TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PC/RCT3] Valley Hills

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

David Trust - park spokesperson

The summer season is in full-swing at Valley Hills!

14600703569_5c9c04de67_o.jpg

Come conquer the worlds largest Frisbee ride, Cardinal. Or free-fall 242.8 feet, and experience 3.8 seconds of zero gravity on ZER0.

14600725028_a3ce61c815_o.jpg

Unfortunately, Déjà Vu & Chaos will be closed until further notice. The rides have been experiencing mechanical issues and we hope to have them both up and running as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.

14600929207_108d370a65_o.png

Bonus shot!

Atop the Valley Scream maintenance platform you can see the all new spray 'n' play feature added to Wild Waters.

You can now soak riders even further!

14743541033_921d64575d_o.jpg

Uh-oh, Cardinal better rest in its nest! A lot of commotion is happening next to it. We wouldn't want it to fly away...

14600728148_51417a6834_o.jpg

Gee, I haven't been caught up with this park in a while. It seems like Cedar Fair added some new rides and other stuff, which makes the park seem new yet stay the same. On a side note, I wonder why they decided to install the Valley Scream when VertiGo, a similar ride at Cedar Point, collapsed. Maybe it's because the towers are shorter?

First off, I want to say that this thread has been a great read. Good to see that the park wasn't Geauga'd when Cedar Fair took it over. Several things:

- Where can I find that Big Apple/Wacky Worm track? I haven't seen it anywhere and it beats using the junior steel track for those designs.

- Will the park get any relocated rides?

- I am also curious about the addition of a Sky Sling since Cedar Point did have problems with theirs.

- If the replacement for Deja Vu is a flying coaster, what manufacturer do you plan to use? I'm half expecting Zamperla because they don't take much space, or it could be another Vekoma, but all three were built in the early 2000s. So my guess is Zamperla (though surprises are nice!)

Uh-oh, Cardinal better rest in its nest! A lot of commotion is happening next to it. We wouldn't want it to fly away...

Flying coaster...

^thats what I was going to say.

Cardinal loves to fly! Hopefully, it doesn't take off and loose a few feathers...

I feel like this will be from Vekoma since it's a Cedar Fair park.

[EDIT] I tried to make a Cedar Fair version of Valley Hills' logo. It turned out to be awful. I'm sorry: choice[/i]?

I hope I didn't throw anyone off-board with this unique feedback.

-Who said Déjà Vu is getting replaced?

Zamperla sounds very choice?

I hope I didn't throw anyone off-board with this unique feedback.

I was thinking Zamperla since GIBs don't take much space. Plus with the numerous issues the park was having I would think they would retire it completely.

Or maybe it's being replaced by a SCAD tower. It'll be certainly unique.

choice

off-board unique

Hmm.....

Yes, very choice.

I was thinking Zamperla since GIBs don't take much space. Plus with the numerous issues the park was having I would think they would retire it completely.

Or maybe it's being replaced by a SCAD tower. It'll be certainly unique.

Unique? Yes, all eyes will be on Valley Hills next season.

I just read through the whole thread, and I can tell you that you have a great park on your hands

I feel like going to start my own park now!

Whoa! I feel honored to be able to inspire people with my work. Thank you.

Well, this is a Funtime model. I thought CF could give it another shot with a different manufacturer.

Ah, it's a different manufacturer. That makes sense. Although it still mystify me as to why CF would get this type of ride, period. Keep making this park spectacular!

I thought the park could use more high-thrill rides. It was the perfect choice considering size and a realistic budget. It was different to, so that also helped. Next season will mark the first of many top-notch seasons to come.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Saturday, September 29, 2007

David Trust - park spokesperson

Today marks the last operating day of the 2007 season.

And with this season coming to a close, we also say goodbye to Valley Hills' iconic Déjà Vu roller coaster.

14849137903_6d2a500439_o.jpg

It's unfortunate that it had to come to this, but the ride hasn't been in operation since the 2006 season due to mechanical issues.

We here at Valley Hills wish it the best of luck at its new home in China.

14829288255_6cd13d1ce6_o.jpg

Hmmm....what could this mean?

14806291066_969f4db3bc_o.jpg

"Eh!? Jim-boy, that's them flying machines!"

Elsewhere in the park, construction has gone into overdrive!

14642589800_353a7057f0_o.jpg

Chaos had to close early this season due to all the commotion. This must be serious!

14828927852_feca9e6b7b_o.jpg

The Cardinal personal storage facility will be relocated elsewhere next season. Whatever is being built requires a lot of space!!

14642752857_56ee4cf1bc_o.jpg

Hopefully, Cardinal doesn't become frightened by all this commotion. Although, it does live outside.

(Whoa!!! I've said too much!!)

14642635349_a682584198_o.jpg

I don't know, but it sounds a bit pricey. Possibly one of the most costly....

(Ooops!! I just cant keep my mouth shut.)

What is taller than the 175-foot Pulse?

14806300336_37a1765120_o.jpg

I know Millennium Force at our sister park Cedar Point stands 310 feet. That's definitely taller than Pulse.

We've heard the enthusiasts speculation regarding project 2008. Some say Zamperla, others say Vekoma.

14806298746_7e3934b36f_o.jpg

Well, I can assure you all will enjoy this enormous European attraction! Although, this is more close to home.

(Uh-oh! I've done it now!)

.taht fo ytnelp evah lliw 8002 !pop dna elkcarc ,panS

-David Trust

teaser #1...

14849965913_04777549f8_o.png

I like the GateKeeper format for one of the teasers. Fantastic job on this park- taking suit from real parks always makes a park more realistic. For those that don't know the GateKeeper teasers, a banner at Cedar Point in summer 2012 read, "What's taller than Mantis and makes you scream like a Banshee."

Bingo! I'm certain that the new coaster will be a B&M flying coaster. There were rumors that either Vekoma or Zamperla were going to build a coaster. Both companies make flying coasters. In the post, however, it said that the company was a European one close to home. There is a B&M invert at Valley Hills, and B&M is European. They also make flying coasters. That's some compelling evidence!