TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Wanda Parks in China.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I didn't realize Viper was that tall, that long, and that... standard of a layout (for GCI at least). It looks much less aggressive in its layout and turns than a lot of their designs, which honestly might be good for such a big ride from them.

The Nanching Intamin's lift and first drop looks so weird to me. The supports just look messy. I don't think we've seen Intamin take a steel coaster up that high and then just coast around for a while, have we? They've done it on their wooden coasters I guess. It just seems weird. Why not just make the lift less steep, to get rid of the flat track before the turn? It looks old school and slightly amateur-ish to me. IMO, it's not nearly as elegant as a lot of their designs. Not that it matters, really. The first drop looks great and steep though, so that's what counts.

Also, I noticed that Intamin has changed the support structure on their mega and giga coasters a number of times. I305, M Force, Superman ROS, GeForce, Thunder Dolphin, and Goliath Walibi all have very different support structures. Just an observation.

The Nanching Intamin's lift and first drop looks so weird to me. The supports just look messy. I don't think we've seen Intamin take a steel coaster up that high and then just coast around for a while, have we? They've done it on their wooden coasters I guess. It just seems weird. Why not just make the lift less steep, to get rid of the flat track before the turn? It looks old school and slightly amateur-ish to me. IMO, it's not nearly as elegant as a lot of their designs. Not that it matters, really. The first drop looks great and steep though, so that's what counts.

VHS Coaster's commented on that photo saying that the turn around before the first drop is advertised as a "panoramic curve" and apparently it's an international thing. I think it's pretty neat, adds character and builds up anticipation for that first drop.

The GCI looks miles better in the POV than it does in pictures. The pacing is extremely impressive from start to finish and has a bunch of airtimee and strong lateral opportunities.

The Intamin looks plain ugly and unappealing. I'm sure that, like the GCI, that the POV will look a lot better than what the pics show, but still...eww.

Good-looking GCI! I wasn't all that thrilled with the look of the first out-run...things are indeed drawn out & for whatever reason GCI seems to deliver less airtime than appearances would suggest, but my eyes were opened in the second half with the clever use of terrain. It looks like it could be one of those rides that gets better as it goes on, and it really seems to be ripping in that final stretch. By the end of the POV, I really wanted to ride this!

• 3 weeks later...

VHS Coaster's commented on that photo saying that the turn around before the first drop is advertised as a "panoramic curve" and apparently it's an international thing. I think it's pretty neat, adds character and builds up anticipation for that first drop.

The first curve (and most of the layout) was requested by the park. Its something intamin would have never done otherwise. I think they did the best they could with the client they had to work with.

Good concept, but the visibility out there is like 4 meters.

The first curve (and most of the layout) was requested by the park. Its something intamin would have never done otherwise. I think they did the best they could with the client they had to work with.

Thank you for your highly unqualified knowledge.

So you're implying that Intamin knows more about what Wanda wants with their park than Wanda themselves?