TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PC/RCT3] Valley Hills

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boomerang? You said throwing us into "another loop".

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, May 25, 1998

Valley Hills Q&A Session

Q: Why is this Batman: The Ride different from the standard model found at other Six Flags parks?

A: Back in 1995, Valley Hills was planning the next big attraction for the park. Originally, a custom built suspended looping coaster from Vekoma was considered. However, during this process Six Flags had made their third offer to purchase Valley Hills. As part of the agreement, Six Flags would need to invest twice as much as originally considered for this coaster. Six Flags has a strong relationship with B&M, and a custom built inverted coaster came to fruition.

Q: What other changes can we expect under the new Six Flags management?

A: Well, we can’t really say much about that. But I can say that food & lightning will receive an upgrade this upcoming season. Uncle Joe’s Churros has already opened, and this season we've added over $750,000 worth of lightning around the park. The park will now come alive at night.

Tom Keystone - regular guest

14094299944_99a4e7b85b_o.jpg

Greetings from Six Flags!

Just last year, Valley Hills was purchased by Six Flags from Premiere Parks. Now Premiere parks has purchased Six Flags. What a quick turn of events.

13907254520_fb8555b629_o.jpg

It has been 8 years since Black Stallion's debut, and she still runs smoothly. I did notice some roughness towards the middle of the train though.

14093848815_ec2d8c0806_o.jpg

Once inside the park I immediately rushed towards Batman: The Ride, and took advantage of the short queue.

13907261510_03c1905780_o.jpg

This truly is an awesome ride! Rumor has it that Batman: The Ride may be featured in the new Golden Ticket Awards as one of the top 20 steel coasters!

14075443456_324edef183_o.png

After two laps on Batman, I snacked on some fries at the Blackwater Lodge. I even picked up this $1 postcard. Neat!

14090639191_21362eff58_o.jpg

RattleSnake is one of my favorite Schwarzkopf roller coasters. RattleSnake has some slick banked turns with some decent airtime. The vertical loop is truly something special. Its forcefulness is comparable to Batman's loop.

14090646421_7f30171e74_o.jpg

Batman: The Ride is now my favorite roller coaster.

13907221999_94edc6540a_o.jpg

Batman's iconic cobra roll from Black Stallion's loading station.

13907238427_402950c869_o.jpg

An excellent steel & wood coaster at my home park. Lucky me!

13907265570_626e2dc9cc_o.jpg

One word to describe Uncle Joe's Churros: DELICIOUS!

14113940103_cd77cb94cb_o.jpg

Mountaineer Wheel experienced a breakdown and closed for the day. I noticed that the closure decrease foot traffic at the Valley Market. It must be a big draw for the small businesses there.

13907253450_022f75de2f_o.jpg

I hadn't ridden Parachute Tower in quite some time, so I gave it a go today. The views have changed so much over the years.

14094303364_bc9c610b1c_o.jpg

The Cobblestone Cafe may be no more, but Allegheny Hall still has a secluded picnic area. It also has great views.

13907222907_542f76f9f8_o.jpg

Kanawha Railway doing it's railway thing. It has that old-school lateral transition at the bottom of the drop. Classic!

13907228587_150f60fd1e_o.jpg

Gladiator & ZER0, through the trees!

14094294364_034ac4bf4a_o.jpg

Ah, Barrel Blast. No trip is ever complete without a spin on this baby. ~pun intended~

14113925113_4882be299b_o.jpg

The ride is not to intense, and not to bland, just the perfect mix of fun. Barrel Blast is semi-enclosed, and always has a cool breeze passing through. It's a great way to beat the heat without getting soaked.

14094293184_690e5db4a7_o.jpg

But whenever I'm looking for a nice & refreshing cool-down, I head over to Wild Waters. Then dry off with a ride on Buccaneer, which is one of my favorite flats ever.

14093859035_8d79a76a55_o.jpg

At around 8:30, the stars came out.

13907283328_cbc23fe91a_o.jpg

Parachute Tower's ridership goes through the roof at night. You can get unparalleled view of the park's lights. It's a sight to see.

14093866005_cec1fca45a_o.jpg

Sun Spin has received a new lightning package this season. The new lime-green lights make this ride glow. Cool!

14095331741_230070d6d3_o.png

Yet another postcard. This one was purchased from Allegheny Hall.

Towering Inferno's new dark-red paint make it looks so sleek at night. Music Box also lights up the midway with its colorful display.

14090753432_8b96be6d98_o.jpg

The line for Kanawha Railway always gets like this after dark. It's no secret that this is a nighttime ride, just like the Beast at Kings Island.

13907243307_1687770b55_o.jpg

I'm not the biggest Gladiator fan, but I cannot deny how photogenic it is.

