TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw somewhere that S&S won't be marketing this ride. Stan Checketts just wanted to test a new braking system that used no mechanical parts at all. It works, it's just crazy loud. Who wants to ride a ride and have to wear ear plugs?

• 3 months later...

I have from a very good source within S&S that within the week S&S will either be sold off or declare bankruptcy. Stan Checketts is no longer in charge of the compay as the investors he mortgaged the compnay 4 years ago have assumed control. The parking lot is almost empty, which I have personally confirmed and the contact I have, who is very high in the company, has been told that a decision about the future of the company will come later next week. I don't know the details that have led them to this point, but the bankruptsy/ sell off is an inevitable reality at this point.

This is not a rumor or speculation.

Not sure how I feel about this. When I get more information I will pass it on if the story doesn't break wide on it's own.

Thats all I can say... I loved their new ride ideas and really felt that they were creating some unique rides. I can't help but wonder if this is a sign of things to come for the industry. I mean parks in general have suffered through poor earnings for years now and maybe the companies supplying the rides have been struggling as well...

I dunno I never would have thought S&S though because they installed a ton of those Screaming Swings...

You know I only just realized that almost all of their models in recent years at least all had the initials S.S... Sorry...

If Stan Checketts weren't in charge, why did he go to Cedar Point for the opening of SkyHawk?

I don't really believe this. S&S still sells many rides a year, and they just opened a 4D. How could they be closing?

When people have a postcount as low as 15, It can generally be assumed that they don't have much to loose by being laughed off the forum for lies...

If anyone is going bankrupt, it's got to be Premiere. They barely do anything and their forte (LIM launch) is old technology that's been surpassed by other companies!

Premiere have done a reasonable amount of high profile projects in recent waht with 3 Italian Jobs and 2 Mummies. I think LIM technologyu allows more control of a ride compared to just a straight forward launch.

S&S must have a reasonable turn over with the number of tower rides and Screaming Swings being sold. Altough it is possible they have lost money as some of their new rides have had operating problems. If they do go bankrupt could this hint that 4D coasters are cursed. Would any company want to build another 4D coaster. Good luck Intamin.

When people have a postcount as low as 15, It can generally be assumed that they don't have much to loose by being laughed off the forum for lies...

I really dont like when people say things like that. I have about that many post counts here, but I've been active in the coaster community for almost 3 years now. Dont judge people by post counts?

In regards to Premier don't forget the number of Italian Jobs they've been selling and before that, Mummies... I do wish they still made their awesome inverting LIM coasters though.

I'll believe the news about S&S when I hear it from them. With all the new Screamin' Swings coming up and Eej, how could this be true? If this IS true, the 4D is definately a cursed machine!

Don't be such an ass. Pdon has shown he is fairly reliable and in the know in terms of things like this. Post count has little to do with it, it's post CONTENT. Here's some pdon posted in the introduction thread six months ago:

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick and I live in South Jordan, Utah. My home park is Lagoon, but I was born in Dayton, Ohio, so my real home park is PKI. I work in the electrical industry and sell to S&S, Interactive Rides and Setpoint. I am usually a good source for rumor control regarding any of the three companies installations. My coaster count is around 125 or so and I make a trip out to MM at least once a year.

If it was a first time poster who wrote OMG I HERD S&S IS GOING BANKRUPTTT IS THIS TRU?? that's one thing, but the original post had a bunch of relevant information and none of it seems that outlandish.

This goes along with what I am hearing as well.

A second person "in the know" who has heard this. Probably not just a wild rumor.

I have been out most of the day, and I must say I am surprised at how many members have called me out for bullshit and lying.

There is an old saying about people who never trust anyone else or immediately assume someone they don't know is a liar. Usually those people are untrustworthy themselves.

I thank Wes41190 and others for coming to my defense, and all the nay-sayers can wait until the official announcement. My contact at S&S is the head of HR, so my guess is she knows a bit more than most about what is going on. As Wes41190 pointed out, I also sell electrical products to them as well, so I have confirmed the sale/bankruptcy with at least four other employees.

I recognize that I am a newer member of the community, so with time maybe my posts won't attract so many a-holes looking to start a flame war. Everyone has to start out at some point, and the rest of the members owe them at least the opportunity to prove themselves to the community. Apparently this is my opportunity.

I have been out most of the day, and I must say I am surprised at how many members have called me out for bullshit and lying.

There is an old saying about people who never trust anyone else or immediately assume someone they don't know is a liar. Usually those people are untrustworthy themselves.

I thank Wes41190 and others for coming to my defense, and all the nay-sayers can wait until the official announcement. My contact at S&S is the head of HR, so my guess is she knows a bit more than most about what is going on. As Wes41190 pointed out, I aslo sell electrical products to them as well, so I have confirmed the sale/bankruptcy with at least four other employees.

I recognize that I am a newer member of the community, so with time maybe my posts won't attract so many a-holes looking to start a flame war. Everyone has to start out at some point, and the rest of the members owe them at least the opportunity to prove themselves to the community. Apparently this is my opportunity.

*As I now have respect for you*