TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PC/RCT3] Valley Hills

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devin Smith - park spokesperson

Yes! B&M invert! It better be forceful though.

Rest assure SFGAmFan1976, Batman: The Ride will provide up to +4 Gs.

Maybe it will be named Batman with that sign of the building. Maybe it's Gotham city

Yes, Batman: The Ride and the scrambler (soon to be re-themed) will occupy the all new Gotham Plaza in 1997.

My guess is Batman.

Also correct.

I have a feeling you are adding an SLC just to surprise us

It was at one point going to be a Vekoma based roller coaster.

Highly reccomend you use this before you reveal your next update.

( JRCT3: I've actually tried this, but I could never get it to work properly. I kept having crash issues. )

I'd be surprised if this is a B&M. In reality, during this time, Premier was installing SLCs to all their smaller parks. I'm waiting for the Boomerang to show up.

The original plans called for a custom built Vekoma SLC, however, Six Flags came into the picture half-way into the planning. Eventually, it ended up being a B&M inverted roller coaster, due to Six Flags history with the company.

I think in the last picture it is pretty clear that it is a B&M track

You are correct gecomet92, Batman: The Ride will be manufactured by the Swiss based Bolliger & Mabillard.

Not the Cobblestone Cafe!!! I guess it's too late for me to chain myself to the building.

The decision to remove Cobbestone Cafe was no easy choice rustyinpeace. However, the ever-growing park needs to expand and we must do what is necessary to ensure a strong future.

I'm surprised Cobblestone Cafe was taken out before Greenbrier Grill. Also, I'm guessing this somewhat limits the parks food selection now, so I'm wondering if we will also be seeing a new eatery coming soon?

Uncle Joe's Churros will be making its permanent debut next season, alongside Batman: The Ride. The menu will offer a variety of different treats; including churros and Pepsi soft drinks.

Add a Chick-Fil-A!

(JRCT3: Neva! )

-Devin Smith

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Saturday, November 2, 1996

Charleston Gazette

Change comes to Valley Hills

Valley Hills Amusement Park announced plans today to build a new state of the art roller coaster for the parks 25TH anniversary. Named, BATMAN: THE RIDE, themed after the DC comic superhero Batman. BATMAN: THE RIDE will take the roller coaster experience to the next generation with its new state-of-the-art inverted trains, where riders will be suspended beneath the track with nothing below them. The unique inverting trains will fly through multiple high speed turns and helices, including a total of six inverting elements. BATMAN: THE RIDE is manufactured by the world-renowned Bolliger & Mabillard and is a $11.5 million investment for the park.

BATMAN: THE RIDE will be the tallest inverted coaster on the east coast at 125 feet. The inverted roller coaster reaches speeds of up to 55 mph during its 3800+ foot course. The ride will feature two unique interactive elements and will be located in the all new Gotham Plaza section of the park. The current Scrambler attraction will be incorporated into the Gotham Plaza and will sport an all new color scheme and name for 1997. Across from the Gotham Plaza will be an all new eatery for the park. Uncle Joe’s Churros will be making its permanent debut at Valley Hills after it’s immense popularity at the Valley Market.

BATMAN: THE RIDE and Uncle Joe’s Churros won’t be the only change to come to Valley Hills in 1997. Six Flags Theme Parks, Inc. finalized deals last Tuesday, to purchase the amusement park for approximately $50,000,000 (fifty million USD). The park plans to open under a new Six Flags title next year.

Devin Smith - park spokesperson

14075544593_e21ba6a6ed_o.jpg

It's official, Batman: The Ride will be making its debut next season as the tallest inverted coaster on the east coast.

14032393236_d8558f017c_b.jpg

The record breaking lift hill and the drop have already been constructed. Up next is the 360° vertical loop.

14075548463_6789b54211_o.jpg

The station (under construction) will feature a unique inverting station fly-over.

