TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this compare to Arrow's single-rail track? Perhaps they're testing a manufacturing process to continue to provide service to Blackpool Pleasure Beach for their Steeplechase.

Also, just a thought; if they're bringing back classic Arrow products, could we see a new generation looping coaster in the near future, among other things? Wishful thinking, I know, but it would be amazing.

While we're still dreaming, I'd love to see Intamin try and bring back some of Schwarzkopf's models....

While we're still dreaming, I'd love to see Intamin try and bring back some of Schwarzkopf's models....

Gerstlauer is probably the most direct successor to Schwarzkopf. They've even done reproduction trains for two older Scwarzkopf coasters, Sooperdooperlooper and Turbine / Psyke Underground.

Well here is the answer. S&S are bringing back the steeplechase concept.

Not bad, not bad. Looking forward to seeing a vehicle. I'd imagine there are abundant theming options, but I'd love to see a park go in a traditional direction with horses.

Bring back the old Steeplechase coaster to Coney Island. It could fit on the unused plot of land between the stadium and the Thunderbolt and extend on to the boardwalk weaving around the old parachute drop and B&B Carousell coming close to the original location.

I can dream, can't I.

Bring back the old Steeplechase coaster to Coney Island. It could fit on the unused plot of land between the stadium and the Thunderbolt and extend on to the boardwalk weaving around the old parachute drop and B&B Carousell coming close to the original location.

I can dream, can't I.

Yes, yes you can. I dream of Wacky Soap Box Racers at Knott's.

This is definitely exciting to hear that the Steeplechase will be reborn. Updating more old Arrow products would be something I would like to see S&S Sansei look into like the "traditional" swinging suspended coasters.

OH GOD YES PLEASE! Suspended coasters need to make a serious comeback! I find that Suspended coasters are great starter rides for younger kids who are at that awkward point where they may not be ready for the big scream machines, but are bored riding kiddie coasters.

Thirding the desire for the return of the swinging suspended coaster. I became a suspended fanboy after riding Ninja at Magic Mountain. I just want a suspended coaster in the Mid-Atlantic again, don't care which park gets it. My ultimate fanboy dream would be BGW trashing Verbolten to bring back the Big Bad Wolf. Second would be that Merlin's Mayhem swings so I can justify a return to Central PA.

In the meantime, I am seriously considering flying out to Toronto or London for 2018 just for Vortex or Vampire respectively.

Back to the Steeplechase, I'm secretly hoping Xcelerator is deemed irreparable so that Knott's can bring back Soap Box Derby Racers. That would get me flying back to LA.

I highly doubt the swinging coaster will be making a return.

That being said, I would love to see a "fixed train" suspended coaster that has the same narrow 2-2 seating, floor and reduced reach envelopes, but with proper banking. You could make some seriously insane terrain coasters with that design. If you closed in the sides of the trains so no one could reach out, you could get within a few feet of terrain!

Back to the Steeplechase, I'm secretly hoping Xcelerator is deemed irreparable so that Knott's can bring back Soap Box Derby Racers. That would get me flying back to LA.

Anything that replaced Xcelerator needs to be at least as thrilling/awesome if not better. Replacing a ride like Xcelerator with a family ride would be a huge mistake.

I highly doubt the swinging coaster will be making a return.

That being said, I would love to see a "fixed train" suspended coaster that has the same narrow 2-2 seating, floor and reduced reach envelopes, but with proper banking. You could make some seriously insane terrain coasters with that design. If you closed in the sides of the trains so no one could reach out, you could get within a few feet of terrain!

Thinking about it, the lack of swinging might be a good thing with this hypothetical floored invert. Clearances could be even tighter. Honestly, anything with a sub-48" minimum is what the industry needs.

An invert with smooth transitions (as opposed to the whipping B&M has always preferred ) may be the next best thing to the swinging suspended coaster. Silver Bullet felt like a suspended coaster with its maneuvers compared to most B&M inverts. While on the topic of Knott's, I take back my secret hopes of Xcelerator's demise and the return of Soap Box Derby Racers. Knott's is pretty biased towards family coasters already.