TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a question for those with more support experience...

I was adding a few supports to my B&M invert... Just like I did in NL1, place a "rail node", some free-nodes and footers and all that. But I don't get the nice support-to-track connections that the pre-fabs do. Are they not supposed to be upgraded now? Mine look like they did in NL1, a pole that just ends on top of the track.

Am I missing something to get the nice support connections?

Not the corners... Those work just fine for me. I am talking the track-to-support connection only. The new ones show bolts and nice flange connections, where the ones I made look like a round bar stuck to the top of the track without any nice connection flange... The piece that coaster track would bolt to the support with.

I just saw this video. Anyone try the LED tunnel effects?

Is this feature only in the full release?

Awesome work!

I guess it is just me, but it seem like I have relearn most of the features all over again. I guess patience is a key...

Link: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfI1-9hu1h0

Not the corners... Those work just fine for me. I am talking the track-to-support connection only. The new ones show bolts and nice flange connections, where the ones I made look like a round bar stuck to the top of the track without any nice connection flange... The piece that coaster track would bolt to the support with.

Supports/Supports Panel.../Connection Style

Got it thanks, had to use the twisted options. I was using default and suspended which didn't work.

Anyone else noticing flickering/moving shadows? I know it is not only my comp, as the official NL teaser had it as well on the dive machine video when the camera is panning at it about to drop. Wonder if these will get corrected later on with a patch. They just kind of look flickery when riding and panning around on the track and supports. The only visual "issue" I have seen though. Just a small thing.

Lastly... I know they are coming, but I really wanted B&M wing coasters! But I look forward to the update whenever they do come!

Tip: To functionally achieve the same thing, just use the 4D's but don't put in any rotation of the seats.

Lastly... I know they are coming, but I really wanted B&M wing coasters! But I look forward to the update whenever they do come!

Tip: To functionally achieve the same thing, just use the 4D's but don't put in any rotation of the seats.

And you can have the trains reversed on track as well.

Has anyone figured out how to evenly space support connections? When using Newton in NL1.X, it was pretty easy because each track segment was the same length (default size was 2 meters.) But now that the track segments are at variable length in NL2, has anyone else found another metric to approximate even spacing of supports?

^ I was thinking of that between the time I submitted my post and when you suggested it, but I was hoping there would be something less painstaking. Have you figured out the amount of track ties per track segment, or does that vary from coaster to coaster?

^ I don't see how counting ties would vary that much from counting segments really?

I did some testing on "ties variation" between different coasters and found out that the difference in the editor is not significant, it stays at about 1.25 meters or so between the ties no matter what. But you can easily compare it with the spacing of the grid.

So just place a node and then count whatever number of ties you want, place the next one and repeat. Not much harder than that.

You said that you wanted an "approximation" of the distance, and this is the simplest method, which got a lot easier with NL2 since the distance is fixed on the whole length of the ride.

I downloaded the demo but my computer was way to slow for it! I have a really old dell precision so I'm going to wait until Apple comes out with a new MacBook Pro and buy that. Then I will buy No Limits 2 for Mac. Long process but it will be worth the wait.

I'm waiting for them to release it for Mac as well. I downloaded the demo, but when I try and open it and it gives me a fatal error saying something along the lines of "no drivers found" and "Direct3D 9.0c" can't be located or loaded or something. I tried re-installing DirectX, as well as a couple other troubleshooting tips but to no avail. I had to dust off my old circa 2008 iMac, which happens to be running Windows Vista via a partition drive, to see if I could try the demo out. Dunno why it's not working as my old iMac meets all the minimum requirements so not sure why my Windows partitioned drive somehow can't locate "drivers" but whatever.

If I've waited 8 years for this, I'm sure I won't mind waiting a little longer for a Mac release cause I KNOW it will for sure run perfectly on my brand new 27inch iMac I bought over this past summer

I'm waiting for them to release it for Mac as well. I downloaded the demo, but when I try and open it and it gives me a fatal error saying something along the lines of "no drivers found" and "Direct3D 9.0c" can't be located or loaded or something. I tried re-installing DirectX, as well as a couple other troubleshooting tips but to no avail. I had to dust off my old circa 2008 iMac, which happens to be running Windows Vista via a partition drive, to see if I could try the demo out. Dunno why it's not working as my old iMac meets all the minimum requirements so not sure why my Windows partitioned drive somehow can't locate "drivers" but whatever.

If I've waited 8 years for this, I'm sure I won't mind waiting a little longer for a Mac release cause I KNOW it will for sure run perfectly on my brand new 27inch iMac I bought over this past summer

Whenever you get the game, do you plan to bring back your fantastic Drachen Fire recreation? You can actually transfer NL1 coasters to NL2. However, due to differences (like realistic friction), it may need to be altered. With the ability to add multiple coasters to one map, it would be awesome if you did BBW as well.

Have you been following Theme Park Review's Twitter feed lately?

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if you uploaded your NoLimits 2 tracks to the Theme Park Review Game Exchange?

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/

Edited by A.J.

^ I don't see how counting ties would vary that much from counting segments really?

I did some testing on "ties variation" between different coasters and found out that the difference in the editor is not significant, it stays at about 1.25 meters or so between the ties no matter what. But you can easily compare it with the spacing of the grid.

So just place a node and then count whatever number of ties you want, place the next one and repeat. Not much harder than that.

You said that you wanted an "approximation" of the distance, and this is the simplest method, which got a lot easier with NL2 since the distance is fixed on the whole length of the ride.

The concept is the same, but at 1.25 meter segments or so, it will by nature take longer than counting 2 meter segments. I was hoping for something less time consuming, but it does work nonetheless, so I guess I'll stick with it.

I'm having some major problems with NL2... Everytime I open the program it crashes my computer. My computer is far more powerful than the minimum requirements so I'm not sure why this is happening. It was working fine until today. Has this happened to anyone else?