Fun ride, but super rough!

Mean Streak: Awful, I hate it! That renovation never helped the experience!

Blue Streak: As long as you ride it in the front, your fine. The back seat sucks!

Hoosier Hurricane: Baby SOB, but very photogenic!

Maverick: This is because I'm short.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I am in the minority with you about Wildcat. It is crazy, a little rough, but not discomforting. On the other hand, was on Thunderhawk at Dorney and man is that pretty rough.

I agree with both of you on Hershey's Wildcat, a lot of people on this site bash it, I can't see why since it's a pretty solid woodie... That being said Gwazi (A coaster with a similar history in a different climate) and Hurler are the roughest and worst woodies I've ever ridden.

Vortex or Anaconda take the cake for the roughest steel coasters even though they aren't that rough, it's those transitions that really kill ya.

Yeah, I am in the minority with you about Wildcat. It is crazy, a little rough, but not discomforting. On the other hand, was on Thunderhawk at Dorney and man is that pretty rough.

I agree with both of you on Hershey's Wildcat, a lot of people on this site bash it, I can't see why since it's a pretty solid woodie... That being said Gwazi (A coaster with a similar history in a different climate) and Hurler are the roughest and worst woodies I've ever ridden.

Vortex or Anaconda take the cake for the roughest steel coasters even though they aren't that rough, it's those transitions that really kill ya.

Couldn't agree more. Love Wildcat, might even be my favorite ride at Hershey due to "those restraints" on that other coaster.

And as for Hurler and Anaconda, I agree again. Those transitions mess up both the rides. Especially Hurler, it seems CCI always had a thing for seeming on turn to the next. I rode one of their firsts, Kingdom Coaster @ Dutch, and man that would be ten times better if they would just add a couple bank turns when needed in place of those flat turns.

1. Coaster express @ Parque Warner, Madrid

2. Furius Baco @ Port Aventura, Solou

3. Stampida @ Port Aventura, Solou

Interesting.... I definitely agree about Coaster Express but I don't think that Furius Baco is among the roughest at all. Sure it is pretty rough but I've ridden many worse ones in that department. In which seat did you ride?

As to Stampida, I'm beginning to thin that I'm the odd one out as I seem to be the only person here who got a non-rough ride and enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't smooth, but not that shaky either.

I've got to say that I found Furius Baco extremely rough as well. I rode it in one of the outer seats in the very back. From what i've heard it's supposed to be more comfortable in the front of the train but that first ride made me not wanna go for another ride that day..

This extremely rough and jerky portable Wisdom Industries coaster was much rougher than the Shockwave TOGO coaster at Kings Dominion.

rcdb.com/2804.htm?p=10059

It slammed me around when it went around the track and it sounded like a old garbage can/shopping cart crashing around. The cars were wobbling and shaking really bad as it went through the layout at least 12 times around.

When I went to Cedar Point for the first time 2 years ago, we walked up to Gemini. There was little to no wait for the back of the trains so we thought why not? We quickly learned why the lines were so short. I think that was the only time I was actually hurting on a roller coaster.

When I went to Cedar Point for the first time 2 years ago, we walked up to Gemini. There was little to no wait for the back of the trains so we thought why not? We quickly learned why the lines were so short. I think that was the only time I was actually hurting on a roller coaster.

Gemini is accualy pretty smooth, but I've sat towards the front. I don't ever try to ride a coaster towards the back.

Son of Beast is definitely my worst experience, only ride I think I've been on where I've wished it would be over after the first drop, heh.

Kong at SFDK is one I currently always skip because of it's unpleasantness, probably similar for other SLCs (I hate having my ears banged).

I would also note that while I love Maverick at CP, and have ridden it multiple times on all my trips to CP, it sure leaves a lot of bruises on my shoulders. I assume that has something to do with my height and/or skinniness, but it'd be nice if those restraints were padded just a tad...

1. Coaster express @ Parque Warner, Madrid

2. Furius Baco @ Port Aventura, Solou

3. Stampida @ Port Aventura, Solou

Interesting.... I definitely agree about Coaster Express but I don't think that Furius Baco is among the roughest at all. Sure it is pretty rough but I've ridden many worse ones in that department. In which seat did you ride?

As to Stampida, I'm beginning to thin that I'm the odd one out as I seem to be the only person here who got a non-rough ride and enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't smooth, but not that shaky either.

I rode Furius Baco in a middle row at the right side (outer seat). When I rode it it was the roughest coaster I've been on (had not yet ridden Coaster Express). The acceleration was fine but then it was just 20 seconds of headbangning. I did not enjoy it at all and I would never re-ride until I read they fixed it.

Stampida was shaky and slammed me from side to side. Not headbangning as furius baco and it can't really compare to Coaster Express. It did give my gf some bruises on her legs aswell. I did manage to re-ride to get both sides, both hurted but, as said, not close to Baco or Coaster Express.

In 2012 I rode baco five times and , yes, it was pretty rough (especially in the 5th car which was the closest to the back I was). However, this year I went there on opening day and the first coaster I rode was baco just at 10 a.m as the park opened. I got the last row and thought I was going to die. Then, to my surprise, it wasn't really bad so that's why I was asking.

The two roughest coasters I've been on are Hades 360 and Ghostrider. During both rides, I kept thinking "oh god, when will it end". Hades 360 at least has a cool inversion that is actually fun. There was no fun to be found on Ghostrider, only sorrow.

(Dis)Honourable mentions also go to Vortex (CGA), Flight Deck (CW) and Ninja (SFStL).