TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR New Front Page In Development!

Which version of the new TPR Front Page do you like better?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the new TPR Front Page do you like better?

• Option 1
    • Option 2

So, let me ask another question....

Those of you who voted for Option 1, for example, could you live with Option 2? And vice-versa if you voted for Option 2?

I guess what I'm asking is there anyone who voted for one option over the other because they felt VERY STRONGLY against the other one?

--Robb

For me, neither was a deal breaker. I voted for option 1 because it just looked better to me. I found the large image at the top of option 2 just seemed to demand too much of my attention, but it wasn't like the page design was terrible.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Hmm... I'm wondering if what you're seeing is because in Safari the scrolls bars on the bottom part disappear until you start to scroll? I'm not actually sure I can do anything about that.

Safari scroll bars with a Magic Mouse are barely visible(when on screen at all), as well as on iOS devices.

So, let me ask another question....

Those of you who voted for Option 1, for example, could you live with Option 2? And vice-versa if you voted for Option 2?

I guess what I'm asking is there anyone who voted for one option over the other because they felt VERY STRONGLY against the other one?

--Robb

For me, neither was a deal breaker. I voted for option 1 because it just looked better to me. I found the large image at the top of option 2 just seemed to demand too much of my attention, but it wasn't like the page design was terrible.

Same here. I voted for option 1 because I just liked it better than 2 (the large image was a bit much for me), but I could certainly live with either option. Neither are terrible in my opinion.

As everyone else has said, they're both improvements to the original site. I just like option 1 a bit more because of the social media sidebar versus a larger front picture. But I'll be happy to see either. I'm also glad you're asking us about these options rather than forcing a complete website overhaul on users that's impossible to navigate *cough* RCDB *cough*.

I'm also glad you're asking us about these options rather than forcing a complete website overhaul on users that's impossible to navigate *cough* RCDB *cough*.

I for one think the new RCDB site is more user friendly and modern. But to each his own

I still think Option 1 is better because the slideshow on Option 2 is too enormous and distracting.

I'm also glad you're asking us about these options rather than forcing a complete website overhaul on users that's impossible to navigate *cough* RCDB *cough*.

I for one think the new RCDB site is more user friendly and modern. But to each his own

Can we please keep this discussion about the TPR changes? Thanks.

As of today, the front page has been updated! There are still some bugs we need to sort out, but for right now, the best way to go about finding and fixing some of them is by having it live and people using it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support!

--Robb

There are a few major bugs still left to fix:

- High res photos for the "random update" section

- Limiting the recent update columns to the past 20 updates. (right now they like scroll about 100 of them!)

- The Featured video YouTube box is still a little wonky

- The "Join the Mailing List" link is off-center

Edited by robbalvey

Generally when a website that has the same layout for a long time changes things up everyone hates it since it's unfamiliar. To have everyone like a new layout on the first day it's launched is a major accomplishment. Kudos to you.

Personally I agree with everyone else, it looks great!

Looks great on my end! I like the fact that it's a visual evolution instead of a complete revolution.

The only thing that 'bugs' me ( ) is that the Twitter feed and the Theme Park News stories don't line up perfectly. It's definitely a minor thing, so it's not a big concern by any means, but I just wanted to point that out.

Keep up the great work!