TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New B&M FAMILY coaster at Happy Valley Shanghai!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photos from RCD.

Already clarified this is indeed a B&M coaster, not a knock-off.

Looks like it would be similar to the Vekoma one and it's far less than 1000m. Why didn't Happy Valley go for Vekoma and bought this from B&M? Does it mean B&M is tired of competing with Intamin and started to compete with vekoma type of manufacturers? Just kidding.

image.jpg.88cfc097ab28c957a304bbe37ae5a90f.jpg

image.jpg.f6c75f893521fec68c8c4880f71eff46.jpg

image.jpg.e17b97ec18897c56a4e3d4209e81b759.jpg

image.jpg.4e484181b9ef2ae5d5d79cf7b2fb856b.jpg

I think its cool that there are more "quality family coasters" being built. I enjoyed Kvasten when it opened, and it was awesome to see all the kids coming off the ride with huge grins on their faces and the first thing they did was to run straight back in line. I have no doubt that both kids and adults will enjoy this just as much.

Yes we are.

And from HZGarfield again (the one that told us it would be a B&M), we learn that it will have a steeper drop than the Vekoma version (Oziris style), and a pop of air before the brakes.

EDIT :

RCDB has updated the ride entry:

Single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders.

Yes we are.

And from HZGarfield again (the one that told us it would be a B&M), we learn that it will have a steeper drop than the Vekoma version (Oziris style), and a pop of air before the brakes.

EDIT :

Single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders.

I'm stil not a believer, because the train arrangement is the same as Kvasten.

For me this will be a Vekoma and not a B&M. I need pics of the train as proof or other track pieces.

Are we sure this is one and the same coaster? Isn't this park getting a Vekoma and a B&M?

Yes this is 100% a B&M coaster and the park is not getting another one any time soon. Photos are preparing to be posted but not ready yet.

Yes we are.

EDIT :

I'm stil not a believer, because the train arrangement is the same as Kvasten.

For me this will be a Vekoma and not a B&M. I need pics of the train as proof or other track pieces.

EDIT :

I've ready sent part of blueprint(Sorry Blueprint is a secret and cannot be released) to Duane, so he made the Train arrangement

EDIT: I Filmed a "POV" of this Track

Edited by TetsuneSonic

Interesting to see a B&M Family coaster, hopefully its as good as the Vekomas.

^^^ Even though it may seem like B&M doesn't build 2 across trains they have built a couple such as the new trains on Steel Dragon 2000 and the old Pysclone B&M wooden trains. They just have not put a two across seating on this track yet (excluding the staggered seating hypers which are really 4 across seating spread out)

Steel Dragon 2000

Pysclone

I found an interesting link on my Facebook wall today. I know it's a different coaster model and all, but China is trying to capitalize on knocking off the best in the industry. At this point, I can still see this being a knockoff since it's a mirror clone of a competitor's ride.

Click Here

Has anyone been by the track plant lately? Maybe someone can snoop around the entrance to see if any shiny blue track has showed up out of nowhere.

Has anyone been by the track plant lately? Maybe someone can snoop around the entrance to see if any shiny blue track has showed up out of nowhere.

Park Manager said both track and supports are from Clermont Steel Fabricators(Well-Known B&M Factory at Batavia)。So I hope some pic from there

^^Isn't that one of the companies that got booted from IAAPA last year for knocking off established companies?

The amount of recognizable rides they offer is unreal: http://www.china-sbl.com/eng/ProductList.aspx?m=20120801130251077488 I kind of laughed that they have a topple tower knock-off when even the originals never worked.

^^Isn't that one of the companies that got booted from IAAPA last year for knocking off established companies?

The amount of recognizable rides they offer is unreal: http://www.china-sbl.com/eng/ProductList.aspx?m=20120801130251077488 I kind of laughed that they have a topple tower knock-off when even the originals never worked.

The knock-off Topple Tower was SBNO for three years as well. Never opened.