14070763406_85f81b8ccc_o.jpg

This was quite unexpected; the train came to a near halt on the block brake. The brakes have always kicked-in here, but never this hard.

14113947813_bbdce4b2ae_o.jpg

The train traversed the rest of the course at a lower speed, and the final corkscrew looked like it provided some uncomfortable hang-time.

14113953323_8008b17f20_o.jpg

I was going to stop by GreenBrier Grill on my way out, but there was a sign on the doors. It read:

Sorry for our inconvenience. GreenBrier Grill will be closed until further notice as we are undergoing renovation. We hope we are not throwing you into another loop. Thank you!

There's something to look forward to!

13907253957_6e46fe64ea_o.jpg

Today was another excellent trip at Six Flags Valley Hills.

-Tome Keystone

Edited by JonnyRCT3

I guess it won't be a superman ride if it loops!

I just want to take the time to compliment how awesome your park is! You really have me hooked in. This is overall a great thread, you keep the viewers involved with votes and polls. Another thing I love is how frequent the updates are, we never have to wait to long for a update.

I just want to take the time to compliment how awesome your park is! You really have me hooked in. This is overall a great thread, you keep the viewers involved with votes and polls. Another thing I love is how frequent the updates are, we never have to wait to long for a update.

Rcdb the following: Superman Krypton Coaster, Superman The Ride, Superman- Ultimate Flight, Superman / la Atracción de Acero, Superman Ultimate Flight

I'm not really a huge fan of the "park bought out by Six Flags" storyline since it's been done to death before. I was hoping you'd have some more original ideas, especially considering the park was pretty fun and interesting to follow before the "takeover".

Hopefully you'll add your own little twists to make this park stand out over the thousands of other Six Flags buyout storylines.

- This is gonna be a bit nitpicky, but Six Flags didn't use that red logo until 1999. During the 90s, the logo had a blue background and white flags. It looked a bit more bland back then.

Untitled.png.0d4f8087132a6bb4bd95e80e74fe4f59.png

Your awesome park has inspired my to purchase RCT3 for myself!

Are you planning on releasing any POV's of your rides or making an updated park map?

Edited by Woodie Warrior

JonnyRCT3 here.

IMPORTANT

Today's update is somewhat unfortunate. Valley Hills may be ending sooner than expected. I originally had planned to work on this project until July, but now it will be by the end of May. I will be moving half-way across the country after graduation, and won't have much time to play RCT3. So now I will have to release updates more frequently(possibly every other day). I already have most of the future planned out, and lots of twists and turns are coming! Thank you all for your support!

==========================================================================================================

Hmm.... The phrase "another loop" is thrown in again. Will GreenBrier Grill be replaced by a new looping ride?

GreenBrier Grill is closed for renovation, as mentioned in the PTR.

Thank you. I think conducting polls is a great way to see what real guests would like to see in a park, as opposed to reading peeps thoughts. It has worked out well.

I always try to get at least two updates in every week.

I'm not really a huge fan of the "park bought out by Six Flags" storyline since it's been done to death before. I was hoping you'd have some more original ideas, especially considering the park was pretty fun and interesting to follow before the "takeover".

Hopefully you'll add your own little twists to make this park stand out over the thousands of other Six Flags buyout storylines.

- This is gonna be a bit nitpicky, but Six Flags didn't use that red logo until 1999. During the 90s, the logo had a blue background and white flags. It looked a bit more bland back then.

Originally, I hated the idea of a Six Flags buyout for all parks in general. However, I've added my own little twists to it and I think it will be very interesting & unique to read. Stay tuned.

About the logo issue- I'll touch upon that in the next update.

Your awesome park has inspired my to purchase RCT3 for myself!

Are you planning on releasing any POV's of your rides or making an updated park map?

Wow, thank you. I wanted to try something different from the run-of-the-mill parks around the web. I wanted this to be more of a traditional amusement park with focus on experience not just the "wow" factor.

I doubt I will release any POVs, but I may consider some tracks up for download. Recording in RCT3 is already a pain, plus I don't have time.

Great TR, can you post a map?

Park maps are usually a pain to make, due to me having to crop multiple pictures together with tons of editing. I'll see what I can do.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Yeah It's really sad, just as parks get popular they end. Thanks atari for not making a new RCT game that can handle big parks with lots of CS

The problem isn't CS, it's just that I wont have time to play this as much. I barely have enough time to post this TR.

Monday, August 30, 1999

Devin Smith - park spokesperson.

14146617652_0e502b3e24_o.jpg

New for 1999, Chaos!

