TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flight Deck [NL2]

So I think I'm really starting to get the hang of this, I had a go at importing a Sketch Up model which took ages to get right and I tried my hand at some more supports.

This is Flight Deck a S&S 4D coaster it features 4040 ft of track, reaching a height of 217 ft, gaining speeds of 65 MPH. Flight Deck Vertical G forces range from -1.2 to 5.3 and its lateral G forces range from 1.1 to -0.5.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Thanks For Watching!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad. I'm happy to see someone actually making a 4D coaster in NL2 for a change, it seems like the least popular of the new coaster styles. One thing that irks me though is the way the seats are inclined forwards during the lift.

Now you have mentioned it is really bugging me haha, I completely overlook how awkward it would be to stuck like that whilst going up the lift hill.

Now I've had the chance to look at it a bit more, I feel like some of the transitions in the ride were a bit quick, for example, the way the seats rotate during the first half zero-g roll thing (I'm not quite sure the name of that element), it feels like they rotated a bit too quick. Also on the bit where the track connects to the final brake run, it seems like it just "snaps on" instead of smoothly flowing into it (don't know how well I explained that).

Now I've had the chance to look at it a bit more, I feel like some of the transitions in the ride were a bit quick, for example, the way the seats rotate during the first half zero-g roll thing (I'm not quite sure the name of that element), it feels like they rotated a bit too quick. Also on the bit where the track connects to the final brake run, it seems like it just "snaps on" instead of smoothly flowing into it (don't know how well I explained that).

Thanks a lot for all the feedback I really do appreciate it. I can see what you mean about the seats rotating quite quickly in that area I also thought that at the time, when I ran it through in slow mode the lateral G's seemed to be alright though I think it maxed out at about 0.8G on that part. I also understand your issue with the final element, funnily enough I had the same kind of issue, I worked for a while to make it seem a little less rigid. Once again the lateral G's all pretty much checked out but ill defiantly have a look at improving that area a bit more.

Once again thanks for your criticism, its really useful to know where people think I'm going wrong.