TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

I'm having a bit of an issue with the demo. I was hoping to test it out on my PC before buying the full version.

Whenever I attempt to load a park in the simulator, the load stops at "creating coaster scripts" and returns an "Exception_Access_Violation" error code C0000005. I'm sure this is something on my end as opposed to the software, but I figured someone may have some insight into how to rectify this.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played with a wooden coaster all morning. The new build method took some getting used to but now I love it.

It also took me a whole to find the stress comb since it's in a weird place (terrain tab I believe) but now that it's turned on it makes building much easier.

My only problem so far is that the text lines in the help file run over each other (not enough space between lines) so it's not legible.

Ok, So I actually restored my computer to factory this morning in hopes of getting this Demo to work before buying the full version, and it still isn't working. I checked my specs and I have a computer that CAN run this game, so aside from that, when I try to go into the simulator, it gives me this failure that it is not able to create textures(Failed to create texture: Invalid Call), hundreds of those messages come up. I am not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. It's almost like the textures are not downloading with the demo or something.

^F2

I must say this software is wonderful! However, I have already come across a bug. Don't know where these railings came from.

That one is weird but I found a work around for you. If you delete the two switches and everything between it, including the stations, and then Undo the deletion, when you Freeze the coaster again the railings will be gone. If you don't mind me sharing your coaster, we'll look into this one and see if we can find out exactly what's going on. But hopefully that quick fix will work for you.

Beautiful coaster by the way.

Edited by Phyter

Ok, So I actually restored my computer to factory this morning in hopes of getting this Demo to work before buying the full version, and it still isn't working. I checked my specs and I have a computer that CAN run this game, so aside from that, when I try to go into the simulator, it gives me this failure that it is not able to create textures(Failed to create texture: Invalid Call), hundreds of those messages come up. I am not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. It's almost like the textures are not downloading with the demo or something.

We're aware of the "Invalid Call" error. We will let everyone know as soon as we have a solution.

A few questions:

1: Might you be able to bring back the Tracking View in a future update? I found it to be particularly useful when I wanted to view the coaster off ride, but there are a lot of supports, trees, etc. occluding my view.

2: Do you see ZacSpins being added to the lineup some time in the future?

3: I have noticed that you guys seem to feature your Kumba recreation more than any of your pre-made coasters over the years. Is there a reason?

We're aware of the "Invalid Call" error. We will let everyone know as soon as we have a solution.

Great! Thanks so much for the response. Should I be safe to go ahead and purchase the full version?

Does it take long to get the hang of NoLimits 2 if you've previously owned no limits 1? It seems many people are saying you need to learn how to work on it over again.

Took me about an hour to re ajust. The editor has been almost completely revamped, but I would easily say it is for the better.

Here is my suggestion that I haven't seen yet:

Give us a button (in the ride control panel) to set switch tracks to not change while in automatic mode. Mostly I want this as a way when playing with a coaster with dual stations to run in one station mode.

Also this is either a question or a suggestion:

Is there a way to move trains backwards out of stations into the transfer table while in blue-manual mode (for example on Kumba)? If so, I can seem to find it and if not, please add it. Trains should be able to be moved from block to block backwards or forwards as long as there are drive tires/lims and the block is clear. Real coasters can do this. Full manual mode is annoying to use in these situations.

Edited by Zero One

We didn't get the "xml" notification when we opened the clocktower file. But it clearly is not a good file. It is corrupt in some way. It appears to have been converted from an OBJ so the MTL file in the folder is completely irrelevant. And due to whatever converter you used, the 3DS file won't have any textures or UVs. What program is this file coming from? I might be able to help you figure out how to convert it properly if you have the original OBJ.

I made the object in Maya, saved it as .OBJ, and then imported it to lightwave, triangle-devided it all, and tried saving both as .OBJ and as .3DS , neither brought good results.

^F2

I must say this software is wonderful! However, I have already come across a bug. Don't know where these railings came from.

That one is weird but I found a work around for you. If you delete the two switches and everything between it, including the stations, and then Undo the deletion, when you Freeze the coaster again the railings will be gone. If you don't mind me sharing your coaster, we'll look into this one and see if we can find out exactly what's going on. But hopefully that quick fix will work for you.

Beautiful coaster by the way.

Odd fix, but it did work! I don't mind if you share at all.

Related to this, I'd like to see the rails and catwalks fit with the switches. I think it happened as I tried to add the catwalks to every section in the switch. This is what they do by default:

screenshot-2014-01-11-20-12-31.thumb.jpg.a31275ddbf4701a5ce1a349a98bcb3b8.jpg

Also, thank you!

Here's my PC set-up

PC: Dell Studio XPS 7100

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUS), ~3.0GHZ

Memory: 6144 DDR3 RAM

Video: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Video Memory: 3829 MB DDR3 RAM

DirectX: DirectX 11

To get 20-50 FPS (averaging about 25-35 FPS), I had to set my resolution to 720P/60HZ, LOD Distance and Texture Filter Quality to low, real time shadows at max (I did not like the lower quality shadows at all), Background Texture/Detail at normal, and Advanced Effects unchecked. I also have unchecked Triple Buffering/Vertical Sync. Full Scene Anti-Aliasing is set to disabled and Font Smoothing is set to LCD Mode. Gamma correction is unchanged. With these settings the game runs well enough, except it seems during night time. My video card (considered entry-level in 2011) will probably be replaced eventually as every game now seems unplayable (in terms of FPS) for me above 720P.

Update: I switched back to 1080p and the game is just as smooth as when I had it at 720P.

We didn't get the "xml" notification when we opened the clocktower file. But it clearly is not a good file. It is corrupt in some way. It appears to have been converted from an OBJ so the MTL file in the folder is completely irrelevant. And due to whatever converter you used, the 3DS file won't have any textures or UVs. What program is this file coming from? I might be able to help you figure out how to convert it properly if you have the original OBJ.

I made the object in Maya, saved it as .OBJ, and then imported it to lightwave, triangle-devided it all, and tried saving both as .OBJ and as .3DS , neither brought good results.

Well if you're importing it into Lightwave, NL2 supports LWS and LWO. So try one of those and let me know your results. There's no need to export as 3DS from Lightwave.

Well if you're importing it into Lightwave, NL2 supports LWS and LWO. So try one of those and let me know your results. There's no need to export as 3DS from Lightwave.

I thought I mentioned- I already tried .lwo , it's the same problem.

Anyone have an idea on how to do clearance testing (tunnel testing as it was done in NL1) and is the "cut track path" available in NL2?

There is a scene object in the Demo Objects folder called "Clearance Envelope." All you need to do is position it near a train in the editor and it will appear on the train during Play mode. Then put the coaster in Full Manual mode and move the train along the track as slowly as you want.

There is a scene object in the Demo Objects folder called "Clearance Envelope." All you need to do is position it near a train in the editor and it will appear on the train during Play mode. Then put the coaster in Full Manual mode and move the train along the track as slowly as you want.

Thanks a lot for the help!! It's a really cool feature.

I tried looking for it. I just wished that you could run the trains in Editor mode so that you didn't have to go between the editor and the play mode to tweak the ground. Especially since you can still modify the terrain when you have locked the coaster and that the clearance envelope don't is fixed in relation of the track and not the train (if it swings/spins that is).

Maybe something like the B&M ball with an attached clearance envelope could be movable in the editor mode when the coaster is locked?

Just a thought, would make the clearance testing easier, since you can fix all nature hits directly.