14126288816_ffb172e71d_o.jpg

Manufactured by Chance Rides, Chaos provides a three-dimensional rocking, rolling and rotating motion for riders to experience. Quite the thrill!

14146159361_91dfd3a208_o.jpg

Gladiator may not the the 'buzz' of the park anymore, but it still regarded as a solid roller coaster at the park.

13962807079_653fcd0e8e_o.jpg

Gladiator's unique stand up design can't be found anywhere else in the park.

14149489745_75a68a6fdc_o.jpg

Gladiator also has a rich history. It was once regarded as the largest stand up coaster at its debut in 1987.

13962815649_5327fa9fa3_o.jpg

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Gladiator will close forever by the end of the 1999 season, and be relocated at another Six Flags park. All part of the Six Flags ride rotation program. Gladiator has provided millions of thrills during its 12 year run at Valley Hills. Goodbye Gladiator.

Tuesday, November 30, 1999

Charleston Gazette

Looney Tunes head to the Valley

Valley Hills is heading into the new millennium, and promises even more family fun. Three new family attractions are set to open next year at the park, all part of the new Camp Looney Tunes childrens area. According to the park, two of the attractions will be smaller 'flat rides' , returning to the park after extensive refurbishment. The third attraction will be an all new Junior Wooden Roller Coaster. Camp Looney Tunes will occupy the former Gladiator roller coaster site that was recently removed to make way for the childrens area. Six Flags Valley Hills is set to open in May.

14149664835_634293740a_o.png

I wonder where Gladiator will go.....

Gladiator was relocated to another Six Flags park. Although that park may have just put it in storage. Who knows? .-.

Friday, May 12, 2000

Tom Keystone

The new millennium is upon us! Camp Looney Tunes opened to the public today, and is an excellent replacement for Gladiator. Even though it only boasts three rides, the area still manages to be VERY popular with families & children. I don't have any children, but being the credit whore that I am, I decided to check the place out for myself.

14153471541_d7a3336d4e_o.jpg

The forecast called for clear 75°F weather which resulted in an absurdly busy opening day.

14176884413_b2dacd72db_o.jpg

Heading towards Camp Looney Tunes, I immediately noticed the drastic change in the skyline. Gladiator's entrance area still remains, although it's just a smoking area now. I was never a fan of the coaster, and I find this a better use of space to be honest.

14153480381_92b6aa5c9a_o.jpg

The 'camp' is rather small, only boasting two flats and a coaster. But it does have a 'campy' feeling to it. Pictured here is Tweety's Twist, a family carousel ride. Tweety'sTwist is the old Carousel ride that was removed after the 1989 season.

14133627956_f752280f91_o.jpg

Pictured here is Daffy's Deep Sea Adventure, the former Monster attraction that once sat in Barrel Blast's current site. It was removed after the 1992 season. I tried to ride it but it experienced a breakdown around noon.

14156831485_bb3f9ccb9c_o.jpg

The star attraction of Camp Looney Tunes is Road Runner Express.

14133636216_38a48e8073_o.jpg

The coaster is only about 40 feet tall, and boasts a kid-sized first drop. Given its size, it didn't pick up speed until about half-way down.

13970161907_aa849d1a33_o.jpg

After a pair of camelback hills the coaster hurdles under the entrance platform. The coaster may not be large or impressive, but it packs a lot of punch given its small footprint.

13970189460_94e02cc7c6_o.jpg

This is where the coaster hits top speed and provides a good amount of head choppers. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a mild finale on a family coaster.

14153492741_6ab7ba0ea4_o.jpg

The ride was smooth, even more so than Black Stallion. The first drop was okay, the camelbacks were drawn out and provided near-floater g's, and there was a bit of force during the turns. All-in-all this is one well-rounded family coaster.

14156971454_929ed2eb7b_o.jpg

After experiencing Camp Looney Tunes I noticed that the former Gladiator Goodies shop had been transformed into Bugs' Boutique It sells Looney Tunes merchandise and 'Porky the Pig' ham sandwiches. Weird.

Vortex still remains unchanged even though all the Gladiator inspired theming is gone. Laziness perhaps?

13970178228_117b0a8f83_o.jpg

The temperature just kept rising so I ended up taking a splash on Wild Waters (pun intended). The shady queue did little to help with the 40% humidity.

14156973554_bd0a295795_o.jpg

Around nightfall I headed back over to Road Runner Express.

14153500911_3ff4f68891_o.jpg

Daffy's Deep Sea Adventure had re-opened with some really cool green lights. The ride op even had everyone play some type of game where the winner could get a re-ride. It's great to see Six Flags focus on the customer's experience.

