TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Wanda Parks in China.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the two big-a$$ Intamin's being constructed in China is using the double-spined track, despite being really big. If we compare it to the ride opening in Dubai who is using a lot of double-spined track then it's really strange.

The main reason for using the double-spined track is to save 1. columns and 2. foundations. Foundations cost basically nothing to construct in China compared to the western world, but I imagine the steel price is pretty much the same for the columns.

Any guesses?

Or maybe it could be a combination of the ground condition and park request. KD requested fewer supports so i305 track has double spine almost all the way. SkyRush goes over a river, Comet and a kiddie area, it's much cheaper and practical to use double spine because the ground on the river bed and river side are relatively unstable for large amount of footers. For Formula Rossa and Flying Aces' high wind environment and desert condition, more supports means higher wind resistance so It's safer and cheaper to use double spine at higher spots. Flying Aces' lift structure used pipes instead of the SkyRush style I-Beam structure, probably due to high wind condition as well.

But in China, these two coasters are in dry and flat land and there's no crazy desert environment, plus Wanda is one of the richest companies in the whole country. I guess the only extra issue Intamin need to consider might be the higher air resistance.

• 2 weeks later...

So is it safe to assume that the Dueling Tilt Coaster are: A. Some China knock-off which seriously makes me question if I'll ever want to ride them, and B. Never going to duel because this is China and we've seen how well they duel Dauling Dragon.

Also the custom Chinese SLC at the Nanchang park (same as the Intamin Hyper above)

1914943_1500434056928654_246740319273319049_n.jpg?oh=4b537ffb0517d05a5a45b9d96f7b2b33&oe=570FC82A

So is it safe to assume that the Dueling Tilt Coaster are: A. Some China knock-off which seriously makes me question if I'll ever want to ride them, and B. Never going to duel because this is China and we've seen how well they duel Dauling Dragon.

They are indeed Chinese built but we dont really know by who yet. B is my main worry. With the exception of the Chimelong parks The operations in China are always so awful i doubt it will ever run with both sides at the same time. My one hope is that Wanda turn out to be better park operators than Fantawild and Happy Valley.

On another front. I wonder when we can stop calling rides knock offs? now they've started to diversify a bit. The Mine trains at Happy Valley Tianjin, Euro Park Jinan and Wanda Harbin are all custom designs with their own track type so they can't really be called knock offs anymore. But what about the SLC above which has a unique layout but a Vekoma track style? And the Tilts which have unique track style and layouts but a major element taken from Vekoma?

That SLC's layout is awesome and terrifying... But the fact that it is a knockoff Chinese SLC makes me lean more towards terrifying and fearful for my life.

The layout actually doesn't look bad at all. But I assume that's where the good points end...

It absolutely is, though I'd imagine they'd have to honor any existing park-related agreements that they have to other companies as well. Legendary and Universal Studios have a partnership that technically opens the door for themed attractions around Legendary's properties in the Universal parks...

^^They've co-produced almost all of their films and have used Warner Bros., Paramount, Universal and Crackle as distributors for their film library, so it would be interesting to see what part of their ownership rights grant them control over the use of their IPs versus what control those co-producers and distributors have. I'd imagine that Warner Bros. and Universal both carry the majority control when it comes to these properties.

• 2 weeks later...

An amazing aerial update on Hefei Wanda the park and its coasters.

Hef9.jpg.c839b90d1f6c46d7374920b98ad6ff00.jpg

The Intamin launched coaster

Hef4.jpg.dfa8eba83face001cf8d7b90cbe506e1.jpg

Looking pretty damn good.

Hef3.jpg.d0b3c21f8d255333f6e5fde14bb4fc54.jpg

The Chinese built dueling tilt coasters. Not actually vertical as expected but properly custom layouts.

Hef0.jpg.bae4bf9ed34b87e6da507bd806f142bf.jpg

One ride has 2 inversions while one ride has 3 inversions.

More non coaster pics of the park here