TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Wanda Parks in China.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video of the tilt coaster testing. It's confirmed to be a Golden Horse design, which worries me a little about the safety of it.

Well Golden Horse never had an accident so at least I am not worried about safety.

Willing to bet that the coaster opens on April 15, and has an accident the same day *Cough* April 15 was when the titanic sank on it's first trip *cough*

..Hoping history doesn't repeat itself, and I'm wrong... It needs to stay open long enough for a full POV to be released

Hope this isn't too off topic but seems Wanda will be appearing a lot more worldwide:

Conglomerate Wanda Group has become the first Chinese top-tier partner of world football governing body Fifa.

It is the first big deal of new Fifa President Gianni Infantino's reign, and the first since the scandals that engulfed the organisation.

Wanda Group operates in a number of sectors including property, retail, sport, hotels, film and stores.

It has entered at the highest level of sponsorship rights and the deal covers the next four World Cups until 2030.

The financial size of the partnership has not been revealed, but it is believed to be one of the biggest in Fifa's history.

Fifa's top five sponsors - Coca Cola, Gazprom, Adidas, Visa, Hyundai - paid some $180m to the governing body between them in 2015.

Although Wanda is the first Chinese firm to enter at this top level, another Chinese firm, Yingli Solar - a solar panel provider - was a second-tier Fifa sponsor of the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.

'Strengthen football'

One of the companies Wanda owns is InFront Media, a sports marketing firm which owns the media rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups across 26 Asian territories.

The agreement is another sign of the growing importance of football in China - with government backing, major expansion and investment in the game at home, and a number of overseas clubs being bought by Chinese businesses.

Dalian Wanda has a 20% stake in Spanish La Liga football team Atletico Madrid, while fellow Chinese company CMC took a 13% stake in the parent group of Manchester City last December.

"We are pleased to welcome the Wanda Group to Fifa," said Mr Infantino.

He added that it was "a company that has a long affiliation with football, has been an active supporter of the game for many years and shares our enthusiasm to develop and strengthen football".

'Highly motivated'

Wanda Group will have rights to all Fifa competitions and corporate activities up to and including the 2030 World Cup.

Mr Infantino said the Wanda partnership would help with the continuing development and growth of the game in China and elsewhere.

"We are highly motivated to promote football across the country and to inspire a new generation of youngsters," said Wang Jianlin, chairman of the Wanda Group and the richest man in China.

He said the company wanted to support the Chinese government drive to develop football in the country. President Xi Jinping made football a national priority last year.

The deal is some positive news for Fifa, which has been engulfed in a corruption scandal for the past 10 months.

On Thursday, it said that costs connected with the scandal, including legal fees, helped bring about a loss of $122m in 2015, its first since 2002.

BBC Source

• 2 weeks later...
Another video of the tilt coaster testing at the Hefei park has gone up

Is that clanging the sound of the coaster? Joking aside, it does look interesting to see a Chinese made Tilt-coaster. I wonder how long it takes for the track to tilt?

I hope they do get some testing video of the two trains tilting together, etc.

And of all the ride vehicles they're designing for the various attractions....

01x1vk4pqbo.jpg.220245397c34e2d5dbe446a83ff78336.jpg

Bottom Left - it's probably a tea cup/tilt-a-whirl like attraction, but the vehicle looks really cool! (o:

I find it very interesting that the layout of the park in Wanda Guangzhou seems very similar to IOA. (Which is not a bad thing!)

Agreed! I like parks that surround a lake. You're never far from a Kodak moment, and the traffic seems to flow better to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks very nice. But I'm still not sure how their operation will be. How's the review of the Xishuangbanna park been?

I've not read any reviews yet I'm afraid. At least not from anyone who would have experience of how parks operate properly.

Here's a set of 3 pictures of the 3 main coasters at Wanda Nanchang.

How do we make the weather look nice? Lets make all the clouds blue!

Nancer1.thumb.jpg.526a9920b7de0b98971a1fe417b93aaf.jpg

Nancer2.thumb.jpg.5cb725d360a7ce16e1399f50c38028ca.jpg

Nancer3.thumb.jpg.75e9efc7e35e42b36d63f4a248f0a4ea.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hefeidragon.thumb.jpg.c78bfa00c9bf8874c2eb8730ef7b12b3.jpg

Love this picture.

A circular non inverting loop and a massive dragon from Wanda Hefei.

This is the tallest loop in the world in theory. taking the record from Flying Aces in Abu Dhabi. However the tallest inverting loop is still Flash/Lightning at Lewa World in Xi'an.

Edited by Gutterflower