14153503141_7b14b6cbee_o.jpg

Road Runner Express is definitely a back-seat coaster. It gave some decent floater over the hills, and the finale is solid. Custom Coasters International can make some excellent family coasters.

Bonus Material!

After going through some old junk, I came across an old souvenir map from 1998. Enjoy!

13970737238_0f0af06a3e_o.png

-Tome Keystone

Yay! Thanks for the map!

Your welcome!

You can bet that there is going to be an expansion in that area between Blackwater falls and Zer0.

Only time will tell...

You can bet that there is going to be an expansion in that area between Blackwater falls and Zer0.

Maybe a Waterpark? Remember Premier Parks/Six Flags were big on waterparks around that time.

Lets see what happens. It could just end up being a back-lot

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Tuesday, August 1, 2000

Max Sherman - intern

Max Sherman here today. I'm a newly hired intern here at Six Flags Valley Hills. I have been following this blog for months and jumped at the first opportunity I had to run this blog (temporarily). Anyways, today's post will be a blast from the past! Many of you may already know of the famous Sun Spin attraction. It has been at the Valley for quite some time now. Here is a little behind the scenes look of the ride. Sun Spin opened to the public on May 10, 1985 as part of Valley Hills final year of the redevelopment process. The ride was announced February 3rd, 1985 for an estimated cost of $400,000 USD.

Ground clearing began in March, and was done within an hour. After about two days of site prep the foundations were poured.

14172861922_5228172bd5_o.jpg

The ride was erected in less than seven days, with testing beginning eight days later. All-in-all, Sun Spin was completed in less than a month.

14175522665_4a99e7c442_o.jpg

Sun Spin is decorated with over 500 LED lights, and has been providing thrills for over a decade.

13988938087_3d31a89622_o.jpg

Anyways, well ermmm.... I'm not supposed to say this but Six Flags Valley Hills has recently re-launched their website. It can be found here;

WWW.SIXFLAGSVALLEYHILLS.COM

Apparently, this isn't the only thing they've been keeping under wraps....

Friday, October 13, 2000

Six Flags Valley Hills stunned the theme park world today by unveiling plans to erect an unprecedented two new monster roller coasters, that promise to stretch the limits of thrills for the 2001 season. "Today's announcement is record breaking and history making for Six Flags Valley Hills," said Devin Smith, park spokesperson. "Never before has Six Flags Valley Hills added two world-class roller coasters in the same season. The introduction of these rides thrusts the park's coaster count to an astounding 8."

Headlining this year's unparalleled additions is the man of steel's very own Superman: Ultimate Escape. Powered by state-of-the-art Linear Induction Motors (LIM's), Superman: Ultimate Escape challenges conventional thrills by boldly going higher and faster. Originally developed for use by NASA, the rides' LIMs harness magnetic power to provide pure acceleration, launching riders at 71 mph in less than four seconds. Superman: Ultimate Escape rockets suspended riders through 659 feet of U-shaped, as the TALLEST & FASTEST inverted roller coaster in the world.

Once fired out of the station, the vehicle rockets up a 200-foot spiral tower providing the ultimate techno-twist. After traversing the first peak, the guests swoop backward through the station and up a second, 200-foot spiral tower. Superman: Ultimate Escape will be the FIRST & ONLY double-twisting impulse coaster in the world! The ride repeats twice with riders going vertical three times to the front and two times to the back of the track. At the completion of the powerful & fast journey, guests will have ridden over 2,700 feet of steel on the one and only Superman: Ultimate Escape

Complementing Superman: Ultimate Escape is yet another powerhouse thrill machine, Déjà Vu, one of the first of its kind in the world. Déjà Vu is a twin thrill machine with tight pulsating curves and inclines that will turn the heads of even the most avid thrill seeker.

Suspended in a single ski-lift style train, guests climb a 194-foot tower at a 90-degree angle using "cable-lift" technology. Déjà Vu pulls passengers up the tower faster and quieter than conventional chain lifts. Thrill seekers then plummet straight down and face down at 65.6 mph through a 110-foot high boomerang turn and over the outside of a 102-foot vertical loop. The train then lifts up a second 194-foot tower using the cable lift system. Once the vehicle has reached the top, guests will be released and then travel the entire course again... backwards.

Scheduled to open in spring, both coasters are currently under construction. "This year the thrills at Six Flags Valley Hills will be unmatched," Smith concluded. "In 2001, Six Flags Valley Hills will take our guests farther and faster than ever before in this grand Six Flags tradition."

ref: http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/new01/sf_v2/v2_pr_sfgam.shtml

Concept art

14191150351_0e912697e2_o.png

14194377884_024868f055_o.png

-Valley Hills

www.SixFlagsValleyHills.com

Edited by JonnyRCT3