TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR New Front Page In Development!

Which version of the new TPR Front Page do you like better?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the new TPR Front Page do you like better?

• Option 1
    • Option 2

Hey TPR!

Many of you may remember THIS THREAD we did a while back which was a contest on a re-design of TPR's front page. Like many other things, it became a "back burner" project and something we worked on slowly over the last couple of years as, yes, we realize we need to bring our 1990s looking front page up to at LEAST 2004!

Unlike other websites that just go *BAM* HERE'S A NEW FRONT PAGE! DEAL WITH IT!!! TPR is all about our members and before we go making any radical changes, we like to get you guys involved. After all, this site wouldn't be what it is without all of you, and I feel strongly that you all play a very important role in TPR.

That being said, I'd like you all to take a look at the following two options:

Option 1: http://www.themeparkreview.com/index_new1.php

Option 2: http://www.themeparkreview.com/index_new2.php

Please VOTE for which you like the best, and MOST IMPORTANT, please comment below WHY you voted for the option you did.

A couple of things to note, and please READ this before making comments:

- The front pages still have a few bugs. Please report that if you see something, but at the moment we aren't *looking* for bugs, we are more looking for overall design, placement of things to click on, layouts, functionality, etc, and in general if people "like" it.

- The content on these pages are placeholder and will be updated to be current once we decide on a final layout.

- Any "low-res" images will eventually be replaced with higher res ones, so please, no need to mention that.

- This is not a "mobile friendly" page, and while you're welcome to comment about what it looks like on a mobile platform, at the moment we are focusing on the desktop/tablet page and then will develop (maybe) a mobile version based on that.

- While we are collecting votes, that does not necessarily mean the most popular vote will be the page decided on. We still have some development to do, and we need to figure out what will be best for TPR. End of the day your written feedback is what is MOST IMPORTANT so please be sure to comment below!

Please post your comments here a THANK YOU for your feedback!

--Robb Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I chose option 1 because I like the twitter feed on the page. I've always been a fan of twitter feeds on pages since twitter can be such of a beast anyway so it's nice to have a TPR focused twitter feed right on the main page.

Ditto what others have said. The photo losing some size makes the page shorter, and allows us to see some of the posts without having to scroll a bit. I can see four (4) rows of posts instead of two (2) on Option 2, will depend on resolution, but every bit helps). The twitter feed can allow a casual user to view major updates (and provide another link to hot button issues on the forums).

EDIT* One thing that may prove helpful with the slideshow aspect of the page is a pause button. Just an idea, hope it helps!

Edited by bbomser

Option One is my favorite because it gives me a quick view of the most recent updates. Having the Twitter Feed allows me to maybe catch something as its happening, and having the Official TPR Updates and News & Updates sections visible without scrolling (at least on my laptop) is a convenient touch to instantly see new things upon arrival. If option two ends up being selected, I will not be upset one bit as both are a nicer and cleaner updated version of the current homepage.

Pretty cool that we are building for the future of TPR by using everyone's input. Keep up the good work!

Love option 1! The Tweet function is awesome and gives a nice overview of what's happening with TPR on social media platforms! What I find a little bit unhandy is the scrolling down of the page. It might be a MacBook problem but when using my touch pad and I scroll down it automatically stops at the parks and updates threads and scrolls down there. It's only a small thing and probably only the issue of how I use my MacBook. Despite that, THUMBS UP!

Option 1. I like the Twitter feed. You guys use twitter daily, it's a good way to check your feed without having to be on Twitter itself. I also like the smaller area for the rotating pictures. It looks less bulky when placed with the twitter feed.

Option 2 is my pick because it puts the spotlight on what the big top stories are which is as it should be. I'm not saying a Twitter feed of some kind doesn't belong on the front page, but I don't think where it is in option 1 is the place for it. That home page in option 2 is a great showroom for amazing hi-res photo and videos which look their best in the larger size option #2 has them in. Shrinking them for the sake of a twitter feed is too high a cost. Put all that awesome detail on display the biggest and best way that it can be shown.

I prefer Option #1, simply for the fact that all the front page's sections are visible in the viewing window, with no need to immediately scroll down to see the most current content. Well done!

Edited by wrs28330

Option 1. I can see more front page content without having to scroll down. Also, I don't use Twitter myself, but I can see how a lot of people would benefit from having the feed on the front page.

A slight bug: When the YouTube video cycles through you aren't able to click the left or right arrows to advance the slide show. Also, when you go to watch the video the cycle doesn't stop - it cuts to the next photo while the video is still playing.

A slight bug: When the YouTube video cycles through you aren't able to click the left or right arrows to advance the slide show. Also, when you go to watch the video the cycle doesn't stop - it cuts to the next photo while the video is still playing.

yes, we are aware of this.