TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New B&M FAMILY coaster at Happy Valley Shanghai!

It will features Banshee harness but without the vest. Aka... Lap-bars!

I hope that means their next step will be extending those to all their rides

To me, personally, I think it looks odd because I'm used to seeing smaller coaster use small track. And with B&M's bulkier track style, it seem odd. Not that its a bad thing in any way, just out of the norm.

That's what I thought too. If the track were smaller, it wouldn't look so odd. Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought too. If the track were smaller, it wouldn't look so odd. Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

But then again, no need to redesign the track, when the current style will work just fine, haha. I bet this will be one of the highest capacity family coaster.

Here's a photo of the train. Credit: RCD.

I made that in paint. It is a Bansee train, that I modified.

Here is the one I made. This was made as PURE speculation, and was not released by the park or B&M.

1888450_10201887518531764_294030900_n.jpg

Here's the thread I made on another forum, with the post of this photo from March 9th.

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29061-happy-valley-in-china-to-get-b-ms-first-family-inverted-coaster/

I'm actually quite curious to see how B&M's first train that seats two across (I'm not counting their new hyper trains) will look like.

I hope it doesn't look too weird because of the wide track.

Oh! I forgot steel dragon's new trains.... (and those do look odd)

I love it how a lot of people in the community were so quick to think that it was actually the new train... People will believe anything! It's definitely a good Paint job and I think it would be cool if they did look like that...

Also, to give you an idea, Anaconda, a Giovanola ride, uses two-across trains with large B&M track.

Outdated photo.

Well, we don't even know if it will be two or four across seating yet. I know its a smaller coaster, but we don't know what the Park ordered. As well, B&M may not even have a two across seating design available. So it might even be cheaper for the park to just take the normal four across instead of designing a new train.

It's safe to say that some modifications will have to be made to the current train designs unless they want their new family coaster to have a height requirement of 54 inches. At the least, we might see it in the harnesses and most definitely in the seats, but if they do two abreast the modifications shouldn't be to hard to make. I can see a new/modified harness (an OTSR shouldn't be necessary for this ride, maybe lapbar of some sort), and maybe something to the seats to make them more accommodating to younger children. I know that really the height requirement on inverts kicks in on the seats; I witnessed a girl almost get turned away on Goliath at SFFT because although she was 54", her legs stuck straight out in front of her and she couldn't bend her knees so her feet could dangle below (legs were too short.) They managed to rectify the issue and she rode. Long story short, something HAS to be done to the seats. For all we know, B&M may not be involved with the trains at all.

Does B&M still manufacture their own Trains or does Stakotra or someone else?

Can't remember the name of it, but there is a factory in France they are using.

Thanks _Koppen! I guess that leaves Mack, Gerstlauer, Zamperla, Vekoma, and Maurer as the only ones that Manufacturer their own trains?

Thanks _Koppen! I guess that leaves Mack, Gerstlauer, Zamperla, Vekoma, and Maurer as the only ones that Manufacturer their own trains?

I know that Maurer uses Stakotra for their X-car trains (at least they used to), they may produce their smaller vehicles themselves though.

I think Vekoma may outsource some of their newer trains as well, at least that's what I remember from when I read about the Battlestar Galactica accident. Vekoma blamed the manufacturer for the seat loosening, and the manufacturer blamed Vekoma's specifications.