TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was messing around in the editor (demo version) earlier. I tried to load one of the parks, and the whole thing glitched really badly, so I took it off my computer. Thankfully it didn't crash my system since I'm also downloading the full version right now.

I've been playing around with the editor trying to get used to it. Really wish there was a video tutorial showing a basic coaster with some curves and inversions to help us get a feel for the new UI and track designer. Evaluating the built in tracks helped but there's still a few things I haven't figured out yet. I decided to wait on the purchase due to the download time.

EDIT: Just found the text tutorials ... hopefully they can help

Running like butter on highest settings over here.

Windows 8.1

i5 4670k

r9 290

8gb 1600

840 EVO SSD

Edited by BotanicalStig

I'm not really a fan of the editor to be honest. The features and look of the whole thing is insanely good, but even after getting the hang of building fairly quickly I just really dislike the process compared to NL1. Gutted to be honest, it's everything I wanted except for this one thing!

Can anyone tell me which new train styles are offered in NL2?

here's the list from Nolimits Exchange of all the styles in NL2 (new style are bolded):

-Arrow Sitdown with OTSRs

-Arrow Suspended NEW

-Arrow/S&S 4D Coaster NEW

-B&M Hyper w/ 4 across seating

-B&M Sitdown

-B&M Floorless

-B&M Invert

-B&M Standup

-B&M Flyer NEW

-B&M Dive Machine NEW

-B&M Hyper w/ V seating NEW

-B&M Hyper w/ V seating and splash scoops NEW

-GCI Millennium Flyer

-Gerstlauer Eurofighter

-Gerstlauer Eurofighter 2

-Gerstlauer Spinning

-Gerstlauer Bobsled

-Gravitykraft Timberliner NEW

-Intamin sitdown w/ Lapbars

-Intamin Inverted

-Intamin sitdown w/ OTSRs NEW

-Mack Launched NEW

-Maurer Sohne Spinning

-Maurer Sohne X-Car

-Morgan 2 bench woodie

-PTC 2 bench

-PTC 3 bench

-Premier LIM Launched Sitdown w/ Lapbars

-Schwarzkopf Sitdown w/ Lapbars

-Schwarzkopf Sitdown w/ Accordion Shoulder Harness

-Vekoma Mine Train

-Vekoma Mine Train w/ Locomotive

-Vekoma Flying Dutchman

-Vekoma Motorbike

-Vekoma Invetigo Trains

-Vekoma Inverted Trains

-Zamperla Spinning Mouse

Ok here's something on the demo, I already mentioned how I can't get the transfer track to reverse a train full stop on the timberliners, i tried experimenting with the dive machine to get all 4 trains stored away, I start the sim and move train two into the furthest away shed and move it back twice so its in the far corner of the shed. I then send the transfer track back, i put train 3 on it and the switch just stops working it wont let me put away another train. It'll let me move a train off it to the station but I just can't move it right again with a car on it.

You have to go to full manual mode to move the train into the storage shed. There is a place with trains to manually move them. To take them out of storage you can use manual block mode. I hope that makes sense.

To those having trouble figuring out the new building method:

Stick with it!

It is different and requires some un-learning from how you built tracks in NL1. Day 1 may see frustrating. Read the tutorials and keep experimenting. Ask questions and we will help you if you get stuck. Day 2 you will feel more comfortable and then it is smooth sailing.

The new editing method is far more powerful and easy-to-use. Keep at it and you will be a pro in no time!

-Ride_Op

How come adjusting the length of a track segment alters the one before it? This software is great don't get me wrong, but how come you fixed what didn't seem to be broken? I wanted to expand my skills with NL2, not have to start over!

I was very frustrated at first in the editor, but after just 15mins or so I love it... Once you learn the tricks, it gets very easy. I made a great mini coaster that was extremely smooth without pumping... It would have taken me much longer in NL1, taking away the learning curve at the beginning... I like that I can get such smooth results so quickly in NL2.

One trick... Use lots of nodes... Then use the straight command and your all set. You use bank and section nodes often.

Maxed out, my rig does bog down a bit to 20-30 FPS at points... So I have a new Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC graphics card arriving Monday, hoping that helps. Upgrading from my 570 GTX... I heard its roughly 2x the performance, so I am hoping!

Otherwise, simply stunning... Except for the fact 5hrs still remain on my full-download, 3hrs into it.

I'm thinking I'll just cancel my download and wait until tomorrow to try again. I'm at about 80MB in and it's been an hour and a half.

The demo is fantastic! The manual block mode was very confusing at first on the dive machine because of all the separate sections, but once I messed around it with for a little I got it.

Still over seven hours left on mine. I understand that I will just be able to leave it go overnight, blah blah, but I really should be using the application by now.

Ok here's something on the demo, I already mentioned how I can't get the transfer track to reverse a train full stop on the timberliners, i tried experimenting with the dive machine to get all 4 trains stored away, I start the sim and move train two into the furthest away shed and move it back twice so its in the far corner of the shed. I then send the transfer track back, i put train 3 on it and the switch just stops working it wont let me put away another train. It'll let me move a train off it to the station but I just can't move it right again with a car on it.

You have to go to full manual mode to move the train into the storage shed. There is a place with trains to manually move them. To take them out of storage you can use manual block mode. I hope that makes sense.

I meant more you should be able to do it just on manual block as in if the ride was operating in real life as opposed to full manual where you can park cars anywhere like on vertical drops etc. for example on the b&m hyper you can take off all coasters put them in storage and put them back on the main track etc without needing to touch the full manual button. Someone said that for the dive machine it just doesn't line up properly on the transfer track and I think the timberliners, someone just forgot to check the option to allow it to reverse in the editor. I think they are all supposed to have a way without needing to go into full manual

On the wooden coaster, it is intentional that you can't power the train back into the storage building on that particular track. My intent was to avoid friction tires. To put the trains away the maintenance team has to push the train backwards, which is the equivalent of using full manual to move the train back.

-Ride_Op

If you are getting an "Invalid call" error (or hundreds of them) when trying to load B&M tracks, I was able to fix this by forcing the game to use my Nvidia card.

Just go to your Nvidia control panel and "Manage 3D Settings"

Add No Limits 2 to your program list.

Select the preferred graphics processor to "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor"

Obviously this only works if you have a Nvidia card, but I think the problem is limited to those cards only (and possibly only the mobile versions). I also believe it is happening to B&M tracks only (happened to me on Hydra, that new Hyper, and the Dive coaster but not Tatsu and none of the other styles).

I hope this helps the devs track down the issue.

I don't have a Nvidia card and getting the same problem, but someone said it was an Intel graphics card problem. I'm on a laptop so I don't think I can get a Nvidia card.

If there is a "Factory Reset" or "Factory Restore" option on your laptop then that might fix the problem. We realize this isn't an option for everyone, but for those that do have that particular option available they have reported success. It may require booting into the BIOS (F8/F11 on startup) and then finding the option in the BIOS settings. Don't do this unless you know what you're doing.