TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rough coasters

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa. The only tolerable part of the ride was the lift hill and I don't remember the layout at all since I was so focused on the ride ending and getting to the brake run. I had a headache for an hour later. Only the Tiger side was open and if the Lion side had been open as well, I would have skipped it even though I basically never skip a non kiddie credit. I wouod have hated to see how bad the ride was with the original PTC trains. Hercules is a close 2nd.

Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa. The only tolerable part of the ride was the lift hill and I don't remember the layout at all since I was so focused on the ride ending and getting to the brake run. I had a headache for an hour later. Only the Tiger side was open and if the Lion side had been open as well, I would have skipped it even though I basically never skip a non kiddie credit. I wouod have hated to see how bad the ride was with the original PTC trains. Hercules is a close 2nd.

I agree with you. I've been on many wooden coasters and while quite a few were rough, that's expected. That being said, Gwazi was/is painfully rough. Gwazi was the worst for me as far as roughest wooden coasters. I would not shed a tear if it was torn down today!

^I second this, I was seeing so many peoples on this forum and on Youtube loving American Eagle that I tough, "man, it must be quite good !". And then I rode it, and it was rough and overall very bad.

Actually I just went back to look at my Mitch Hawker's ballot, and I ranked A.E. 14th out of 16. Speaks for itself.

I don't mind a bit of roughness. Hell, I loved Gwazi with its PTC trains (Granted, this was its second year.) I enjoyed Mean Streak. I liked Ninja at SFStL. I even found SFNE's Cyclone (pre-topper-track) fun. Until last year, my worst ride experience was either The Boss or Psyclone. (Honestly, Boss isn't that bad until the helix, anyway...)

Then along came Hades360...

You know a ride is bad when TPR gets an hour of ERT on it and 15 minutes in, nobody wants to ride the thing. I came off that ride feeling like there was something seriously wrong with me, like a cracked rib or two.

That place should RMC all four of its coasters. (And yet, I suspect somehow that they'll STILL be unbearably rough...)

I didn't mind Gwazi. However, if anyone knows the Hurricane: Category 5 from the old Myrtle Beach Pavilion that is now demolished, even after riding Son of Beast that ride was ROUGH. It had some good pops of airtime, but it murdered me. Mean Streak wasn't that rough, just dull. So this is the top 2

1. Hurricane Category 5

2. Son of Beast

Gwazi and Mean Streak top my list just for being brutally painful at points.

Predator and Roar are seconds. I've had some good rides on both but mostly bad. Especially I the back on Predator. I find it fun but that back car really slams down on the bottom of every airtime hill.

For a steel coaster, Togos are pretty rough and Dragon Mountain at Marineland is a little rough in the front. The car shuffles around fast and bangs through the elements.

Seems like Valleyfairs High Roller seems to be getting rough? Has anyone notice? Compared to Renegade smooth and fast. High Roller hasn't been the same since they put trim brakes on the ride lost some of its air time on the hills but still has some air. Valleyfairs corkscrew is still running smooth.

Seems like Valleyfairs High Roller seems to be getting rough? Has anyone notice? Compared to Renegade smooth and fast. High Roller hasn't been the same since they put trim brakes on the ride lost some of its air time on the hills but still has some air. Valleyfairs corkscrew is still running smooth.

I rode High Roller last year and didn't feel much roughness compared to many other woodies.

Carolina Cyclone, and on top of being the most unpleasant coaster to ride, the thing is also one of, if not the biggest eye sore of any major theme park.. Ninja at SFOG is a very close second, but it is a beautiful ride, especially if you catch it at the right angle in the right light, sitting over the water.

Carolina Cyclone, and on top of being the most unpleasant coaster to ride, the thing is also one of, if not the biggest eye sore of any major theme park.. Ninja at SFOG is a very close second, but it is a beautiful ride, especially if you catch it at the right angle in the right light, sitting over the water.

Aw come on, Cyclone isn't that bad. Ninja murdered me though.

The roughest most horrible piece of junk I've ever ridden is Predator at Darien Lake. I thought I was going to lose my life to that abomination. Ugh.

My top 3:

3. Canobie Corkscrew at CLP

2. Mind Eraser SFNE

1. Goliath at SFNE

These rides are rough and non enjoyable. However, the following ones are rough and enjoyable. I love rough woodies but I've been on three that most enthusiasts hate:

3. Wildcat HP

2. Wildcat LC

1. Cyclone SFNE

I loved Cyclone so much. So sad to see it go. That back seat airtime was amazing.

• 1 month later...
My top 3:

3. Canobie Corkscrew at CLP

2. Mind Eraser SFNE

1. Goliath at SFNE

These rides are rough and non enjoyable. However, the following ones are rough and enjoyable. I love rough woodies but I've been on three that most enthusiasts hate:

3. Wildcat HP

2. Wildcat LC

1. Cyclone SFNE

I loved Cyclone so much. So sad to see it go. That back seat airtime was amazing.

Yeah, I am in the minority with you about Wildcat. It is crazy, a little rough, but not discomforting. On the other hand, was on Thunderhawk at Dorney and man is that pretty rough.