TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which rides have given you greyouts?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i-305. In 50 rides, I greyed out every time and three times REALLY greyed out so much that i missed the first third of the ride. It was awesome . Hands down my most favorite coaster in the world. I have slightly greyed out in the double loop on KI's Vortex in seat 5 also as a previous poster claimed. But nothing like the grey outs on i-305.

The worst gray out by far was when it was about 100 degrees at Cedar Point, we were pretty dehydrated but wanted to do one more ride on Millennium Force before heading back to the hotel for a nap. We decided to take the front row and honestly, after the first drop I was literally grayed out the entire ride. The only times I could see properly were when going over the two bigger hills and then right when it gained its speed back again, I'd gray out. (For the record, I'd only grayed out on the first drop on MF on all the other times I'd ridden it)

My friend and I got grayed out on multiple rides that morning but that one was by far the worst. The funniest thing was when we rode Woodstock Express and afterward, he said he grayed out on that...! That's when you know it's bad!

I have never greyed out. So dumb question...What is it/what is it like?

Basically, you get dizzy to the point where you begin to lose your eyesight, yet you remain mostly conscious. When you completely lose consciousness, it's called a blackout.

Thank you very much!

I have never greyed out. So dumb question...What is it/what is it like?

On both of the times I had a greyout all I felt was that my sight got black and white and it lost some "definition". It only lasted for 3-4 seconds, though.

I don't know if it's been posted here already, but I wanted to personally testify that the trick of looking in the direction of where you're turning (so you're looking "up" basically) really works to prevent greyouts. Last time at SFGA, of my three rides on Nitro, on two I remembered to look during the death helix and I didn't greyout in the slightest, one I didn't remember and greyed out slightly.