14052331542_0e1e18e826_o.jpg

For all the 'in the know' enthusiasts, Batman: The Ride will feature two trains for a total hourly capacity of 1,100 riders.

14052339431_26f700b09a_o.jpg

The 125 foot tall lift hill will provide a scenic view of the natural scenery.

-Devin Smith

Valley Hills 1997 name survey!

Survey closed.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

That looks awesome.

I'm impressed on how well this turned out as well. The original concept and layout looked nothing like this.

I recommend to use the Batman Custom Track by cinapaes on your Batman ride. Or will it be custom?

This will be the first custom B&M invert for Six Flags.

I don't know what I'm happier about: Uncle Joe's Churros or Batman: the Ride. I think it's the churros!

I would like to thank you for this. You're the one who first brought up the churros. I rolled the dice and just went with it.

I would like to thank you all for your comments and input on this park.

This is only the beginning...

Opening day Photo TR coming soon!

Survey is now closed.

Are you changing the name of the park. I like Valley Hills.

^ Yes, he is changing the name, I voted for Six Flags Valley Hills. I would hate to have another name. Valley Hills just seems right for a park like that.

The official new name will be announced in the next update. Which will most likely be tomorrow.

Why is Batman Blue? Batman coasters at this point were Black

The colors are based from the older DCAU Batsuit, which are blue, grey ,and yellow.

Friday, May 9, 1997

Tom Keystone - coaster enthusiast

Today was the 25th opening day for Valley Hills amusement park, now known as Six Flags Valley Hills. Batman: The Ride has joined the parks coaster lineup as the longest inverted coaster on the east, at 1177 meters. Lets take a look...

13890596799_6cb0e6d3db_o.jpg

It's official, Valley Hills is now part Six Flags Theme Parks, Inc.

13890611967_6aa4e0683f_o.jpg

There it is!

14077695754_096b112cab_o.jpg

Batman: The Ride boasts an impressive cobra roll that complements the entrance to Gotham Plaza.

13890608347_6759f016e7_o.jpg

Riders being pulled up the 125.8' lift, crossing the creek--

14084642994_6a44d92ffe_o.jpg

--then skyrocketing down and then through the powerful vertical loop.

13897541927_6eb638892e_o.jpg

The zero-G roll over the station has a nice visual appearance, and complements the plaza well. It's also great to ride, with its relentless 360° roll.

13897543917_e3a9d2f458_o.jpg

The second half is a completely different experience from the opening act. Therein lies a strikingly powerful helix, followed by a carousel turn that leads into the final wing over corkscrew. I'm assuming the helix & cobra is where the +4.4 G figure comes from. Those two elements are insanely forceful.

13890635390_5480c688c6_o.jpg

Batman: The Ride is only my second ever B&M coaster, and I still can't get over how comfy these trains are. Comfort must be key with a coaster this intense.

14074040931_775c0fd325_o.jpg

Gotham Plaza also has a more tame attraction, Catwoman's Whip.

*sign will be fixed later

14074022791_279f42b508_o.jpg

The transformation from Scrambler to Catwoman's Whip is quite stunning. The ride has received an all new entrance, queue & color scheme. The seats must have been replaced as well, they were really comfortable.

13890621177_7c5ce80f37_o.jpg

Catwoman's Whip may be tame, but at least it has a great view of Batman!

13890610587_01c5d1a5a8_o.jpg

Yes! Uncle Joe's Churros has made it's permanent stay at Six Flags Valley Hills!

14097293803_bbb1b59117_o.jpg

Thanks to separate order and retrieving booths; I wont have to wait in a huge line just for my strawberry shortcake Churros anymore. They now offer their full menu and even sell donuts. The added gardening really helps it feel secluded and off-set from the rest of the midway. Is this Six Flags' answer to Cobblestone Cafe?

13890631077_640a3b0b6a_o.jpg

The name-stealing Joe's hot dogs is in Uncle Joe's Churros' previous booth. The hot dogs were dry and overpriced. I don't believe this one will be sticking around much longer.

