TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wouldn't want to see more Tennessee Tornado's get built?

Well if we're going to go there, another Orient Express! But make it better, faster, stronger than it was before.

The Orient Express was the very first coaster I ever rode.....and it was back in the 80s. All I remember is that is was really scary to me as a little kid and never rode it again!

I'd love to see some innovative new rides come out from this. Maybe some new flat that'll become a standard in most parks

Perhaps more of those like the ones going up in Beijing and Shenzhen?

Maybe they'll combine the old and the new catalog and make an air launched suspended coaster.

^Isn't that basically what Power Keg is?! (on steroids, of course)

This should be interesting. I would LOVE if they dipped into the Arrow catalog. Intamin...and sometimes S&S are the only current companies that really impress me at the moment. If S&S brought back some of that Arrow innovation with modern day standards, they'd produce awesome rides.

^Isn't that basically what Power Keg is?! (on steroids, of course)

Nah it's more of a braindead Premier prototype that S&S added epicness to.

Anyhow I'd love for S&S to bring back Arrow's designs with some newer features.

Arrow fanboys represeeent!

I'd love to see some innovative new rides come out from this. Maybe some new flat that'll become a standard in most parks

Perhaps more of those like the ones going up in Beijing and Shenzhen?

Maybe they'll combine the old and the new catalog and make an air launched suspended coaster.

Am I the only one here who thinks that that is actually a plausible idea?

Bummed to hear Mr. Checketts will not be involved in the company anymore...I always thought of him as a visionary in the field, even if some of their projects did not always pan out! I wish Mr. Checketts the best of luck in any and all of his future endeavors!

How about S&S bring back the old Arrow 7 looping coaster threesome!; Viper (still operating), Great American Scream Machine, and Shockwave! That would be awesome! Personally, i think Viper is an AWESOME coaster being such an old ride. I would love to see Arrow get brought back in a way that uses S&S's originality! That would be pure BLISS!

I wonder if the failure of Ring Racer had any influence on Stan's decision to sell...

I personally think Arrow's back catalog is only valuable for the parts/maintenance aspect. So many parks have Arrow flumes, loopers, or mine trains that will always need parts and maintenance services.

I've always dreamed of the old Arrow rides coming back (and so far, Steel Hawg is the closest my dream has come).

It's too bad about Ring Racer. If it would have been reliable, it could have given Intamin rocket coasters some serious competition. Hopefully this change will only make S and S even more awesome.

Will this change the company in any way beyond management? Or will they continue to produce rides like they have been?

I would have said that a change of management would significantly affect the way they produce rides.

In more recent years the company seemed to have a scattergun approach to ride development, sometimes not proving successful and sometimes creating absolute gems (Tranan, for one!). I don't think it would be a bad thing if they took this change to have a more focussed approach to product development. Who knows, if they refine and develop one ride type perfectly, it could become the next Shot&Drop...

Dave

Will this change the company in any way beyond management? Or will they continue to produce rides like they have been?

I would have said that a change of management would significantly affect the way they produce rides.

In more recent years the company seemed to have a scattergun approach to ride development, sometimes not proving successful and sometimes creating absolute gems (Tranan, for one!). I don't think it would be a bad thing if they took this change to have a more focussed approach to product development. Who knows, if they refine and develop one ride type perfectly, it could become the next Shot&Drop...

Dave

So that might mean, if the management did try to create a more "stable" - not scattergun - company, we might see less (what some could consider rather random) ride development? Which would mean that we wouldn't see S&S woodies lik HellCat/Avalanche at the same time they are building Ring Racer and Extreme Rusher.

Blessing and a curse, I think your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

I'd love to see the old Arrow multiloopers come back as well, just so long as they can find a way to improve the wheels or restraints, so they can cut back on any headbanging issues.

Also, didn't S&S create those 4-D coasters? When I think of those, I always think of seeing the POV from Eejanaika, and hearing Robb's wonderful, and painful commentary ("*beep* this ride!" "That was actually worse than X!")