TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO once I create a track, how come it shows up in the simulator as wire-frame? How do I make it normal? lol

You have to "Freeze" it first. It's under the "Coaster" tab. Then you don't have to go to the simulator to see it "finished", then just "Unfreeze" to edit it again.

Is anyone Else's Tips and stuff showing up as if there's text missing?

This is happening to me also.

SO once I create a track, how come it shows up in the simulator as wire-frame? How do I make it normal? lol

You go to the coaster tab and click "Freeze"

I've realised something, if we could just bank the track on the transfer tracks, some elements for recreations could be easily implemented, for example:

transfer.thumb.jpg.a729b1a8c23f647a06664e53e134f7fa.jpg

The inclined transfer from powder keg.

Now with NL2 you can set the trains to run backwards, so I imported the diving LIM shuttle from NL1 and converted it to Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when I clicked 'Freeze' to see the track.

So far, so good with NL2. Still having a difficult time with the editor, though. All I've really experimented with is banking on an unfinished coaster from NL1, but I get the basics though. Practice, practice, practice!

Also, will there be a way to add 'warning sirens' or whatever their called on all the coasters? I would really like to implement the siren that Poltergeist at SFFT blares out before it launches on some of my coasters.

Loving everything so far. Will there be any future updates involving the transfer system, i'd love to be able to make it go up on a slope without tilting the track, powder keg style? Or an option to make the transfer track go up and down as well so we could make elevator style lifts for things like the bobsled coaster or drop sections for drop coasters. I would love to make it so i could have a vertical storage system kind of like the pepsi max big one.

After spending more time in NL2 and almost at the end of my first design... I am blown away by this game/simulator. I have been an avid fan of NL1 since the original demo days what, 10 years ago or so? So I have been a LONG time player since the start.

First off, the editor is just awesome. No longer do you need three different software to help create smooth, heartlined designs. Simply setting the node method or whatever to heartline does it for you, and the great new track design method eliminates the pumping and other issues. I can build smooth, flawless inversions in a minute or two, versus spending an hour on perfecting the shape and transitions to eliminate pumps. It really can't get any easier. I dig the section separators and how you input roll. It is just so well thought out, I love it. As long as you know how to shape the inversions, the rest is easy as can be.

Graphic wise, stunning all around. I have everything max'd out and its just eye candy. Runs great on my rig, aside from a few FPS drops when there is a lot of water or many trains in the scene, but hoping my new GPU that arrives today helps eliminate the drop (570 GTX to a 770 GTX)... If need be, I may go to SLI in a month or two if more performance is needed. I want that FPS to stick at 60fps all the time regardless of what is in the scene

My only negatives...

First, I miss the old method to fly around the simulator. Wish it was an option to chose between the two. I know the new method will grow on me, but sometimes it feels a bit clunky.

Secondly, I wish it was slightly easier to make straight track sections. Be nice if there was an option that you can lock and make the track perfectly straight between one another without having to make four nodes or whatever to stop the piece you want from bending around. Again, I am sure I will get used to it, but still would be nice!

Lastly... I know they are coming, but I really wanted B&M wing coasters! But I look forward to the update whenever they do come!

More to come as I dig even deeper into it... Have not got into much terrain or custom supports. Just working on getting used to the track design and such.

My first design is wrapping up... A Great Bear / Montu hybrid of sorts... A 67mph B&M invert with a great steep banked first drop, loop and then a slight turn into the immelman and zero-g combo... Which right after drops into a batwing that goes underground and after exiting, a tight upward helix into the MCBR... Right from the MCBR there is a downward Jo-Jo roll and a turn-hop with some airtime down into a flatspin which will be the start of the helix finale which I am currently working on. Can't wait to finish it!

I for the life of me can't figure this one thing out, how do I switch from the editor to play mode? I know to save and close my park before doing so, but after I select my park to play it just looks like I'm in fly view of the editor. How do I switch it to actually see the coaster?

Thank you!

Maybe I missed it, but is there anyway to switch between tracks/parks once one is loaded up without going back into the editor and loading it up there?

For example, I made a coaster... Went into simulator, rode it, whatever... Is the only way to go to a different track (not in the same "park") to go back to the editor, re-load there, freeze, exit editor and back into simulator? Or can I just open it from the simulator?

^ the only other way i figured out is to switch into the simulator and close the current project! When you now leave the editor, just press play and window will appear were you can choose and open your tracks.

^If you mean it's still wireframe when you go into the park, go to the coaster tab in the editor and click the "Freeze" button.

Thank you! I felt kinda of stupid asking that..I just couldn't figure it out!

I love the game so far, and I find the editor to be a bit simpler then the one in NL1. Very satisfied so far!

I'm not sure if anyone can help here, but I've been messing with the lighting objects included with NL. I wanted to tweak the "Spot Light White" object so that I can have something a little more intense, and different colored lights. I'm a sucker for lighting and making things look dramatic at night. I'm not sure where to go with this but decided to do some digging.

I opened the Spot Light White.nl2sco with Notepad and saw some values that can be modified such as color and intensity. I saved the nl2.sco file in my park folder (I saw that nothing should be changed within the main installation folder) but am not seeing that object when I try to add it to my park through the NL2 program. Am I even going at this the right way?

Mean time, I'm going to continue messing with this.

The 3ds file I was trying to import was something I modeled recently, but when it didn't work after trying for about 30 mins I then tried a simple cube primitive. I'm exporting from 3D Studio MAX 2012. When it exports it does not create an XML file. I haven't had time to mess with it since the post 2 days ago but I am going to try something else soon.

Question for either the devs or those who have been astute enough to find where they are: Is there a list for the heartline values of the coasters, particularly the new ones? I still want to build the majority of the track in Newton, and I obviously need the values to properly build them.

Got my new 770GTX installed today. 1920x1080 with maxed out settings across the board, game just sticks at 60FPS! The only time I ever see it drop is when there are multiple coasters in a park with terrain and water and such. So happy with the performance! Just finished my first ride as well, just needs a few more supports!

Lights are a property of the scenery object (nl2sco) file. They are set in the NL2SCO Editor in the Lights tab. So you have to first have an object before you can create a light. You can create your own lights from scratch in this way, or you can modify the lights in the scenery objects library. To do that, simply open the relevant .nl2sco file in the NL2SCO editor. Go to the Lights tab and double click on the light (there is likely only one to choose). The Light-Source Settings dialog will appear. This is a very intuitive dialog with color pickers and intensity inputs. Make some changes and then do "Save As", saving the file to your park's folder. Simple as that!

Experiment with the many features. You can even do projections from this dialog to make cool effects like this:

screenshot-2014-01-14-23-58-45.thumb.jpg.b7535bd9695315495caf678dfefe4ea3.jpg

screenshot-2014-01-14-23-58-25.thumb.jpg.1a33771d169a74820f5f6ea5511623b1.jpg