14077247205_c30a59660f_o.jpg

Blackwater Falls was open today, big surprise there, it usually doesn't open until the second week of June. It must be due to the increased attendance, but it was only 75° F

14054140496_d2454a5db9_o.jpg

"Great fish & chips!" That's the motto at Blackwater Lodge, where you can enjoy freshwater fish served with a side of fries. All while watching the big splashdown. It's almost like dinner and a movie.

Well, sorta...

14081074651_cd05fab7ed_o.jpg

It looks like the wealth was spread out a bit during this 25th anniversary celebration, as Towering Inferno received a brand new paint job. I'm really liking this darker red, as opposed to the light red, which was becoming increasingly pale(nearly pink).

14097290783_b6269b7a83_o.jpg

Some may find it quite odd that Six Flags Valley Hills has two drop rides. ZER0 provides a monumental amount of anticipation, followed by a relentless free fall. While Towering Inferno has a more modest ascend followed by a unorthodox drop style. They may seem similar, but they both ride completely different.

14077234435_1615f077a6_o.jpg

I'm not the biggest Gladiator fan, but I still felt sorry for it today. Usually it has a 30-40 minute wait. Batman: The Ride seems to have stole its thunder, because the longest line I saw was 10 minutes. I'm glad the GP are finally understanding how bland this coaster is. I'm so sick of the over-hype.

(rant over)

14077697024_4fbc9cb4a4_o.jpg

I find the soaring carousel turn the only part of Batman: The Ride where I could take a breather. I find it a great way to break up the intense elements.

13890629677_1f28425b29_o.jpg

Encase you didn't know, Six Flags now calls the shots.

13890642730_cf2a304573_o.jpg

I saw a lot of these banners around the park today.

14097277283_33c73d2484_o.jpg

The roller coaster passes over and flies by the plaza many times with it's deafening roar. It's neat how much interaction this ride has with Gotham Plaza.

13890646300_3f9133d219_o.jpg

This coaster is truly gigantic. You can get a true sense of scale from Kid Town.

14054104676_d0e223c287_o.jpg

I leave you with this photo the park released from yesterday's media day. Enjoy!

-Tom Keystone

BATMAN: THE RIDE Q&A SESSION

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Just curious.... what was "your first B&M" if Batman was your second?

Tom's first beemer was Vortex at Carowinds in 1994.

I just have to say. I have been reading this thread for a while but never posted, but this is one of the best parks on the forum. How bad is the lag for this park? I can barely build a quarter of the available land and it lags really bad.

I had to completely remove shadows & AA for it to run and not crash. It's only super-laggy when I enable reflective water, especially at night.

It runs smoothly during the day, without reflective water. So it's all good.

At 125ft, It's not the tallest inverted coaster on the East Coast, This is

At 195ft

Touche. But at the time of announcement it would of been. It's still the longest, it can still claim that at least.

I wonder what's next for Valley Hills (I'm going to call it Valley Hills no matter what the name is)

I concur.

I have a feeling that next year there might be something big and red in the skyline

Superman: Ride of Steel. NEW FOR 1999!!

Just kidding....or am I?

I hope I'm not throwing you into another loop.

Was that another reference or hint of some kind? What is life? What is pizza? Why are you still reading this message? Oh, that's because you wan't to see if you can uncover some clue regarding the validity of that statement. Well, continue to read on because what your looking for, you cannot find. Or is this a secret message that needs decoded? Could this paragraph be a hint of some-kind? Since you've continued to read this far, I will ask you: does 1+1 always equal 2? What would Superman think of this? I like pizza. Pizza is good. I don't prefer pineapples though. Why are you still reading? Oh that's right, the question. Now I'll answer it- Superman: Ride of Steel. NEW FOR 1999!! Just kidding....or am I? I hope I'm not throwing you into another loop.