TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I'm one of those people. Won't forget the jackhammering I got in the first car, third row on the bottom of each drop. Great airtime, indeed. Just painful that last time I rode it.

The prototype looks amazing, Robb! Almost acts like a HUSS Top Spin on tracks; which I'd absolutely fawn over!

I know there are those who are head-over-heels (pun slightly intended) over seeing a wild flip-crazy version come to a park someday, but I know plenty of peeps who aren't so comfortable with crazy fast-spinning/flipping rides. Hopefully they do come up with something to allow riders to control their experience levels, or find a middle ground where most people would be comfortable boarding a ride like this.

As a guy who rides GASM more than twice a year, I can tell you that it does get quite repetitive with the bunny hops, but I think the airtime and the buzz bars are what give it character. If these new rotating cars were put on it, riders would be very secure in their seats, with little to no freedom of movement. As the ride is now, the airtime hills lift riders out of their seats (even with the seatbelts that were installed later). And even if it were to just get the I-box treatment with new trains, all that character would be lost with the new track. So yes, it may seem uninspired, but I certainly find some redeeming qualities in the design.

After seeing the prototype in action, I was pretty amazed and would like to see that coaster inside several parks.

However, as someone who has been to Kings Dominion for over thirty-five seasons, I recall another type of coaster from S&S called the Hypersonic XLC that only ran for several seasons and had too many downtimes, plus it wasn't a people-eater since each train only held up to eight riders. Still, there is another coaster in a another park that has that blast-you-over-the first-hill element that the Hypersonic once had - it is the Powder Keg at Silver Dollar City, also made by S&S. So I'm a little wary of how this coaster will work out.

Still, I wonder how this ride will compare to X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I don't think capacity will be an issue. The prototype only has half of a car because thats all it needs, but I would think that the production model will probably have something similar to the 28 person capacity of a 4-D coaster. Not a people eater, but not terrible. I would assume it would be more reliable than the complex 4-D cars as well.

I don't think capacity will be an issue. The prototype only has half of a car because thats all it needs, but I would think that the production model will probably have something similar to the 28 person capacity of a 4-D coaster. Not a people eater, but not terrible. I would assume it would be more reliable than the complex 4-D cars as well.

It's posted in the report. This is more like a Zac-Spin or a spinning mouse. It will run multiple cars with 8 seats each. The current layouts are more compact. That's not to say that they couldn't expand this idea for a longer coaster with a full-sized train, but from what I'm hearing, parks are asking for more compact, smaller rides lately.

Being completely honest here - I didn't even realize that the layout was like that of a Zacspin. I always thought that those were wavy curves instead of ups and downs.

Being completely honest here - I didn't even realize that the layout was like that of a Zacspin. I always thought that those were wavy curves instead of ups and downs.

Same here. That's a little disappointing.

On the contrary, I think that it will make the ride better.

Same here. That's a little disappointing.

Why? Would you rather have another boring and un imaginative B&M or something? At least some designers are taking a concept and improving on it like this, instead of taking a concept and making it boring, like the Wingriders.

I think the zacspin layout would be a lot of fun, the experience of the ride is not in the layout itself, but the free spinning of the cars, which a zacspin type layout would allow for, just less painful. Combine that with the adjustability of the spinning and I think these will be great fun!

Awesome! Thank you very much for sharing this! A couple questions:

1. Is there anything we can do to help make coasters like this become a reality at any of our parks?

2. Do you know if they are open to letting normal people tour their facility (I understand that getting to ride that coaster is reserved for park owners and members of the press for many reasons including the considerable cost of operating it, but can normal people have tours or is that also reserved for park owners and members of the press)?

3. Does this set up prevent the sometimes painful experience found in the Intamin's 4D models where you get stuck upside down due to uneven weight distribution and get slammed upside down into the restraint.

Edited by Arrow Dynamics fan

^The factory is not open to the public. If you want to see rides like these at more parks and your home park you should just spread the word as much as you can. Post on the parks facebook page, post on twitter, all over and get people interested!

3. Does this set up prevent the sometimes painful experience found in the Intamin's 4D models where you get stuck upside down due to uneven weight distribution and get slammed upside down into the restraint.

No, these vehicles are still free spinning. The magnets only encourage a flip. The most painful experience you can have on Zacspins usually occurs when they go down a level, and this ride will most likely be able to produce the same uncomfortable moments if you are unlucky. The retrains do look really comfy andI can't wait for the day to when I get to try one out.

Insane is one of my absolute favorite rides, but it would not be impossible for me to like this ride more, from what I have seen so far.

What I wonder about this ride is 1. when someone will buy one? and 2. How long before Intamin will incorporate magnetic flips in their Zacspins?

• 5 months later...