TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which rides have given you greyouts?

Have you ever experienced a greyout or even a full blackout? If so, which were the rides that gave you one. I've had two, the first one was when I was riding nitro for the first time. I was sitting in the third row and during the helix I got a slight greyout. The second one was on one of my rides on skyrush, on the turn after the first airtime hill, I was sitting somewhere in the middle. What about you?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had slight greyouts on Millennium Force at the bottom of the first drop and Nitro in the helix. They're a little more significant on i305.

Personally I don't care for them, but I just close my eyes if they start to bother me.

Edited by coasterbill

Millenium Force after the first drop

Mantis after the first loop

Sheikra and Kumba slightly

Every single ride at Knott's Berry Farm (We had spent the day rock climbing in the desert in 118 degree weather so we were all a little dehydrated)

The only ride on which I've ever grayed out is I305. The effect lasts from the bottom of the first drop to the top of the next hill.

I don't think I've had a ride on i305 without greying out. Other than that I don't think I've greyed out on any other roller coaster. I used to see stars when going through BLST helix.

Sheikra and Kumba slightly

While I don't remember greying out on Kumba, I do know it's the only roller coaster that left me disoriented.

The only greyouts I've had are on I-305 on the turn after the first drop and Titan on the helix near the end.

The only blackouts I've had were from too much alcohol in my younger days.

The first time I rode Goliath at SFMM I greyed out slightly on the helix and the on the first loop in Viper at SFMM. I was in the front and I was bit expecting the sudden force of the loop and I greyed out a little

In car 5 of Vortex at Kings Island 3 of my friends and I greyed out in the middle of the Double Loop. That's only happened to us in that specific car, anywhere else on the ride we're all fine.

Each of these coasters, every time I've ridden, I gray out in these places:

Sheikra (BGT) - bottom of first drop into the inversion (never happened on any of my Griffon rides though)

Nitro (SFGAdv) - helixes towards the end... big time, every time

i305 - most of the first part of the ride, haha, but love it!

Bizarro (SFNE) - helixes before the tunnel at the end

Goliath & Titan (SFMM & SFOT) - upward helixes

The most intense ones for me were i305 and Nitro. I don't mind it though, I really like intense coasters and even the crazy flats.

Laser at Dorney Park

I305 at Kings Dominion

Nitro (in the helix) when I ride it while a little dehydrated.

I'm sure there are other coasters where it occurred to me when I was dehydrated but I can't recall.

I-305 and Goliath (MM) both made me grey out consistently. Millenium Force and Ride of Steel used to but not so much anymore.

All were caused by a high-speed turn or helix. I find that turning your head and looking in the direction of where the turn is leading to helps prevent greying out

A couple roller coasters have made me see stars like Ninja SFMM, Nemesis Inferno and Nemesis, but the three main ones where I have really genuinely lost vision significantly are:

Silver Bullet: Helix before brake run

Batman SFMM: Both loops and the helix coming out of the second loop

Goliath SFMM: The helix

Tatsu: Bottom of the pretzel loop

Have greyed out on Le.Vampire (BTR clone) during the helix, and on the vertical loop on Skyrider at Canada's Wonderland.

Seems that rides where I think I'll grey if it's my first ever ride don't bother me, but the ones that look quite tame usually catch me off guard.

Goliath at SFMM was the first.

I-305 during the New Hotness tour in 2012 made me just about black out. I was really dehydrated that day, so I only took 2 rides on it. This year, I rode it about 10 times during Coasting for Kids, and greyed out every time, but not as bad as the previous year. It's my #2 steel now.