TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

Awesome! I hope these take off. I agree with others that it would totally work as a shuttle if that's practical to adapt for the "real world." I wonder whether any parks will take them up on the potential to offer multiple levels of intensity.

... If a future model is able to increase and decrease the intensity based on a group of riders preferences on a cycle by cycle basis then parks can have a ride that anyone can ride and it can provide totally different experiences.

Adding to my last point, I was curious about this, too. Will it be easy to adjust the intensity on the fly, or is it a more involved process? Curious to learn the details at some point and how different parks would handle it.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding to my last point, I was curious about this, too. Will it be easy to adjust the intensity on the fly, or is it a more involved process? Curious to learn the details at some point and how different parks would handle it.

We actually asked this very thing! They said that it couldn't be done "on the fly" but let's say a park wanted an "XTREME" version for Fright Fest or something, it would not be that difficult to alter it to spin more.

That being said, I'm sure if a park came in and said "we want a rider selectable feature" I'm sure something could be designed.

I'm excited to see this concept take off. I like the idea of it smoothly rotating and not violently rocking back and forth.

Also, I was looking at the IAAPA layouts and I was curious as to whether anybody knows the height of the two models.

Also, I was looking at the IAAPA layouts and I was curious as to whether anybody knows the height of the two models.

45m and 67m, which is 147ft and 219ft.

In comparison, Insane is "only" 35m tall.

---

Anyways, great report. Thanks for the pictures and all the nerd-things, I loved it.

That reminds me I made a sketch of my own layout for that kind of coaster, back then it was announced at the IAAPA. Take a sneak peek.

I'd love to see some of these built, never gotten to ride a 4d coaster but the 'jerkyness' would put me off I think. This looks like a great solution to the problem!

I've always liked how 'enthusiastic' S&S seem as a company, the prototype looks awesome!

One question though... credit?

As soon as I saw that RMC was involved, I started thinking about an S&S/RMC brand new 4D wooden roller coaster concept. Then I realized that there would be way to many clearance issues with the wooden structure, especially on any type of inversion. I'm interested to see what type of supports they use on the I-Box track. I wonder if it could open up the possibility of RMC building completely brand new steel roller coasters with high-G inversions?

As soon as I saw that RMC was involved, I started thinking about an S&S/RMC brand new 4D wooden roller coaster concept. Then I realized that there would be way to many clearance issues with the wooden structure, especially on any type of inversion. I'm interested to see what type of supports they use on the I-Box track. I wonder if it could open up the possibility of RMC building completely brand new steel roller coasters with high-G inversions?

I think the Great American Scream Machine at SFoG would be a nearly perfect candidate for such a makeover. The only place where clearance would get tight is at the corner of the L (but imagine if they just banked the track 90deg for the turn on the return trip). They could do the Iron Horse treatment to the track, and then re-do the station to accommodate the 4D trains. I think it could be epic.

I think the Great American Scream Machine at SFoG would be a nearly perfect candidate for such a makeover. The only place where clearance would get tight is at the corner of the L (but imagine if they just banked the track 90deg for the turn on the return trip). They could do the Iron Horse treatment to the track, and then re-do the station to accommodate the 4D trains. I think it could be epic.

That seems kind of unusual to overhaul a perfectly good, old woodie.

That seems kind of unusual to overhaul a perfectly good, old woodie.

GASM is a 4/10 at best. It's not that it's painfully rough (though it does rattle you around a bit), but it just doesn't do anything really spectacular. It doesn't have great airtime, and that's really what you expect out of an out-and-back woodie.