TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

With all of the talk regarding Arrow legacy rides, I’d like to add water flumes to the list. This would be the right time to start reproducing these rides again. Just for part sales for existing rides.Too many of flumes are being removed from parks at the moment.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add my 2 cents to Arrow legacy rides discussion . . . . .

What if S&S could reproduce one of the old Arrow custom loopers. Would you rather have that or the old Arrow Suspended Coaster be re-incarnated?

Was that really a question?

Suspended Coaster all the way.

I'll add my 2 cents to Arrow legacy rides discussion . . . . .

What if S&S could reproduce one of the old Arrow custom loopers. Would you rather have that or the old Arrow Suspended Coaster be re-incarnated?

I would totally go with the suspended. I don't ever see arrow loopers being brought back. In this day and age of smooth, sleek, modern coasters, bringing back rough, janky, coat hanger designed coasters would likely never be a success. The only way they could bring back the arrow looper is with something like Tennessee Tornado and that still has many flaws compared to B&M loopers. Plain and simple, it would take a lot of work to bring back arrow loopers. So much work, in fact, that S&S could just build their own style of looping coaster and likely have more success with it. The only group that they could market "the revival of arrow loopers" to would be nostalgic coaster enthusiasts. The GP couldn't care less who or what the coaster is, they just want a good, comfortable ride.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Morgan came straight out of Arrow, correct? I've always loved that classic Arrow/Vekoma/Morgan track design. But I think Morgan is my favorite simply because the cross ties are so impossibly thin looking which gives it a sleaker profile. I really hope more parks invest in the Chance HyperGTX so this company can better get the exposure it deserves.

But back to S&S. I think they should embrace their Arrow roots more and return to the Arrow track design in the future. I know that might not work for a compact ride like Gale force, but I dream of the day S&S starts building real roller coasters again.

Morgan came straight out of Arrow, correct? I've always loved that classic Arrow/Vekoma/Morgan track design. But I think Morgan is my favorite simply because the cross ties are so impossibly thin looking which gives it a sleaker profile. I really hope more parks invest in the Chance HyperGTX so this company can better get the exposure it deserves.

But back to S&S. I think they should embrace their Arrow roots more and return to the Arrow track design in the future. I know that might not work for a compact ride like Gale force, but I dream of the day S&S starts building real roller coasters again.

I really hope this style launch remains popular. I'm not a fan of the 3-part launch fad at all.

Totally agree. I finally got on one of the Premier skyrockets late last year (EDIT: and yolocoaster in 2015) and while it was a good, solid, fun ride for what it is, the Intamin accelerators I've ridden are in a completely different league. If I ever find myself in Japan I'll go way out of my way to check out Dodonpa as that launch just looks crazy and have always wanted to try one of these powerful S&S launches.

I really hope this style launch remains popular. I'm not a fan of the 3-part launch fad at all.

3-part launch? You mean like 'GaleForce' and 'Sky Rocket 2'? What other rides do this? I personally wouldn't include 'Complete Throttle' at SFMM to be in that group. I consider that to be a multi-launch like 'Manta' or 'Maverick'.

But I think hydraulic launches like 'Montezooma's Revenge' and 'Xcelerator' kick ass over LSM/LIM launches. I've never been on an air thrust, but if they are anything like a mechanical launch (and from what I've seen they are even more intense) then I can't wait to try one. Are there any in the U.S.? I don't realistically see myself ever getting to Japan or China. I mean ever in my lifetime.

3-part launch? You mean like 'GaleForce' and 'Sky Rocket 2'? What other rides do this?

Capitol Bullet Train, Star Trek, Gold Rush and Soaring with Dragon are all other examples. I don't mind them, but I don't really want them to come at the expense of normal launched coasters. Soaring with Dragon looks very good, though, the launch looks pretty fast, but Star Trek wasn't really very impressive to me as the launch was very slow.

Capitol Bullet Train, Star Trek, Gold Rush and Soaring with Dragon are all other examples. I don't mind them, but I don't really want them to come at the expense of normal launched coasters. Soaring with Dragon looks very good, though, the launch looks pretty fast, but Star Trek wasn't really very impressive to me as the launch was very slow.

It might work (haven't ridden but looks like it) with rides like Soaring with dragon as they are practically huge so the acceleration is still felt but at a scale like CBT, Star Trek or Gold Rush you barely feel anything happening.

Obviously rides like GF and SR2 get excused since they're purpose built for tiny spaces

^^/^It's exceedingly rare that I, a well-established coaster enthusiast, come into a coaster forum thread and feel like people are speaking a different language. And yet I don't think I've heard of any of those rides. Just another reason I always have RCDB open.

^LOL! Yeah, I didn't understand how they even worked until we got a tour of Capital Bullet Train in Dubai. Then I really finally got it when we rode Gold Rush and Star Trek this fall!

They're fun rides, but I see what others mean. I like one super crazy launch more than the triple building up to enough speed to get you through the course.

I've experienced the launch on 'Superman' at SFDK and it was rather lame-o actually. The ride itself was fun, after the launch. But the kick and sudden burst of speed on rides like 'Monty' and 'Xcelerator', and yes even 'Complete Throttle' is part of what makes those rides what they are. Amazing kick-donkey thrill machines. Even 'Manta' and 'Pony Express' have a pretty good little kick to them, and they are around half the speed of 'Superman'. The difference has got to be the sudden acceleration from a dead stop vs the getting up the speed. 'Superman' may be 62 mph, but that's not from a dead stop, but rather a roll-forward after the first backward launch up a hill. I'd never really thought of that before now.

I have yet to ride one of those triple-launch coasters, whether it be a Sky Rocket II model, GaleForce, the Mack coasters, etc. But that's going to change when I ride Electric Eel this summer, and I may even head up to NorCal and do Superman as well.

I can see why others prefer one intense launch (as I probably will too), but I have to admit that I really do like Full Throttle's backwards launch. It has some good kick to it that I wasn't expecting when I first rode.